Thread: A new Dodger Era

MLB ERA

A new Dodger Era

Gone are many familiar faces as the Dodgers have begun the rebuilding process.

Catcher:
    John Rashid The Ultimate lotto ticket, signed as free agent to replace Ernie "Schnozz" Lombardi. IF Rashid can match Lombardi's numbers I will be quite content.

First Base:
    Harold "Hal" Trosky by default he starts the year at 1b. Still owed for 3 years, he gets a chance to die his final death on the major league roster, then he shall be sent to AAA as an "instructor". At which point hopefully he retires and saves me some money . The future is bright at 1b as there are numerous pieces acquired during the offseason waiting to take over.

Second Base:
    Jose Lasagabaster and Anibal Castillo are starting the year off at 2b. The kids at AAA especially Bertram Grover Weeks appear ready to take over this role before the end of the year.

Third Base:
    Harold "Pie" Traynor begins his 2nd full season in LA, he will be here until he is pushed off the position by one of the kids. He can still be had in a trade if you need a career .301 hitter.

Shortstop:
    Joseph "Arky" Vaughan is one of the surprising starters, I thought he would be one of the more likely guys to have been traded in the flurry of deals that LA was a part of. But returns for his 2nd season in LA.

Rightfield:
    Larry Doby was the big get in Free Agency, 27 years old and decent defense. In a prime scenario he'd probably bat 2nd or 7th in the lineup. He's going to be forced to bat 4th/5th because I really have no one else to (Think Brandon Phillips in the Reds lineup).

Centerfield:
    Willie "Say Hey Kid" Mays is starting his 2nd season in LA and could still be traded, but he's young enough to where I could build around. As long as he's in LA he will be in center field.

Leftfield:
    Charlie "King Kong" Keller signed during the scrap round to LA, hopes he can help bridge the gap in the majors to #0 Willie Mays Hayes, Centerfield, 23 yrs, Los Angeles Dodgers - Out of the Park Baseball Report and then settle into a 4th outfielder/pinch hitter role.

Rotation:
    Most of the names remain the same, but there is still time for that to change!
    1) R Grover "Old Pete" Alexander 5 time cy young winner!
    2) R Joseph Mangino
    3) R #5 Oscar Evans
    4) R #90 Mike Sykes
    5) R #6 William Stradley

Please Rescue a 5 time Cy Young winner from this mess!

The pen is going to be headlined by #99 Benny Castillo , might as well see what he can do at 26 years old.
    HollywoodLeo: You and Kingdom always annoy me
    "Oh, don't mind me, I'm rebuilding now" then you win at least 80 games

RIP S3SL Minnesota Twins.

RIP HSL Anaheim Angels

Rebuilding the Dodger Blues
    Renewed Start back in the land of 10,000 lakes

MLB ERA

Re: A new Dodger Era

Here we are past the trade deadline and gone are a number of players and a number of players have been acquired or graduated from Minor Leagues to try and provide some help.

Record: 51-58.

Gone from the Opening Day Lineup:
    Grover "Old Pete" Alexander traded to contending San Diego.
    Oscar Evans traded to contending Boston
    Mike Sykes asked for and received his release.
    Harold "Pie" Traynor traded to San Diego also.
    Benny Castillo also traded to Boston.
    Jose Lasagabaster traded to Anaheim to play with his brothers the flying Lasgna Men.

New Faces:
    Dick "Richie" Allen acquired in the deal for Grover "Old Pete" Alexander
    Bertram Grover Weeks made his debut during the season. Hitting .310 so far.
    Moshe Landers acquired from Boston in the deal that sent Benny Castillo and Oscar Evans to Boston.
    William Tinkle Audition to see what he can do in the majors.
    Jimmy Feldman First round draft pick gets a chance to find his lost talent with some MLB time!

The Coon & Friends AAA edition.
    Nicolas Coon also acquired in the Alexander trade, quickly becoming the odds on favorite to become the closer in Los Angeles.
    Ulysses Frank Grant is probably the next in line to the majors, I hope by September he is up for good.
    Willie Mays Hayes Looks to be the a favorite in the race to MLB of the OUtfielders.
    Rickey Henderson also acquired in the Alexander trade continues to work at AAA to try and bring his actuals into line with his talent. It is said that he and Willy Mays Hayes have paid to have a track installed at AAA and they race almost everyday for fastest man in the Dodger Organization.
    #20 Monte Irvin Leads AAA in a number of offensive categories.
    #70 Bill Sills Probably on the next bus to LA in case of an injury.
    Last edited by Slyder; 08-20-2013 at 01:14 AM.
    HollywoodLeo: You and Kingdom always annoy me
    "Oh, don't mind me, I'm rebuilding now" then you win at least 80 games

RIP S3SL Minnesota Twins.

RIP HSL Anaheim Angels

Rebuilding the Dodger Blues
    Renewed Start back in the land of 10,000 lakes