Page 27 of 34 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast

Thread: MSL Open Teams: Pittsburgh, Arizona, Detroit

MLB ERA

MSL Open Teams: Boston

Quote Originally Posted by 9Stooges View Post
    dgfred, I'm looking for the league file to use in the game, not the web site.
    I do the changes manually from instructions given to me via pm and on the board .

I’ve long since learned that hasn’t been typical practice but it’s what I was introduced to here and continued doing when I took over.

Extra work for me but it also means people without the game can play.
    LeagueTeamyearsRecordWild CardDivisionPennantsTitles
    MSLSan Diego Padres2034-20592,217-1,9951631
    TBLArizona Diamondbacks2005-20181,216-1,0531963
    TSSLSan Diego Padres2015-2021, 2024-20281,017-9280732
    TSSLTexas Rangers2029-2033396-4140000

Re: MSL Open Teams: Boston

I think I'm going to pass on the league then. Not using the game makes no sense to me. I'm not interested in having to type out every roster move.

If anyone knows another 6.5 league that uses a league file and exports, let me know. I'm already in MCBL and NTBL.

Hall of Famer
    Rookie ERA

9stooges what’s your email?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    MSL - Chicago Cubs - 14 seasons 1,243-1,025. .548% 5 division titles TSL - New York/Boston - 1 season 1,026-756 .576%. 5 division titles

Hall of Famer
    Rookie ERA

I have an export League you can join.

MSL - Chicago Cubs - 14 seasons 1,243-1,025. .548% 5 division titles TSL - New York/Boston - 1 season 1,026-756 .576%. 5 division titles

Rookie ERA

I think I'm going to pass on the league then. Not using the game makes no sense to me. I'm not interested in having to type out every roster move.

If anyone knows another 6.5 league that uses a league file and exports, let me know. I'm already in MCBL and NTBL.
    You really shouldn't... it is actually easier in my opinion. Especially since sims are about twice weekly at most. No worries about uploads 'taking', fun forum, sharp GMs. The only real problem for me is free agency and not knowing who doesn't like your team and how much they want... but there are ways around that too. I think you would have a blast around here... trading especially. There are also ways to protect draft picks here from PDs... a problem in other places sometimes. Leo is an excellent commish... he makes it easy too. Anyway, hope you stay.
    MSL Athletics GM- 2065+

HOFF Athletics GM- 1978+
    VAV Phillies GM- 1985+

VAV Hornets GM- 1993/94+
    (95/96 Champions)

MLB ERA

I'd be willing to explore the option but I'd have to figure out how to do it and set it up. It's something I've never done.

I wouldn't make it mandatory though since I want to keep the option open for those without it to stay on board.

Bench Warmer
    Rookie ERA

I was the Brewers in VaV -- hopefully we get a few from there!

Bench Warmer
    Rookie ERA

and Leo -- being able to export would be great! I think OOTP 6 since it's so old is now free too (or it was at one point)

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HollywoodLeo View Post
    I'd be willing to explore the option but I'd have to figure out how to do it and set it up. It's something I've never done.

I wouldn't make it mandatory though since I want to keep the option open for those without it to stay on board.
    It wasn't mandatory in that league either but that one probably had a 75/25 ratio vs I'm not sure about here. As I said in the PM, it might be a nice way to attract more and also make it a little less work for you if there should a handful that export.
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

Bench Warmer
    Rookie ERA

most leagues host all the league files and do FTP
    Out of the Park Developments Online Manuals

one idea though could be to have a Dropbox and just have us export to dropbox, the league file could also be on there and don't deal with FTP at least at first

dgfred, I'm looking for the league file to use in the game, not the web site.
    There’s a sticky thread about how to make changes. We just read reports and PM him changes

Quote Originally Posted by dgfred View Post
    You really shouldn't... it is actually easier in my opinion. Especially since sims are about twice weekly at most. No worries about uploads 'taking', fun forum, sharp GMs. The only real problem for me is free agency and not knowing who doesn't like your team and how much they want... but there are ways around that too. I think you would have a blast around here... trading especially. There are also ways to protect draft picks here from PDs... a problem in other places sometimes. Leo is an excellent commish... he makes it easy too. Anyway, hope you stay.
    I like playing the game in the game. For example, I use 7 day lineups a lot instead of the depth chart. How can that be any easier than just setting in game and exporting? Taking the time to write out lineup changes is much more tedious imho. It just wouldn't be fun for me.

I'm entering into a very busy week. My daughter is getting married next weekend. I don't have a lot of time this week to pay attention here. If the commish decides to go the VAV route and provide game files for exporting, while still accommodating those without the game, I'm in. But I've decided not to if I can't use the game and export.

Rookie ERA

Well, ok then.
    MSL Athletics GM- 2065+

HOFF Athletics GM- 1978+
    VAV Phillies GM- 1985+

VAV Hornets GM- 1993/94+
    (95/96 Champions)

MLB ERA

MSL Open Teams: Boston

I like playing the game in the game. For example, I use 7 day lineups a lot instead of the depth chart. How can that be any easier than just setting in game and exporting? Taking the time to write out lineup changes is much more tedious imho. It just wouldn't be fun for me.

I'm entering into a very busy week. My daughter is getting married next weekend. I don't have a lot of time this week to pay attention here. If the commish decides to go the VAV route and provide game files for exporting, while still accommodating those without the game, I'm in. But I've decided not to if I can't use the game and export.
    If I do it it likely wouldn't be until the next season as I'd have to set stuff up and adjust to how to do it.

I was introduced to OOTP at this forum where it was always done that way. It wasn't until later when I joined a league at another site that I realized GMs playing with the game and exporting their changes for the commish was even a thing.

At any rate, just keep an eye open because while I'm going to look into it it's not something I can set up overnight on top of my own busy real life schedule.
    Last edited by HollywoodLeo; 02-10-2018 at 04:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HollywoodLeo View Post
    If I do it it likely wouldn't be until the next season as I'd have to set stuff up and adjust to how to do it.

I was introduced to OOTP at this forum where it was always done that way. It wasn't until later when I joined a league at another site that I realized GMs playing with the and exporting their changes for the commish was even a thing.

At any rate, just keep an eye open because while I'm going to look into it it's not something I can set up overnight on top of my own busy real life schedule.
    We appreciate all that you do ❤️

Page 27 of 34 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast