Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MSL Mock Draft....what if...

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Thumbs Up MSL Mock Draft....what if...

...what if the draft class was us? And what if it was a loaded beyond belief class, where everyone scored a top notch prospect? WHAT IF! So to find out how it would play out, I give you this insane mock draft.

- Note that I am going by this year's draft order, first round only
    - Millions of years ago, they used to have GMs in MSL. Some are even Hall of Famers.
    - I know there's not 28 of us in the league, so, stay tuned for surprises..

1. Pittsburgh Pirates, CF Erik "The Whammer" Hammer, Georgia Tech
    Player Analysis: Bares skillset akin to Andrew McCutchen mixed with Josh Hamilton, including Hamilton's precarious early career troubles. Hammer is a toolsy player, has not baseball skill weakness and could easily be a future MVP and gold glove OF. Has plus contact and power potential, deadly arm, and ability to anchor a lineup. Weakness off the field, though, is gambling. OOTP Ratings: 10-10-10-8-8, 9-9-9 stealing, 9 range and 10 arm.

2. Houston Astros, SP O'Rayool "Black" Magic, Maryland
    Player Analysis: Uses very deceptive pitches and precision control to make up for lack of a power arm. Arm seemingly never tires, extreme work horse, throws about 12 different pitches including a knuckle hybrid known as the "Om Om Om". Player comp- righty version of Tom Glavine. OOTP Ratings: 8-10-10, 10 endurance, 70% GB

3. Texas Rangers, 3B Prez "Wheres My Car" Wilco, Ohio State University
    Player Analysis: Texas drafting light tower power, probably the strongest hitter in the draft. Not one dimensional, has extraordinary plate discipline and range to be a future gold glover. Compares favorably to a Michael Jack Schmidt. OOTP Ratings: 8-10-10-10-8, 10 range, 8 arm

4. Milwaukee Brewers, C John "The Justice" Providence, Rhode Island
    Player Analysis: Rare 5 tool catcher, possessing the ability to convert to other positions if needed. Great awareness at the plate, rarely strikes out, plus defender and likely a plus defender at other positions too. Falls to 4 because of agent and perceived strong arrogance. Oh hey, remember when PA fired NYGiantsfan in TSSL?.. Player comp- Buster Posey/Craig Biggio hybrid. OOTP Ratings: 9-10-8-9-9, 8-8-8 stealing, 10 range at C, 2B, LF. 8 arm everywhere.

5. San Francisco Giants, SP David "General" Zodious, Ohio State University
    Player Analysis: Zodious represents the greatest potential but also greatest risk. Has episodes of extreme wildness, almost Rick Ankiel-like. Trips 100 mph on the radar, has wipe out curve, and is equipped with a slick pick off move. Lefty could be the prize of the draft. Player comp- Dwight Gooden. OOTP Ratings: 10-8-9, 100mph+, 10 endurance

6. Atlanta Braves, CF Schisno P. Chen-hui, Buffalo University
    Schisno is easily the fastest position player in the draft. Has enough power to be dangerous, possibly 15-20 homeruns a year. Defense is sometimes an adventure and may project more as a left fielder if things are not reigned in. Is very Tim Raines-ish. OOTP Ratings: 10-10-6-9-9, 10-10-10 stealing (10+ speed), 7 range, 5 arm

7. San Francisco Giants (From Arizona), SP Reid "Mission of Submission" Hockey, University of Dayton
    Pitcher that represents the best of both pitchers ahead of him but does not excel in any one area. Has good control and a solid fastball, touching 94. Mixes pitches well. Scouts also fell in love with great leadership abilities. Compares favorably to John Smoltz. OOTP Ratings: 9-9-9, 10 endurance, 93-96mph

8. Montreal Expos (From Yankees), 1B/C Leonardo "Hollywood Ego" Palmer, The Naval Academy
    Player Analysis: Projects as a very good, complete offensive player. Power and contact abilities project as all-star caliber. Struggles on defense and did not nail down a position in college, playing significant time at 4 different positions (outfield included). Just needs to be acceptable defensively to be a star. Compares to: David Ortiz, OOTP Ratings: 9-9-9-9-9, 4 range at 1B, RF, C, LF. 6 arm.

9. Seattle Mariners, 1B James "The Greek Geek" Machiavelli, University of California
    Player Analysis: Has potential to be a one of the better hitters in the league and one of the best 1Bs period. Good balance offensively and also excels defensively. Falls considerably due to history of injuries and extreme cold streaks where he disappears completely. Flashes ability to be the next Albert Pujols. OOTP Ratings: 8-8-10-10-10, 10 range, 7 arm

10. Cincinnati Reds, 2B Ray "From Philly" Phan, Villanova
    Player Analysis: Volatile swing, perhaps even violent. Generates tremendous power. Very athletic but has not been able to use athleticism to be consistent at 2B. High contact hitter but has zero patience at the plate and is allergic to walking. Compares to a young Alfonso Soriano. OOTP Ratings: 9-7-10-6-6, 9-9-9 stealing, 6 range, 8 arm

11. Philadelphia Phillies, 2B Johnny "Baseball" Deez, University of Georgia
    Very boring in comparison to Phan at 2B. Holds his own at the position very well, very patient at the plate, but is also a skilled hitter. Does not have the same kind of ceiling as his competition but also is a much safer draft pick. Compares to Joe Morgan. OOTP Ratings: 8-10-8-10-8, 8 range and 8 arm

12. Minnesota Twins, SP Wilton J. Witlon, Ohio State University (let's just say they had a great year..)
    Late bloomer in college, didn't have any hype coming out of high school and slipped under the radar and initially walked on. Wowed with amazing numbers every year, including having a great walk to strikeout ratio. Only perceived weakness is that he's prone to giving up homeruns. Player comp- Corey Kluber. OOTP Ratings: 10-10-7, 8 endurance, 91-94mph

13. Cleveland Indians, RF Brad "The Bartender" Bastard, Iowa State University
    Initially known for outstanding defensive ability. Great range, and arm, and possesses ability to play centerfield as well. Developed overtime into a good power hitter, although contact and discipline wanes. Has shown the ability to develop and may still develop further into an offensive weapon. Compares to- Alex Gordon, OOTP Ratings: 7-10-10-7-7, 10 range, 10 arm in all 3 OF

14. New York Yankees (From Colorado), SS Lee "Joe Montana" Porter, University of Washington
    Falls due to agent. Porter is viewed as one of the better middle infield prospects due to his ability to field very well and handle his own with the bat. Earned the nickname as a freshman due to incredible throwing arm. Does not have a great deal of power but is fully aware and puts complete effort into just getting on base. Compares to Barry Larkin. OOTP Ratings: 9-8-5-10-7, 9 range, 10 arm

15. Chicago White Sox, C Jeff "Dawgmah" Haff, University of Pittsburgh (Pitt)
    Strong armed catcher that has become a very good game manager in college. Will be drafted highly due to leadership ability behind the plate. Has also developed pretty good power to all fields but is still a work in progress with the bat. Compares to Mike Zunino. OOTP Ratings: 8-9-9-7-7, 8 range, 10 arm (plus 10)

16. Boston Red Sox, 3B/SS Louie "LJ" Orange, Syracuse University
    Good mix of offensive and defensive abilities. Range has never been in doubt, but can be a bit wild at times due insanely strong arm. Demonstrates pretty good power and good enough discipline, but offense is still a work in progress. Should be an immediate contributer with his glove at either third or short. Player comp- Manny Machado, OOTP Ratings: 8-10-9-8-8, 10 range, 10 arm (plus 10)

17. Anaheim Angels, 3B Cory "The Kingdom" Cas, University of Cincinnati
    Very complete third baseman, handles the bat well and has a high on base ability. Has demonstrated improved power over time. Defensively, very good arm, feet, and range. Stands a tick below Wilco as a 3B prospect in every aspect except speed, has good instincts on the bases and has proven to be a weapon when on base. Compares to David Wright. 9-9-7-10-7, 9-9-9 stealing, 8 range, 8 arm

18. Boston Red Sox (From Toronto), CF Nick Mitchell, originally University of Illinois
    Falls in the draft due to being suspended and subsequently kicked off baseball team due to drug use. Has been out of baseball for a year rehabbing. Real strong mix of skills, including contact ability and speed. Projects as an elite leadoff hitter. Defensively, good enough in center but might be an elite right fielder given strong and accurate arm. Compares to Ichiro. OOTP Ratings: 9-9-9-7-9, 8-8-8 stealing, 10 range, 7 arm

19. Montreal Expos, 1B Rheinhardt "The Fin" Uc, University of Central Florida
    Came from Germany to America to attend Central Florida. Turns out he's a tremendous athlete but super raw. May possible be a 5 tool guy but due to being so fresh, can be erratic everywhere. Displays great power and ability to move around at first. Is likely athletic and skilled enough to be a LF or RF if consistency in understanding the game improves. Compares to: Yasiel Puig, OOTP Ratings: 9-7-9-9-9, 7-7-7 stealing, 9 range, 6 arm

20. Montreal Expos (From St Louis), CL Steve "The Mad Sheep" Stevenson, University of Pittsburgh (Pitt)
    Versatile pitcher, started at times in college but also proved to be an electrifying closer. Projects more as a closer due to ability to reach 99 with ease and have the sweeping curve wipe out hitters. Fast ball as a starter only averages 94 and is prone to command issues in later innings. Should project as a top tier lefty closer. Compares to: David Robertson, OOTP Ratings: 10-10-10, 5 endurance, 98-100mph

21. Oakland A's, 2B Kyle "Bonns of Steel" Ny, Syracuse University
    Very durable, never missed a start in 4 years at college. Strong plate discipline but contact ability is inconsistent. Good arm at 2B and has ability to be a top notch defensive infielder. Does not excel in any specific area but also does not have any glaring weaknesses. Compares to: Brett Boone, OOTP Ratings: 7-7-8-10-10, 6-6-6 stealing, 8 range, 7 arm

