Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: 2044 Amateur Draft Thread

MLB ERA

Re: 2044 Amateur Draft Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Hangman View Post
    Uhm....totally fucking over the Mets. That ain't right. Dude trades for what he thought was the 9th pick ends up being the 11th cause he can't make it online right away.

Just my opinion.
    How is it any different than Mission suddenly getting his spot back once we found out he was still interested in keeping his team?

That's how Molina has always handled the draft when it comes to open teams being skipped until a new GM comes in. When I took the Padres they had the 1st overall but were skipped. I came in mid-draft and was able to pick right away.

And if you think about it you're screwing someone over no matter what. The Yankees had the 5th overall pick. Should a new Yankees GM be punished with the last pick of the 1st round just because he wasn't quick enough to take the team before the draft was opened?

Damned if you do, Damned if you dont

But it's Molina's call, so whatever he does. I was just helping Mach out in case Molina decides to go that way.
    LeagueTeamyearsRecordWild CardDivisionPennantsTitles
    MSLSan Diego Padres2034-20592,217-1,9951631
    TBLArizona Diamondbacks2005-20181,216-1,0531963
    TSSLSan Diego Padres2015-2021, 2024-20281,017-9280732
    TSSLTexas Rangers2029-2033396-4140000

Rookie ERA

Quote Originally Posted by HollywoodLeo View Post
    How is it any different than Mission suddenly getting his spot back once we found out he was still interested in keeping his team?

That's how Molina has always handled the draft when it comes to open teams being skipped until a new GM comes in. When I took the Padres they had the 1st overall but were skipped. I came in mid-draft and was able to pick right away.

But it's Molina's call, so whatever he does. I was just helping Mach out in case Molina decides to go that way.
    I don't think Mission getting his pick is fair either. Honestly should have waited for the Mets to make their pick THEN give the new GM's their pick. Seems a little underhanded to take someones pick from them when they're on the clock. Why not just give a new GM the next pick?

MLB ERA

I actually don't think open teams should be skipped in the first place, but that's just me.

I can certainly understand the plight from the Mets' GM's perspective, but at the same time, it would kind of suck to take over a team and be slighted with the last pick just because you didn't have good timing.

I guess giving him the next pick could be a good compromise.

Rookie ERA

I actually don't think open teams should be skipped in the first place, but that's just me.
    Couldn't agree more

I can certainly understand the plight from the Mets' GM's perspective, but at the same time, it would kind of suck to take over a team and be slighted with the last pick just because you didn't have good timing.

I guess giving him the next pick could be a good compromise.
    ^THIS. Seems unfair for the A's/Reds/Orioles/Indians to keep their picks just because they lucked out on the timing. ESPECIALLY cause it happened twice on the same pick.

Rookie ERA

I"m not trying to starting drama. Just saying if I traded for what I thought was the 9th pick only to come back a day later and have it turned into the 11th pick while 4 other teams "moved up" those two spots, I'd be pissed.

MLB ERA

Yeah, I get it. But the issue is also there for the new GM of the crummy team that was rightfully in the top of the draft if he had to wait til the end just because of the timing when he joined.

The situation is what it is. I think simply because of the trade value aspect of it I'd do the compromise of letting the Mets have this pick then putting the Yankees on the clock, but it's Molina's call in the end.

Destined to mediocrity
    MLB ERA

Skipping the open teams can be a nice benefit to active GMs. The way to compensate for it is to not allow a new GM to take over the team until after the draft. The Commish then enhances the team to make it exciting and workable for the new GM. The BALCO Lab has it's proper place in OOTP.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

I think the mets should be on the clock. Yankees will still get a good prospect and ultimately it doesn't matter a whole lot considering they initially had #5.

So, I would say either let it ride as it is, I don't know how many teams are or were skipped but if there are more than one, the Yankees can pick first from that group. If you really want to get technical, who ever the Yankees get, Molina could boost that player to a talent level that would have made sense at #5, their original slot. That way, it doesn't effect who the mets can draft right now at 11th.

Doesn't have to be complicated really.
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

MLB ERA

If the Mets guy shows up he can have his pick and the Yankees can pick after him.
    Integrity can accommodate the inadvertent error and the honest difference of opinion; it cannot accommodate deceit or subordination of principle.

LeagueTeamRecordStandingDivision TitlesWild CardLDS WinsLCS WinsWS Wins
    MSLRangers27-111st2731772
    PSLJedi31-448th00000

Machiavelli is taking the Yankees but cannot post yet due to previously having his access to these sim forums taken away (by request).

Assuming Molina puts the Yankees back on the clock now that they have a GM he told me via PM that he wants to take SP Bert Blyleven.

He can conform once he has access restored.
    Conform, no. Confirm, yes.

Whatever you guys decide is fine. The team is flaming shit currently, and it'll take a bit to build back up no matter what. I could have jumped on the invite quicker to be fair.

2072 MSL Gold Glove Winner

Rookie ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Molina00 View Post
    If the Mets guy shows up he can have his pick and the Yankees can pick after him.
    Classic Molina problem fixing. Everyone else posts page long solutions. Molina does it in one sentence.

holy crap batman. lol at least you guys are involved.

Mets will take Blyleven

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA

I just want to pick before I go away on Tuesday. Let's keep it moving.

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by Hangman View Post
    Classic Molina problem fixing. Everyone else posts page long solutions. Molina does it in one sentence.
    I used to be more of a page long solution guy years ago. Now I'm old, tired, and ain't got much more than a sentence left in me.

Yankees are up.
    Integrity can accommodate the inadvertent error and the honest difference of opinion; it cannot accommodate deceit or subordination of principle.

PSLJedi31-448th00000

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by Providence A's View Post
    I just want to pick before I go away on Tuesday. Let's keep it moving.
    OM will be quick. Just depends on whether or not Shadow logs on.
    You could send me a short-list and I'll give you whoever is left from it.

PSLJedi31-448th00000

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast