Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: OOTP Etiquette

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Re: OOTP Etiquette

Quote Originally Posted by BuckFoston View Post
    So, I am obviously a lot less experienced and knowledgeable than most of you but here's my two cents on topic number 1.

Yes, always respond to a PM, always. With that, I think it's important to remember that we are all adults with jobs, wives/girlfriends/significant others, some of us coach, friends, family, etc, whatever the case may be, that take away our attention and sometimes makes it so we can't respond to a PM immediately. Just as a general rule for myself, I always try to respond to a PM as quick as I can and at the most, 24 hours because I know a lot of times, trades can be time sensitive. There are times that GM's are in negotiations with other GM's or it's holding the draft up or whatever, and need to hear your response ASAP. With that being said though, if you do take a little while to respond, just simply say something that helps us understand why it took so long to hear from you like "hey, sorry, have been at work all day" or something a long those lines.

I know this may seem petty and insignificant but it really goes a long way if I know you weren't just blowing me off. I don't know, maybe I'm the only one who feels this way but I always try my best to respond quickly and if I don't respond quickly, I almost always try to communicate why I wasn't able to.
    I think we are really talking about the people that never respond period. I don't think OM is meaning anyone that responds an hour later, half a day later, a day later....but like the people that respond a week later, or maybe never. Still waiting on Texas to respond, that's been like a week or so. I'm not hanging on that offer, I don't even care if he's not interested. And good luck getting a Shadow response
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

Rookie ERA

Goodness. Guess who just got back today. Them wild-eyed boys that'd been away.

The Boys are back in town... and if the boys wanna fight you better let 'em.

I still think those cats are crazy.

Waiting on Shisno or Mach for all my videos.

I have missed a couple (sorry uc) ... I think I looked over and forgot to respond but it wasn't on purpose.
    I have not responded at all in another league... I would fight that GM if I saw him in person.
    MSL Athletics GM- 2065+

HOFF Athletics GM- 1978+
    VAV Phillies GM- 1985+

VAV Hornets GM- 1993/94+
    (95/96 Champions)

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

So with proper etiquette, who else runs into this problem of lack of response? I know several of you are in multiple leagues, does that exist in those leagues? And if not, do you think something that league does curbs that problem?
    Ted

MLB ERA

I moved everything to the TV show discussion thread since it was mostly about that.

Thread back on topic
    LeagueTeamyearsRecordWild CardDivisionPennantsTitles
    MSLSan Diego Padres2034-20592,217-1,9951631
    TBLArizona Diamondbacks2005-20181,216-1,0531963
    TSSLSan Diego Padres2015-2021, 2024-20281,017-9280732
    TSSLTexas Rangers2029-2033396-4140000

Hall of Famer
    Rookie ERA

I forget to respond, I get busy.

I don't trade a lot, mainly it's a current 1st for a future 1st.

I don't take a lot of players that are currently on someone's team.

I'm too lazy to counter, or really look at the assets of another team and clearly don't value players the same way.

Destined to mediocrity
    MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by schisno View Post
    I forget to respond, I get busy.

I don't trade a lot, mainly it's a current 1st for a future 1st.

I don't take a lot of players that are currently on someone's team.

I'm too lazy to counter, or really look at the assets of another team and clearly don't value players the same way.
    Let me see... Four, "I" statements.. Another millenial?

Hall of Famer
    Rookie ERA

Quote Originally Posted by OrioleMagic View Post
    Let me see... Four, "I" statements.. Another millenial?
    One in a respectable career, and has an ability to afford a house, car ect...

Destined to mediocrity
    MLB ERA

One in a respectable career, and has an ability to afford a house, car ect...
    Touche' Mostly just a joke. I am trying to get certain GMs to respect the game a little more. To enjoy the game to it's fullest so they don't diminish the game for the other GMs.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

too late
    Ted

Hall of Famer
    Rookie ERA

Quote Originally Posted by OrioleMagic View Post
    Touche' Mostly just a joke. I am trying to get certain GMs to respect the game a little more. To enjoy the game to it's fullest so they don't diminish the game for the other GMs.
    Maybe they enjoy to their fullest extent. Not everyone plays it the same way.

MLB ERA

Maybe they enjoy to their fullest extent. Not everyone plays it the same way.
    There's a lot of truth to this and we can have a conversation in regards to what direction some GM's like to take their team compared to others.

But the subjects in this thread have less to do with that and more to do with how to interact with other GM's.

While there's certainly a lot of leeway that should be given since we all have real lives I do agree it's common courtesy to at least reply to PM's as much as reasonably possible.

It's like someone coming up to you and saying hello and you just ignore them and keep walking. Or at least that's what it kind of comes off like.

Hall of Famer
    Rookie ERA

Quote Originally Posted by HollywoodLeo View Post
    There's a lot of truth to this and we can have a conversation in regards to what direction some GM's like to take their team compared to others.

But the subjects in this thread have less to do with that and more to do with how to interact with other GM's.

While there's certainly a lot of leeway that should be given since we all have real lives I do agree it's common courtesy to at least reply to PM's as much as reasonably possible.

It's like someone coming up to you and saying hello and you just ignore them and keep walking. Or at least that's what it kind of comes off like.
    Well some times you don't see the hello, so they need to repeat themselves until you hear it.

A lot of it sounds like some GMs want others to play exactly they do and go in depth with trading and such, but not everyone will so that doesn't put much emphasis on replying to a PM, or right away. I personally forget to, then other times just know it's going to go nowhere so might not respond, especially with GMs I have never made a deal with. I guess it depends on the relationship as well, there are a lot of non-existent one between GMs.

Bench Warmer
    Rookie ERA

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom View Post
    that's 2 minutes that coulda been used for simming...11:57 CST instead of 11:59. priorities are lacking man
    I endorse this

MLB ERA

Well some times you don't see the hello, so they need to repeat themselves until you hear it.

A lot of it sounds like some GMs want others to play exactly they do and go in depth with trading and such, but not everyone will so that doesn't put much emphasis on replying to a PM, or right away. I personally forget to, then other times just know it's going to go nowhere so might not respond, especially with GMs I have never made a deal with. I guess it depends on the relationship as well, there are a lot of non-existent one between GMs.
    In other conversations on this over arching topic I can see how that vibe is gained, but in this particular topic not quite as much.

I can apply much of the discussion in here to just about anything that involves multiple people working or playing together.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cbenoit108 View Post
    I endorse this
    I'm making sims great again.
    Ted

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast