Thread: 2074 Astros Block

Furcals Designated Driver realmofotalk's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Astros 2074 Astros Block

Everybody for sale. I would most like to move Archer, Father and Son Garner, and Bray just to get something back, but I expect Guinness, Providence, Shusake, Ponder to generate the most interest.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Re: 2074 Astros Block

One of you heavy hitters with elite prospects trade for Providence or Guinness. Also, Davidson and Whitehurst together make one hell of a hitting third baseman. Graham's bat plays all over the infield. Two catchers in Archer and Son Garner with pop and good eye. Father Garner can fill out your starting outfield.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Let's try this again:

SP Shusake: If you don't trade for him, somebody will get him and he'll go Cliff Lee on your asses in October and your fans will bemoan, "Fuck, we couldn't beat their offer for Carlos Fucking Carrasco who will be out of baseball in two years?"

CF Sid Garner: Centerfielder who can still hit for power and play great D. Not saying he'll be Carlos Beltran for you, but as you remember, Yu Darvish's career in MSL declined after that fateful series where Garner relayed to his Astros teammates all of Darvish's tipped pitches.

2B Jack Chester: Platoon 2b. Comes with a bumper sticker that says, "My other second baseman is another second baseman that has a sticker that says my other second baseman is this second baseman who can also kick your ass."
    Last edited by realmofotalk; 12-19-2018 at 02:29 AM.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Bump. Shusake can go for just one first round pick. Highest projected pick gets him.

I want to move Catcher Garner and Centerfielder Garner and Chester asap...just offer something that isn't just salary filler.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Providence is willing to re-sign for 5 years at a reasonable $10M per, for those of you who were reluctant to offer because you assumed he would be a rental. Gimme those picks and prospects! Don't regret it like the Dodgers regret not getting Justin Verlander!

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Bump. Still got decent hitting versatile infielders Davidson, Whitehurst, and Chester.

And Alan Garner's a backup at this point, but he's still a 10 at both catcher and 1b, so if you have a roster crunch and can't carry both a backup C and 1b, Garner's a solution.

Shusake still looking to help a contender down the stretch.