View Poll Results: Which plan do you prefer?

Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
  • Plan A

9 81.82%
  • Plan B

2 18.18%
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Free Agency Solution

Destined to mediocrity
    MLB ERA

Re: Free Agency Solution

IMHO, this issue is about more than Sabu. Sabu's record stands for itself. To me the question is... how do you fairly disperse 48 odd 3.0 to 5.0 prospects throughout the league?

MLB ERA

I honestly could care less how much Sabu spends. The problem for me with this whole thing was his exploiting the system by taking advantage of loopholes I was not aware of, and thus could not appropriately adjust the FA rules for. Now that this has happened I can see that none of those prospects should have been included in free agency, and I am taking steps to fix that.

Integrity can accommodate the inadvertent error and the honest difference of opinion; it cannot accommodate deceit or subordination of principle.

LeagueTeamRecordStandingDivision TitlesWild CardLDS WinsLCS WinsWS Wins
    MSLRangers27-111st2731772
    PSLJedi31-448th00000

Rookie ERA
    I think the specs should be given out like sandwich picks in the upcoming amateur draft for teams that missed out on top FA or lost their top tier players this past year.

MoMo, what did you honestly think was going to happen with all these prospects as FA? The only reason why I didn't put in FA offers for these prospects was because I thought ever GM was going to do what Sabu did. I didn't want to waste my time with doing all the work of finding the prospects, placing my bets, and then losing out on most of them.

What Sabu did is nothing compared to what Bryan did as a Yankee signing all the good FAs with ridiculous contracts to only trade them for prospects.

I wonder how long it is going to take for every team to get matching Revenue Caps or a hard salary cap.

My vote would to be simply delete all the blue star players that weren't selected in the Contraction draft. Keeping all the MLB rosters that were signed in the first round of FA signing. Would be very unfair to the teams that signed MLBs to now have every team knowing what they bid for the players.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Look. He essentially signed 6 people to 10 million dollar contracts (**** the dollar less, it's 10 mill). That's the bigger issue. The quality of GMs there and inferior to the talent here so I know about his success. Here's the reality of it all. Some GM's knew people (like Sabu in this case) would go balls out on the spects. Some of the veteran GMs knew that there was a loophole where they would be resigned after the end of the players contract to a MLC. That was the issue. If you want to do the people that got no top guys to pick 1st, that's fine. but the people that signed George and other Top ML players shouldn't be punished either.

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by Hangman View Post
    I think the specs should be given out like sandwich picks in the upcoming amateur draft for teams that missed out on top FA or lost their top tier players this past year.
    You can't be doing this after the fact, I'd never have done what I did in FA knowing that I'd be losing free prospects, I coulda gone either way with this team and to change it after the fact is just crazy.

He exploited a loophole, he knew he was going to create drama, so drama he got.

Ohh and the next time my 57 million dollar payroll gets lumped with NYY's 145 mil, and all the other 85+ mil payrolls I'm going to laugh a lot louder
    LeagueTeamDivision TitlesWild CardWS WinsYears as GM
    MSLSeattle0001

Seattle GM since July 2065
    Royals GM since January 2005

Oakland GM in MSL History
    3 Division Titles (4 Wild Card Berths) 1 World Series

RIP TBSL Los Angeles Angels 2012 WS Champs

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

You're going to LALL?
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

As much as I am in no place to say anything, it seems like Sabu shouldn't just get all of his specs taken away without some form of compensation.
    "Players can't get better over time." -GiantsFanatic

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by General View Post
    As much as I am in no place to say anything, it seems like Sabu shouldn't just get all of his specs taken away without some form of compensation.
    We are saving him from financial disaster... thats compensation enough
    LeagueTeamDivision TitlesWild CardWS WinsYears as GM
    MSLSeattle0001

Seattle GM since July 2065
    Royals GM since January 2005

Oakland GM in MSL History
    3 Division Titles (4 Wild Card Berths) 1 World Series

RIP TBSL Los Angeles Angels 2012 WS Champs

Aren't you a bunch of do-gooder mother****ers, eh?
    "Players can't get better over time." -GiantsFanatic

Rookie ERA

Saving Sabu? The dude is the all-time leader in wins and is 4-0 in the world series. He knows what he is doing. They are just pissed that he out GM'd everyone yet again.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

I guess that would mean something ..to the rest of you all.
    Ted

MLB ERA

he didn't out GM anybody. He out OOTP'd everybody by exploiting a game flaw and a poor decision on how to handle prospects in the contraction.
    that's like saying you're better at Contra than me if you know the Contra code and I don't.
    i'm obviously not trying to suggest Sabu isn't good at this, his record speaks for itself, but this particular instance isn't really another indication of anything other than that he knows how the system works and took advantage o it.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

I'm better than you at Ninja Turtles, Leonardo.
    Ted

Rookie ERA

It's fine saying he exploited a loophole and it should be corrected but don't try and fly that "for his sake" B.S.

And understandings contracts is not using "the system", knowing when to call up players to maximize arb. years is a smart move by a veteran GM. He didn't hack some file and edit the rating modifiers or anything.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast