Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: 2036 Free Agent Signing Period #1 (Days 1-10)

MLB ERA

Re: 2036 Free Agent Signing Period #1 (Days 1-10)

I have to say I agree with OM, Porter, and Leo's assessment of the situation. I am very disappointed in how this turned out. I am still not familiar with all the contractual aspects of OOTP so I didn't think it would turn out this way. I think some discussion about how to handle this to reduce the negative effects on the league as much as possible is in order.

I suppose one option might be to re-work the FA rules and I load my backup copy of the league and start FA over again. Just popped into my head as I was typing this, but it's all open for debate.
    Integrity can accommodate the inadvertent error and the honest difference of opinion; it cannot accommodate deceit or subordination of principle.

LeagueTeamRecordStandingDivision TitlesWild CardLDS WinsLCS WinsWS Wins
    MSLRangers27-111st2731772
    PSLJedi31-448th00000

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Providence A's View Post
    The game will automatically reduce them to MLCs or league minimums if they are up in the majors.
    And thats where I would take issue.
    2003 Hybrid World Champion (115-47 reg season, 11-4 playoffs)

TBL: Anaheim Angels 2006-present (238-244 regular season, 1 division title)
    MSL: St Louis Cardinals 2013-present (2734-2936 regular season, 5 division titles, 2 championships)
    TSSL: Seattle Mariners 2006-2029, Pittsburgh Pirates 2030-present (209-277, 5 division titles w/SEA, 1 championship w/SEA)

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by OrioleMagic View Post
    What a disappointment. Pitt raked 25 signings. I gotta take a deeper look at this. 15 Million for Earl Dail?!?!?!?!

I gotta crash. But I gotta say this first. I have deep respect for MoMo. I have great admiration for Sabu as he is one of the guys who taught me OOTP a couple years ago.

I think we really should have drafted all blue star FAs, by MoMo signing them to one year deals or MLCs after FA season. Or we should have deleted them. I don't so much mind losing a 26+ year old to blind bidding. I am bothered with losing Theron Pearson and others to contracts that undeveloped players should never get.

I personally think the way this FA period went down affected the parity of the league. I don't have a solution to offer... I hate to identify problems w/o solutions...

Good Night all.
    I think people are vasty upset by this, including myself, this is a clear angle shoot trying to load up on specs, to be honest I woulda gone higher had I known that their were no additional repercussions for doing so...

I think that something has to be done (or to be honest I don't know if people will wanna stay) this is my proposal

1) Pit has the option to keep the players but must pay them that salary ever year until arby (players can't take pay cuts in arby)

2) If he declines to, these players should be treated like International Players from Japan, teams have to blind bid a certain amount of money for the "right to negotiate with them", the winner of this fee, gets them at MLC's
    LeagueTeamDivision TitlesWild CardWS WinsYears as GM
    MSLSeattle0001

Seattle GM since July 2065
    Royals GM since January 2005

Oakland GM in MSL History
    3 Division Titles (4 Wild Card Berths) 1 World Series

RIP TBSL Los Angeles Angels 2012 WS Champs

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Molina00 View Post
    I have to say I agree with OM, Porter, and Leo's assessment of the situation. I am very disappointed in how this turned out. I am still not familiar with all the contractual aspects of OOTP so I didn't think it would turn out this way. I think some discussion about how to handle this to reduce the negative effects on the league as much as possible is in order.

I suppose one option might be to re-work the FA rules and I load my backup copy of the league and start FA over again. Just popped into my head as I was typing this, but it's all open for debate.
    I don't think that FA should re-done. Because the people that actually signed MLers are being penalized for PIT's actions and that isnt right.

MSL: St Louis Cardinals 2013-present (2734-2936 regular season, 5 division titles, 2 championships)
    TSSL: Seattle Mariners 2006-2029, Pittsburgh Pirates 2030-present (209-277, 5 division titles w/SEA, 1 championship w/SEA)

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by Porter99 View Post
    I don't think that FA should re-done. Because the people that actually signed MLers are being penalized for PIT's actions and that isnt right.
    Maybe redo and just reenter the "winning bid" of anyone over 26? Ill gladly give Cecil up to a redo but now everyone knows what the offers are for George, Garcia, etc and going to jack them up.
    HollywoodLeo: You and Kingdom always annoy me
    "Oh, don't mind me, I'm rebuilding now" then you win at least 80 games

RIP S3SL Minnesota Twins.

RIP HSL Anaheim Angels

Rebuilding the Dodger Blues
    Renewed Start back in the land of 10,000 lakes

MLB ERA

I'd be fine with cutting all the prospects, even those signed to reasonable contracts (because it's fair), and either putting back to the contraction draft pool or just deleting them.
    LeagueTeamyearsRecordWild CardDivisionPennantsTitles
    MSLSan Diego Padres2034-20592,217-1,9951631
    TBLArizona Diamondbacks2005-20181,216-1,0531963
    TSSLSan Diego Padres2015-2021, 2024-20281,017-9280732
    TSSLTexas Rangers2029-2033396-4140000

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by Slyder View Post
    Maybe redo and just reenter the "winning bid" of anyone over 26? Ill gladly give Cecil up to a redo but now everyone knows what the offers are for George, Garcia, etc and going to jack them up.
    I agree with this if we're going to outright redo round 1.

No bids. Just reinput all the winning bids.
    LeagueTeamyearsRecordWild CardDivisionPennantsTitles
    MSLSan Diego Padres2034-20592,217-1,9951631
    TBLArizona Diamondbacks2005-20181,216-1,0531963
    TSSLSan Diego Padres2015-2021, 2024-20281,017-9280732
    TSSLTexas Rangers2029-2033396-4140000

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by cjkalt View Post
    I think people are vasty upset by this, including myself, this is a clear angle shoot trying to load up on specs, to be honest I woulda gone higher had I known that their were no additional repercussions for doing so...

I think that something has to be done (or to be honest I don't know if people will wanna stay) this is my proposal

1) Pit has the option to keep the players but must pay them that salary ever year until arby (players can't take pay cuts in arby)

2) If he declines to, these players should be treated like International Players from Japan, teams have to blind bid a certain amount of money for the "right to negotiate with them", the winner of this fee, gets them at MLC's
    Anything we do now is going to require Molina to do a lot of work. I would propose maybe "rebidding" with those players that signed this time over 26 (non prospects) be reoffered by that team and "forced" back there. Setting further restrictions on the prospects like others have mentioned that they will be forced to be paid that amount until arby.

RIP HSL Anaheim Angels

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cjkalt View Post

to bounce off CJ's idea #2. It should be done after FA. and via PM then have the scrap signings after that period. So basically no one under the age of 25 can be signed during the rest of FA.

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by Porter99 View Post
    to bounce off CJ's idea #2. It should be done after FA. and via PM then have the scrap signings after that period. So basically no one under the age of 25 can be signed during the rest of FA.
    I liked the intrigue and strategy involved with having all those prospects involved. I would propose maybe a limit of a certain amount of total $$$ that you can spend or set a number for non MLC prospects you could offer.

RIP HSL Anaheim Angels

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

I'm just going to say this turned out horribly, and considering the influx of new GMs and what not, really off-putting. I expected things to be insane with the number of players in free agency combined with the number of active GMs, but this is really obscene. I realize a lot of us are going to go after prospects, but to hand out contracts like that for ..mostly not even top notch prospects is A) complete bull shit B) abusing the system and C) zero % fun.

I figured joining this league, since I was not able to stay around back when it was on OM's site due to things being hectic and what not, would be great and I embrace the idea of rebuilding a really bad team, but I will not bother if this is how it's going to be. I don't have any solutions other than I think I agree with OM and things should have been dispersed after the 1st round of the contraction draft... at least the blue stars as OM said, and left the veterans like Bryant, George, etc to be free game. I really think that's the only way to go, but if not, whatever.
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

Destined to mediocrity
    MLB ERA

I can't believe I am up and posting. I just had to check the forum on my blackberry while I was lying there trying to crash. LOL

MoMo, I think the best solution is to leave the game file as is. Bite the bullet as the Commish and release all blue star FA signings from period #1 back into the pool. Finish FA with ONLY Gold Star players being eligible. This should leave you a long list of blue star players after you finish all 30 days of FA season, and sign the players selected in the contraction draft. If you sort by stars in the FA screen and have a sheet of paper with the contraction draft list... you can go down the list selecting the team and then sort the stars and sign the top blue star player and then change to the next team.... If you are in a kindly mood, for the first 24 picks, you can skip any high endurance MRs just to take care of the GMs. I don't think there are more than 24 4.5-5.0 prospects left, so it should go quick. After one 24 pick round, I don't think you should even have to look at the players, just take the top guy and select the next team. A few of the top prospects will demand a major league contract... so be it. thats the luck of the draw and that major league contract should revert back after one year, so we can call it the price of getting lucky enough to get a guy who thinks he's good enough for 500k.

This is what I did with my contraction and I don't remember ever even discussing it much. I did it all the way down until 2.5 star specs or less were left and I just left the rest there for the first guy to ask for them. A couple GMs did.

I don't think anyone would challenge the fairness of this as all MLB FA signings stand as they are, and all prospects are divided about as evenly as is possible.

Destined to mediocrity
    MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom_of_Zito View Post
    I'm just going to say this turned out horribly, and considering the influx of new GMs and what not, really off-putting. I expected things to be insane with the number of players in free agency combined with the number of active GMs, but this is really obscene. I realize a lot of us are going to go after prospects, but to hand out contracts like that for ..mostly not even top notch prospects is A) complete bull shit B) abusing the system and C) zero % fun.

I figured joining this league, since I was not able to stay around back when it was on OM's site due to things being hectic and what not, would be great and I embrace the idea of rebuilding a really bad team, but I will not bother if this is how it's going to be. I don't have any solutions other than I think I agree with OM and things should have been dispersed after the 1st round of the contraction draft... at least the blue stars as OM said, and left the veterans like Bryant, George, etc to be free game. I really think that's the only way to go, but if not, whatever.
    Hang on and give MoMo a little time. He is an Ace!

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by OrioleMagic View Post
    Hang on and give MoMo a little time. He is an Ace!
    Oh I'm not gone, I just had to voice my concern. I really don't mind the massive contracts for George and what not, I think you and I have discussed this before, we fully expected that. And I really want to stay in this league since I'm leaving S3SL.
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Leaving S3SL? Why is that?

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast