Thread: MSL 2042 Playoff Predictions

Magic Finger!!!
    AAA ERA
    Blog Entries

Molina's Sim League MSL 2042 Playoff Predictions

Chicago (A) vs. Seattle
    Two teams built on Offense. There could be a fair amount of high scoring games in this series. Seattle coming in at the away team even though they have the better record. This may help Chicago as Seattle plays much better at home. That could easily make this a full five game series. Seattle's pitching numbers are much better than Chicago's but are coming off injurys as well. If Chicago can steal one in Seattle I think they can move on.

Chicago 3 Seattle 2

Baltimore vs. Texas
    Could be a very interesting series, Its strength vs strength. Texas comes into this game with 3 power hitters but Baltimore has a solid rotation of pitchers with great movement. Baltimore has the most homeruns hit in the MLB. Texas steals a ton of bases and Baltimore struggles with holding the runners on and a weak catcher arm behind the plate. If Baltimore can launch a few deep in Texas this series stays close and Texas could be in trouble. But I don't see it happening.

Texas 3 Baltimore 1

Chicago (N) vs Philadelphia
    On paper it looks like an easy series victory for the cubs. But looking closely there is one glaring issue. Philly is #1 in walks and Chicago walks everyone. If Philly can get a couple hits mixed in with their walks it could be a very dangerous series for Chicago. Couple that with the fact that Philly plays better on the road than at home. Chicago may struggle to stay a float. Chicago has asked the commissioner if they may trade during the playoffs and the commissioner came back with a resounding no. Upset brewing and the curse remains.

Philly 3 Chicago (N) 1

Atlanta vs LA Dodgers
    First one to 1 wins the game... This will be the most boring series to watch. All dudes in the stadium for this one as Chicks dig the longball and this series will be void of any offense. The Braves seem to have a small pulse on offense and the Dodgers never quite found their footing.

Atlanta 3 LA(N) 1

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    ALCS
    Texas vs Chicago(N)
    Rough looking series for Chicago. This is not the series they were hoping for. Texas will likely sweep this series as the offense for Texas seems to way over match any pitching Chicago would throw at them. Maybe Chicago will pull one out, But not the series.

Texas 4 Chicago 1

NLDS
    Atlanta vs Philly
    Philly escapes past the cubs but get an interdivitional matchup that doesn't look too good for them. The pitching that they avoided in round one comes back to get them in round 2. Its a closer series than the annalists would have you believe but in the end Atlanta's pitching will just be too much for the phillies who narrowly missed the division itself .

Atlanta 4 Philly 2
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    World Series:
    Texas vs Atlanta
    The offense that hasn't hurt Atlanta to this point comes back to haunt them as Texas is just too much. I don't see Atlanta pulling off a series win again the Juggernaut of Texas.

Texas 4 Atlanta 1

Hall of Famer
    Rookie ERA

Re: MSL 2042 Playoff Predictions

I should have asked to trade during playoffs. I think I can get 2 wins vs the Phillies.

Destined to mediocrity
    MLB ERA

Very sound and logical predictions Zod. Now factor in the OOTP AI, and LAD will win the whole thing.

Rookie ERA

If Seattle had a healthy SP staff it would be a sweep (no offense Zod) but I agree, it'll be a 5 game crap-shoot of offense.

Magic Finger!!!
    AAA ERA
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by OrioleMagic View Post
    Very sound and logical predictions Zod. Now factor in the OOTP AI, and LAD will win the whole thing.
    That's the only way I'll get my all Chicago WS! OOTP FTW!

Quote Originally Posted by Hangman View Post
    If Seattle had a healthy SP staff it would be a sweep (no offense Zod) but I agree, it'll be a 5 game crap-shoot of offense.
    None taken. You built your team for AL west domination... Just didn't work against the juggernaut. OOTP helped me by hurting your players.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Seattle vs. Philly
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

MLB ERA

With the way my big 3 has pitched in September to get me there would it really be that big of a surprise?
    HollywoodLeo: You and Kingdom always annoy me
    "Oh, don't mind me, I'm rebuilding now" then you win at least 80 games

RIP S3SL Minnesota Twins.

RIP HSL Anaheim Angels

Rebuilding the Dodger Blues
    Renewed Start back in the land of 10,000 lakes

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

LA over ATL in 5: I think you guys are missing the fact LA's playoff rotation is a combined 13-1 with a 1.6 ERA in september

PHI over CHC in 4: The Cubs need more pitching and its a bad matchup for them.

BAL over TEX in 5: I think Baltimore matches up well with Texas.

SEA over CHW in 4: They miss Grove but they are too deep for Chicago.

PHI over LA in 7: Philly can match LA's pitching and their offense is stronger than ATL's

BAL over SEA in 6: They sure miss Lefty Grove in Seattle.

PHI over BAL in 7: This series can go either way.

MLB ERA

I think the ATL LAD series will all depend on the bullpens.... I don't think we'll probably see more than 2 runs scored against any starter... I just hope Dr. Longball appears from my ATL offense at opportune times
    Give Me a Bottle of Anything and a Glazed Donut, To Go....

Quote Originally Posted by Slyder
    no parents I have ever seen is THIS FREAKING STUPID.

Destined to mediocrity
    MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by Slyder View Post
    With the way my big 3 has pitched in September to get me there would it really be that big of a surprise?
    Nothing would surprise me in OOTP. I only said LAD because they had the worst season record. The statement was all hyperbole, however their is complete conceptual truth in it. No disrespect to LAD intended.

Destined to mediocrity
    MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by Porter99 View Post
    LA over ATL in 5: I think you guys are missing the fact LA's playoff rotation is a combined 13-1 with a 1.6 ERA in september

PHI over CHC in 4: The Cubs need more pitching and its a bad matchup for them.

BAL over TEX in 5: I think Baltimore matches up well with Texas.

SEA over CHW in 4: They miss Grove but they are too deep for Chicago.

PHI over LA in 7: Philly can match LA's pitching and their offense is stronger than ATL's

BAL over SEA in 6: They sure miss Lefty Grove in Seattle.

PHI over BAL in 7: This series can go either way.
    Baltimore has a significant losing record against Texas through the season. We also lost more games than we won against Seattle. I think my only hope is in the unpredictableness of the AI. My pyth record was second best in the league and I play in a division with 4 teams close to .500, well Tampa is probably less than that.... However, the AL West is 2 powerhouses and the 2 worst teams in the league. I really don't know what to make of the overall records, so I give a distinct advantage to Texas.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Nothing would surprise me in OOTP. I only said LAD because they had the worst season record. The statement was all hyperbole, however their is complete conceptual truth in it. No disrespect to LAD intended.
    They were a minus 10.

Rookie ERA

I play in a division with 4 teams close to .500, well Tampa is probably less than that.... However, the AL West is 2 powerhouses and the 2 worst teams in the league. I
    Each team plays one another 14-16 times regardless of their division.

Destined to mediocrity
    MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by Hangman View Post
    Each team plays one another 14-16 times regardless of their division.
    You are right. I must've had S3SL stuck in my mind.

Rookie ERA

You are right. I must've had S3SL stuck in my mind.
    It WAS like that before contraction I believe.