Thread: 2040 Colorado Rockies

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Molina's Sim League 2040 Colorado Rockies

I consider the unexpected 2039 run much like the unexpected run of a few years ago in real life for the Rockies. With pretty much the exact same end result. But instead of dumping Matt Holliday on the A's, we gear up for a battle in Los Angeles. (See what I did there?). Also, if you're reading this, trade me a good player for Brecheen. Thanks.

Starting Lineup
    2B Eddie Collins, 10-7-3-7-10
    SS Placido Mojica, 9-10-2-10-8
    LF Mark Fulp, 8-7-8-10-7
    1B Victor Stull, 10-6-7-8-8
    RF Paul Lillis, 8-7-7-7-10
    C Marvin Crandall, 9-6-5-4-7
    3B Kenneth Crockett, 8-7-7-6-8
    CF Joel Dutra, 8-8-4-3-10

We lack real power, but we create havoc for any kind of pitcher. Mojica and Fulp are walk machines, Collins, Stull, Lillis, and Dutra will rarely strike out, and Crandall has an extraordinary contact rate. The offense should be good despite having only average at best power in the lineup. For some reason, before I took over, they had Collins as the clean up hitter. Oh yeah. It's like making Ichiro the clean up hitter for the Mariners. Actually, that would probably be OK for them.

Reserves
    C Frank Fifer, 5-6-8-5-6
    2B Monroe Skaggs, 6-8-7-4-7
    3B Victor Marra, 7-7-6-5-4
    RF Justo Martinez, 7-6-5-10-6
    RF Larry Blandon, 7-6-5-8-7

Starting Rotation
    Eduardo Maldonado, 7-8-10
    Stephen Loya, 7-10-7
    Ignacio Espanol, 7-7-10
    Walter Santiago, 9-7-7
    Peter Turbeville, 8-7-8

Finesse pitching seemed to work last season down the stretch and it was a war to get Maldonado to come back. It's a real rotation compared to last season with Turbo was my #3. Eat innings, be capable, and not get killed will be the motto.

Bullpen
    David Brannan, 7-10-5
    Jack Cecil, 7-4-10
    Carlos Osuna, 9-6-7
    Craig Pederson, 6-9-7
    Julio Valenzuela, 8-6-9
    Herman Taylor, 10-3-9

Makes me cry. I've never had a bullpen in this league. Just a bunch of poop. Hopefully Taylor is no fluke as a closer, he was nearly perfect last season in that roll. Other than that, it's duck and cover. Pray for miracles. Hope someone finds HGH and injects their own ass. That sort of thing.
    Last edited by Kingdom; 07-20-2011 at 05:08 PM.
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.