22. Chicago Cubs (From Los Angeles), OF Zach "Zeppelin" DuMabb, University of Iowa
    Probably would go higher if he hasn't been so poor in the outfield, which is still a mystery due to his athletic ability. Plus power and plus speed make him a dangerous commodity but has struggled to find a position and may ultimately have to be a DH due to inability to field or understand the simple aspects of an outfielder. Player comp- Jose Canseco. OOTP Ratings: 7-10-10-8-7, 7-9-9 stealing, 3 range, 4 arm

23. New York Yankees (From San Diego), SP William "Cheapskate" Slyder, University of Cincinnati
    Has impressive control of pitches. Relies on deadly sinker and coincidentally, his slider. Allowed only 2 homeruns in his two years of college ball. Can touch 95-96 consistently but fastball is not the strikeout pitch and is often used the least. Compares to: Young Brandon Webb. OOTP Ratings: 6-9-10, 93-96 mph, 10 endurance

24. Baltimore Orioles, SP Pablo Petey Shadowescubarre, Canada
    Not an established college star and only has been seen by scouts at workouts. Scouts agree that he has a live arm and did not show many control problems, however, it's entirely unknown if he's a starter or a reliever/closer type due to lack of significant information. Radar reached 102mph. Compares to Aroldis Chapman. OOTP Ratings: 10-8-10, 3 endurance, 100+mph

25. Detroit Tigers, 1B Doug "Epic Damn" Dean, University of Southern Cal
    Shows off elite power and ability to draw walks. His bat has never been in question. Commitment and work ethic knocks him down the draft a bit. Due to this, potential is unclear and defense has not been pretty thus far. Despite these concerns, is considered an extremely likable teammate. Compares to Prince Fielder. OOTP Ratings: 7-6-10-10-6, 1-1-1 stealing, 5 range, 2 arm

26. Chicago Cubs, SP Jacob Cristoph "The Biscuit Dealer" Durst, University of Miami Fla
    Dominates with curve ball. Despite size and skill, averages 91-92mph on fastball. Curve is the strikeout pitch. Also utilizes solid slider and change up to keep hitters off balance. May not be an exciting prospect, but should make a quick ascent to the majors, sooner than most in the draft. Earned nickname by being a part time baker at a Deli. Compares to Barry Zito. OOTP Ratings: 7-8-10, 10 endurance, 89-92mph

27. New York Yankees (From Mets), C Shaun "The Predator" Prynce, Oakland University
    Falls due to being an older college star and is not technically a prospect due to age. But skills are advanced to the point that he could be in the majors soon after being drafted. Good defensive skills behind the plate but is also very good with the bat. Makes a lot of contact and seems to have a great ability to recognize pitches, thus is not prone to striking out. Player comp- Yadier Molina. OOTP Ratings: 7-9-7-7-10, 8 range, 10 arm

28. Kansas City Royals, CF Chris "The Bicycle" Foster, Buffalo University
    You're taking a flier on him putting the puzzle together on offense. Defensively, he has an endless motor, great speed, and is a vacuum in the outfield. Also is a tremendous asset on the bases, having only been caught once in his soph and junior years. Bat has been an adventure, but is a younger than norm college prospect so he may still develop consistency. Compares to a centerfield version of Andrelton Simmons. OOTP Ratings: 7-8-7-8-7, 10-10-10 stealing, 10 range, 10 arm
    Last edited by Kingdom; 12-13-2014 at 01:19 AM.
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Re: MSL Mock Draft....what if...

I'll update this later with what I would rate everyone's potential.
    Ted

Destined to mediocrity
    MLB ERA

Thanks for the laugh!!!

Hall of Famer
    Rookie ERA

sweet deal, close to being a top 5 pick.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by schisno View Post
    sweet deal, close to being a top 5 pick.
    Raiders might draft you too.

I updated everything with ratings...and...college. High schoolers?
    Ted

6. Atlanta Braves, CF Schisno P. Chen-hui, Buffalo University

2072 MSL Gold Glove Winner

Prynce, Oakland University

2072 MSL Gold Glove Winner

Going For It

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Buffalo? Just because it's close to Canada, right?

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

You and Schisno were a package deal apparently
    Ted

Hall of Famer
    Rookie ERA

so my online course at UNLV doesn't count?

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

I think Buffalo recognized the course you took in Knitting
    Ted

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

My agent is fired
    2003 Hybrid World Champion (115-47 reg season, 11-4 playoffs)

TBL: Anaheim Angels 2006-present (238-244 regular season, 1 division title)
    MSL: St Louis Cardinals 2013-present (2734-2936 regular season, 5 division titles, 2 championships)
    TSSL: Seattle Mariners 2006-2029, Pittsburgh Pirates 2030-present (209-277, 5 division titles w/SEA, 1 championship w/SEA)

Originally Sane
    Rookie ERA

University of Georgia? I feel a need to punch myself.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

I thought you were from Georgia?
    Ted

Originally Sane
    Rookie ERA

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom View Post
    I thought you were from Georgia?
    Nope. From Miami. Also, and quite possible more importantly, Roll Tide!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast