Thread: League site and rules

MLB ERA

Molina's Sim League League site and rules

League site

OOTP 6 Generated Website

Everything must be sent to me in a PM. I will not use information from Team Threads to fill out rosters.

Part 1: Player Transactions
    We will star with player transactions. Everything must be done in the following formats. When promoting or demoting a player it must look like this:

Promotions
    (Position)-(Player Name) promoted from (Current Level) to (Desired Level)
    Ex: RF-Laynce Nix promoted from AAA to MLB

Demotions
    (Position)-(Player Name) demoted from (Current Level) to (Desired Level)
    Ex: RF-Laynce Nix demoted from MLB to AAA

When doing promotions and demotions be sure to keep an eye on your 25-man roster (or 40-man roster in September). I do not want to have to PM you saying you don't have enough room.

Here is how a free agent offer and an extension offer should appear:
    (Team) offer (Position) (Player Name) (Number of Years) @ (Salary Offer) per year
    Ex: Rangers offer RF-Laynce Nix 4 years @ $2,500,000 per year

If you want to release a player here is how it will appear. Keep in mind that if that player has a salary, the salary remaining on his contract will no longer be on your payroll but will go into Player Expenses instead:

Release
    (Position)-(Player Name)-(Level)
    RF-Laynce Nix (AAA)

Part 2: Sending in Lineups
    You must send in lineups against RHP and LHP if you are an NL team and RHP +DH and LHP +DH if you are an AL team. If you want your lineups the same against RHP and LHP please specify that in the PM. It will make it easier on me. Lineups must be sent to me in the following format:

LINEUP VS RHP Pos
    1) A. Soriano 2B
    2) J. Mauer C
    3) J. Crede 3B
    4) A. Dunn LF
    5) C. Ross CF
    6) X. Nady RF
    7) J. Stokes 1B
    8) M. Cabrera SS
    9) Pitcher

LINEUP VS RHP+DH Pos
    1) A. Soriano 2B
    2) J. Mauer C
    3) J. Crede 3B
    4) A. Dunn LF
    5) C. Ross DH
    6) X. Nady RF
    7) J. Stokes 1B
    8) M. Cabrera SS
    9) C. Snelling CF

LINEUP VS LHP Pos
    1) A. Soriano 2B
    2) J. Phillips C
    3) X. Nady RF
    4) C. Ross CF
    5) J. Crede 3B
    6) A. Dunn LF
    7) M. Cabrera SS
    8) J. Stokes 1B
    9) Pitcher

LINEUP VS LHP+DH Pos
    1) A. Soriano 2B
    2) C. Snelling CF
    3) X. Nady RF
    4) C. Ross DH
    5) J. Crede 3B
    6) A. Dunn LF
    7) J. Phillips C
    8) M. Cabrera SS
    9) J. Stokes 1B

Conversely, if you prefer to let the AI decide your batting order you can tell me who to start at what position and I can have the game determine the batting order.

Your pitching staff should be sent to me in the following format. If you want to go by a strict order or start the most rested starter you need to specify that. Otherwise I will go by a strict order by default. For the spot starter you will need to specify what percentage you want him to start. For example, if you designate someone to spot start 25% of the time he make 1 start every 4 times through the rotation:

Rotation
    1) R J. Foppert
    2) R J. Beckett
    3) R J. Bonderman
    4) L D. Willis
    5) L E. Threets

Spot Starter
    1. NONE

Mop-up
    1) R B. Baisley
    2)

Middle Relief
    1) R D. Kolb
    2) L J. Beimel
    3) R B. Baisley
    4)

Set-up
    1) R F. German
    2) L A. Burnside

Closer
    1) R M. Koplove

New Rule (2/28/19): Going forward, if you're sending me manual changes I will ignore all minor league promotions and demotions sent in September.

Part 3: Sending in Trades
    Whenever GM's have agreed to a trade post the trade in a new thread in the subforum "MSL Submit Trades Here".

Trades are subject to vote in the TC should anyone feel the need to call the trade into question, but is otherwise automatic. Trades posted in the trade forum are not official until I post the thread in the MSL Transactions forum.

Should the trade be taken to the TC I'll inform both GMs involved either by PM and/or by posting in the appropriate trade thread.

When posting a trade here is how it should appear in the PM:

Thread Title:
    Trade: Texas - Oakland

Thread Details:
    Rangers get:
    CP - Huston Street - 5.0 Prospect - MLC
    2B - Barney Stinson - 3.5 overall - 3,400,000
    SS - Stuart Price - 2.5 overall - 1,600,000

Total: 5,000,000

Athletics get:

CP-Francisco Cordero 4.5 overall - 10,000,000

Total: 10,000,000

That was just an example to show how a basic player trade would appear if money were involved. You must include the player's position and star rating and use a P by the star rating to designate that he is still a prospect. Getting all this information correct makes it easier on the TC to judge trades and for me to process them.

From now on player salaries must be included in trades. Salary should be listed after a player's star rating.

If the amount of money you receive in player salary in a trade outnumbers your FA available money, you can't do the trade. For instance:

PHI has 5 million in FA money, and he receives a 7 million dollar player in a trade without getting 2 million, giving a 2 million+ player(s), or a combination of both, he cannot do said trade.

When a trade goes through the game automatically puts that player in Triple A. If you want him sent somewhere else you must do a demotion or promotion for him.

Future cash considerations: You are allowed to trade as much cash in the current season as your team has available. However, in order to send cash for future seasons the trade must put your payroll at the same amount you're wishing to send in the next season under your previous season's revenue.

For example: The Rangers want to send a player with a 3 year, 20 million dollar contract to Philadelphia. To help pay some of the money Texas agrees to send 10 mil to Philly next year and another 10 mil the year after. If Texas earned 80 million in revenue last year this trade must take Texas' payroll down to at least 70 million. If Texas earns 85 million in revenue this year they have a 75 million dollar cap the next season.

I am not entirely sure how the game works with cash so this is the best thing I can think of to keep it under wraps without being too strict.

Part 4: Misc. Moves/Transactions
    Position Changes
    Change (Player Name) from (Current Position) to (Desired Position)
    Ex: Change Laynce Nix from RF to CF

Part 5: Misc. Trading Draft Picks
    There must be at least one actual player coming from each team. No more Pick for Player trades. The game requires this so it will save me the trouble of using dummy players to make the trade work, and then trading the dummy players back to their original teams.

In the rare instance multiple picks are traded for a higher one no scrubs are needed.

Team 1 trades:
    1st Round Draft Pick
    Player A

Team 2 trades:
    Player B

For Trades Involving More than 5 Players from the Same Team:
    The game only allows me to enter 5 players from the same team in a single trade. Ex: If Team A trades 7 players to Team B for 1 player I have to enter a 2nd trade to complete the transaction. Going back to the rule for draft picks, I would also need Team B to include a 2nd player to make the 2nd trade work in the game.

I hope these make sense and if you need clarification or have questions feel free to ask.

Involving Trading of Draft Picks:
    You are only allowed to trade your next two 1st and 2nd round draft picks. This means that before the draft you can trade this year's 1st and 2nd round picks and next year's 1st and 2nd round pick. After the draft you can trade next year's and the following year's 1st and 2nd round picks.

EX: From the beginning of 2045 until 6/1/2045 you can trade 1st and 2nd round picks for 2045 and 2046. Beginning 6/1/2045 you can trade 1st and 2nd round picks for 2046 and 2047.

3rd round picks and later cannot be traded.

If there is any part of this you are unclear on please feel free to PM me and I will answer your question. More may be added to this as need.

Part 6: Various other policies linked elsewhere

Free Agency Compensation rules:

Free Agency Compensation

Rules for Free Agency Compensation

- There are three categories free agents can fall into: Type A, Type B, Type C

- Type A free agents will be extremely rare, but when they exist will warrant a 5.0 prospect at the same position and a 4.0-4.5 prospect at any position (randomly generated)

- Type B free agents will warrant one lower-tier 5.0 star prospect at the same position

- Type C free agents will warrant a 3.5-4.5 star prospect at the same position

- With rare exceptions for superstar relievers (judgment call by me) middle relievers and closers are not eligible for free agency compensation

- If you do not make an honest effort to extend your comp eligible player he will not receive compensation (judgement call by me)- In general, players age 34 and above are not eligible for compensation, however if the player has shown no signs of dying and you have made an honest effort to extend him beyond just the next season (judgment call by me) I will make him eligible for one tier lower than he would otherwise qualify if he were younger.

- You must have had the player on your roster for longer than 1 season for him to be eligible for compensation.

- If you sign a player eligible for free agency compensation at the same level as your comp-eligible free agent you forfeit your compensation.

- Comp picks will be generated on draft day of the upcoming season

- you can trade your comp pick even before it is generated, but not until all comp eligible free agents of the same level have been signed in free agency

Player Save Rules

Each team will get 1 save of a prospect or a player 30 years or under over a 2 year period. This only applies to a season-ending or career-ending injury, and prospect talent losses that meet the criteria below. You only get 1 for every two year period as annotated in the sticky'd thread, so use it wisely. Once it has been processed (at the end of the season for career/season enders, right away for pointless prospect drops) it cannot be changed. You can change your mind before that time should you get another injury to a better player, or decide against using it. This does not eliminate a season-ending injury, it only protects from talent and rating loss that may result from the injury. Career enders will be edited to season enders.

Conversely, you can also burn your save on any under-25 prospect who dies for no reason whatsoever even if no injury is involved.

The criteria that must be met to use it in this instance are as follows

1. Player is 25 years old or younger at the time of the talent hit
    2. You have not already used your designated save
    3. If you don't save the player by the rollover you are accepting his new ratings as is. No retrospective saves allowed.

However, choose this one wisely because in these instances the restoration will be immediate, as opposed to the end of the season (meaning you have zero opportunity to change your mind).

Here is the format:

team name
    position - player name
    ratings at the time of injury
    talent ratings at the time of injury

Post here if/when the situation should arise.

(Prospects from the current year's draft get free saves should they lose talent the year they were drafted.)
    Last edited by HollywoodLeo; 08-19-2019 at 06:24 PM.
    LeagueTeamyearsRecordWild CardDivisionPennantsTitles
    MSLSan Diego Padres2034-20592,217-1,9951631
    TBLArizona Diamondbacks2005-20181,216-1,0531963
    TSSLSan Diego Padres2015-2021, 2024-20281,017-9280732
    TSSLTexas Rangers2029-2033396-4140000

MLB ERA

Re: League info and site

I didn't change very much to this, but I tweaked the rule regarding how far in advance 1st round picks can be traded.

Also, I added the Season/Career ending injury for players 30 and under mulligan.

MLB ERA

Re: League info and site

Here is a sample PM of mine from a different league that highlights the formatting that really helps. It also involves just about any type of roster move conceivable.

Cut from MLB
    C James Dick
    MR Shane Farney

Cut from AAA
    C Tomijirou Fumihiko
    RF Hector Hernandez
    LF Richard Majeski (yeah, I know. Was just seeing if it'd give me a fan interest boost)
    CF Samual Sandy

Cut from AA
    SP James Lingenfelter
    SP Jonathan Mendes
    MR Ed Lark
    MR Jim Simons
    CL Milton Tingley
    1B John Blazquez
    SS Stephen Wirt

Cut from A
    SP Fabian Meyer
    SP Lupe Robbins
    MR Mark Gardner
    MR Robert Reed
    C David Dahlin
    1B Julian Reyes
    2B Andreas Corrado
    2B Alexis Galaz
    3B Clemente Ronquillo
    3B Steven Conrad
    SS Seve Covarrubias
    RF Victor Perez

Demote
    SP Leslie Griner: MLB -> AAA
    MR Vincent Manchester: MLB -> AAA
    MR Bill Sheley: MLB -> AAA
    SS Tricia Takanawa: MLB -> AAA

LF Aurelio Gonzales: AAA -> AA
    CF Patrick Dunkle: AAA -> AA

Promote
    SP Milhouse Van Houten: AAA -> MLB
    SP Otomaro Amane: AAA -> MLB
    SP Anthony Drum: AAA -> MLB
    SP Cobra Kai: AAA -> MLB
    SP Jeffery Trinh: AAA -> MLB
    MR Claudio Delapena: AAA -> MLB
    MR Stanley Gonzales: AAA -> MLB
    MR Robby Newhart Jr: AAA -> MLB
    C Geraldo Fleitas: AAA -> MLB
    1B Decepticon Devastator: AAA -> MLB
    2B Wesley Harsh: AAA -> MLB
    2B Michael Thornton: AAA -> MLB
    SS Ryan Payne: AAA -> MLB
    LF Diamond Joe Quimby: AAA -> MLB

MR David Hammers: AA -> AAA
    1B Alfredo Alva: AA -> AAA

MR Paul Thrash: A -> AA
    LF Alberto Armenta: A -> AA
    CF David Fulkerson: A -> AA

Position Changes
    1B Decepticon Devastator --> DH (MLB)
    RF Jillian The Bimbo --> CF (MLB)
    LF Diamond Joe Quimby --> RF (MLB)

LF Scott Donnelly --> 3B (AAA)
    SS Tricia Takanawa --> 2B (AAA)

1B Eladio Guerrero --> RF (AA)

CF Jerry Falbo --> RF (A)

Lineup vs RHP (changes in bold)
    1. Harris Ohman - 3B
    2. Philip Amon - 2B
    3. Decepticon Devastator - DH
    4. Antonio Lopez - 1B
    5. Castor Troy - C
    6. Werner Von Brawn - LF
    7. Diamond Joe Quimby - RF
    8. Ryan Payne - SS
    9. Jillian The Bimbo - CF

Lineup vs LHP (changes in bold)
    1. Harris Ohman - 3B
    2. Philip Amon - 2B
    3. Decepticon Devastator - DH
    4. Antonio Lopez - 1B
    5. Castor Troy - C
    6. Jillian The Bimbo - CF
    7. Diamond Joe Quimby - RF
    8. Ryan Payne - SS
    9. Werner Von Brawn - LF

please Auto depth charts

Rotation (5 man strict)
    1. Milhouse Van Houten
    2. Otomaro Amane
    3. Cobra Kai
    4. Anthony Drum
    5. Jeffery Trinh

Middle Relief
    1. Claudio Delapena
    2. Stanley Gonzales
    3. Robby Newhart Jr
    4. Frederick James

Setup
    1. Dylan Flannigan
    2. Allen Goddard

Closer
    1. Felix Aston

Auto minor league lineups and rotations (not the auto minors button)

MLB ERA

Re: League site and rules (Please read if you are new to the league/OOTP)

Slight alteration to the rule regarding trading draft picks.

If there are absolutely no players involved (ie, you trade two draft picks for a higher one) no scrubs are needed. I don't actually process the draft pick trading til draft day anyway so I only need the scrubs to move the involved players around.

MLB ERA

I updated the rules a bit to reflect the new trade rules.

I also added a rule regarding sending money in future seasons. Please read that.

The Dodgers and Yankees are not subject to that rule strictly because I made it after their deals but please keep your salaries under wraps so I don't have to cut corners to make things fair.

MLB ERA

New cash rule basically puts you on a self-imposed salary cap to insure you have the funds in the future, so keep that in mind when agreeing to send cash in future seasons.

I may run some test sims and tweak the rule a little but there's going to be some kind of imposed cap from now on if you want to send cash in the future. It's just a question of whether test sims show me whether or not it has to be right at your previous season's revenue.
    Last edited by HollywoodLeo; 01-29-2015 at 01:30 PM.

MLB ERA

I changed the verbiage on the Trade dynamics.

Nothing has changed in the process, but I annotated the ability for anyone to call a trade into question, not just TC members.

If you see a trade and think it requires further attention and you are not a part of the TC either PM me or post in the thread in question your concerns and I'll take it to the TC.

But please do not abuse this to be petty with other GMs. Only question it if you honestly think it's too lopsided.

I believe we have a good group of GMs here so I don't think that'll be a problem.

MLB ERA

Re: League site and rules <---- PLEASE read last post regarding trades.

I incorporated the player save and free agency compensation rules into the original post to keep things in one place.

MLB ERA

Re: League site and rules <---- NEW RULE POSTED 2/28/19

I added the following rule alongside the part about sending changes

New Rule (2/28/19): Going forward, if you're sending me manual changes I will ignore all minor league promotions and demotions sent in September.
    Minor league promotions and demotions in September are pointless because the minor league season is over during this sim.

Once importing/exporting is live (hopefully by the start of 2075) you can do all the pointless promotions/demotions you like in Septmeber, but if I'm the one doing the changes they do nothing but waste my time.

You can rearrange your minors as you please once more after the rollover.

Re: League site and rules

The league site and comp rules links don't function correctly (as of now).

2072 MSL Gold Glove Winner