Thread: Kingdom Law's 2053 Free Agent Report

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Kingdom Law's 2053 Free Agent Report

This season seems to offer more, including potentially game changing veterans and more overall depth. Know what that means? More bad contract. Tuuuuuuurble contract. But also a chance for anyone to get over the top or potentially challenge Baltimore and Cincinnati. Last year was rather boring. I don't think it'll be so boring this season. This time. We go from ten to número uno on the power rankings.

10. SP Dean Chance
    You're always chasing potential with him. He lives up to the last name. But most of crashed and burned taking a chance on him, me included. He's been in less than ideal hitting parks. He's been surrounded by elite talent. He's had great defense. Nothing has yet to click even though the ratings have always been there. His lack of control has never been offset
    What he should get: no more than 6 mill, he doesn't perform..ever
    What he'll likely get: very similar to Nolan Ryan, just older, good chance he gets something around 4-5 years, 9-10 million

9. 3B Ron Santo
    He's solid. That's what you get. He's consistent, he has some pop, and he can handle the hot corner well. He's never been or going to be a stud but he's proven to be a valuable cog on great teams in the past (7 rings, can we say he's Robert Horry of baseball?). He fits in of you have a need at 3B or DH.
    What he should get: quite honestly his last deal was perfect, 6 mill for 3 years, go for similar vibes
    What he'll likely get: see Earl Averill in 2049

8. IF/OF Stan Musial
    He's always been a very solid player, offering most everything you need with the bat and flexibility to several positions well. He is coming off his worst season and is on the downside of his career but he has room to get back to near his old ways.
    What he should get: 2 years 7 mill per
    What he'll likely get: too many years

7. SP Hideki Irabu
    So I think hammer or Mach should sign him. That's about all I want to say. I humbly request Kei Igawa next season to be imported.
    What he should get: 10-6-8 is common and often hard to predict. 6-7 mill for 4-5 years
    What he'll likely get: see Dice-K

6. OF Ruben Rivera
    His age alone should push him ahead of Averill HOWEVER I have no idea how he is going to produce. He has defense and power, but worse discipline than Averill. He has speed but the worst instincts ever. So he will run into a lot of outs? He'll get caught stealing Jeter's panties again? Hard to say.
    What he should get: 8-9 mill, 3-4 years
    What he'll likely get: a pretty douche-y contract

5. OF Earl Averill
    Earl has been a solid and productive part. But he's coming off a pretty terrible contract and it's likely that's not going to change as he has maxed out his ratings since. He provides power and that's the most significant aspect of his game. He manages in center and can make enough contact but has limited on base appeal.
    What he should get: 6-7 million per
    What he'll likely get: 10+

4. C Johnny Bench
    There's two things that make him stand out that also makes him golden. He hits for power and he's young. And then you throw in the fact that he's a weapon on defense. The good base stealers in this league are really good at that, having a gun to chase them down adds to the intrigue.
    What he should get: 3-4 years, 10 million (remember, he's above talent)
    What he'll likely get: a contract that makes him the highest paid catcher by a thousand miles

3. SP Jim Kaat
    Kaat is under 30 with good looking ratings. He's also gone downhill since 2049 and is maddeningly inconsistent. He's been on a pretty bad team that's largely neglected so he's never had much around him, perhaps many of the components that helped the #2 ranked guy excel.
    What he should get: based on mediocre to average numbers, 3 years, 7-8 million
    What he'll likely get: in danger of a 15-20 mill per deal, we've seen worse rated players get nasty deals

2. SP Paul Trout
    There are things about Trout that are hard to ignore and why I slotted him just ahead of Jim Kaat: slightly better consistency, doesn't give up homeruns (just look at his numbers playing in Coors), and this league routinely proves that high movement and high stuff but low control pitchers succeed. But buyer beware. You have to consider that Trout was on a great team that featured a top offense, the best closer in the league, and perhaps the best infield defense in the league. That helps offset 100 plus walks. Trout will be hard pressed to repeat his Cy Young season
    What he should get: 3 years, 10-12 per
    What he'll likely get: a pretty absurd 4-5 year deal

1. 1B Lou Gehrig
    Number one comes with the top risk. Gehrig is 35. At this point, he has shown no sign of decline. So with that in mind, you get an impact bat, either a 3 or 4 in a lineup. That's why he's number one. If his ratings hold up, he's a safe bet and could challenge for MVP. It's not out of the question for him to survive a few years either.
    What he should get: 2 years, 10-15 million range
    What he'll likely get: more than 3 years or a max contract dollar figure

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Re: Kingdom Law's 2053 Free Agent Report

Nailed Rivera, Santo, Chance....off by ten million on Musical lol

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Really off on Trout. That's gotta be a huge shocking deal period

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

You were a million off on Bench.
    2003 Hybrid World Champion (115-47 reg season, 11-4 playoffs)

TBL: Anaheim Angels 2006-present (238-244 regular season, 1 division title)
    MSL: St Louis Cardinals 2013-present (2734-2936 regular season, 5 division titles, 2 championships)
    TSSL: Seattle Mariners 2006-2029, Pittsburgh Pirates 2030-present (209-277, 5 division titles w/SEA, 1 championship w/SEA)

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

I was more surprised that you got him. I figured one of the Reds fans would splurge or NYY would splurge. NYY tried, though.
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom View Post
    I was more surprised that you got him. I figured one of the Reds fans would splurge or NYY would splurge. NYY tried, though.
    I offered the same freaking thing for Bench and he chose St Louis. Either way Reds fans would be calling him a traitor with either franchise. LOL.

No 2054 FA predictions?
    HollywoodLeo: You and Kingdom always annoy me
    "Oh, don't mind me, I'm rebuilding now" then you win at least 80 games

RIP S3SL Minnesota Twins.

RIP HSL Anaheim Angels

Rebuilding the Dodger Blues
    Renewed Start back in the land of 10,000 lakes

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

I've just been too busy, coupled with an uninspiring class. I'll still do power rankings

Rookie ERA

I project myself to be disappointed when I find out that I didn't sign Tanaka.
    LeagueTeamRecordWild CardDivisionPennantsTitles
    MSLKansas City Royals (NYY/TB)3611-351711487
    TBLCleveland Indians1084-6982521
    HSLChicago Cubs2071-17641941