View Poll Results: Which plan do you prefer?

Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
  • Plan A

9 81.82%
  • Plan B

2 18.18%
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Free Agency Solution

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Re: Free Agency Solution

I have back traced your posts, MOLINA
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

MLB ERA

Molina, did any other prospects sign with someone other than Pittsburgh?

If so, I assume they're going back to the pool as well? Just to be fair and all.
    LeagueTeamyearsRecordWild CardDivisionPennantsTitles
    MSLSan Diego Padres2034-20592,217-1,9951631
    TBLArizona Diamondbacks2005-20181,216-1,0531963
    TSSLSan Diego Padres2015-2021, 2024-20281,017-9280732
    TSSLTexas Rangers2029-2033396-4140000

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by HollywoodLeo View Post
    Molina, did any other prospects sign with someone other than Pittsburgh?

If so, I assume they're going back to the pool as well? Just to be fair and all.
    I don't recall who all signed prospects, but I signed a 5.0 1B spec myself, and yes he will be going back into to the pool too. All prospects signed that were not on an MLB team for the majority of last season will be released. Prospects who were on MLB teams for most of last year will stay with the team that signed them since they already have a good amount of MLB experience.

Btw, I just finished making a list of all the qualifying hitting prospects and may work on pitchers after I get back from lunch. The lists are what I will do the remaining contraction picks from and to know which of the left overs will be deleted. I'm hoping I'll be able to get to the releasing/deleting tonight.
    Integrity can accommodate the inadvertent error and the honest difference of opinion; it cannot accommodate deceit or subordination of principle.

LeagueTeamRecordStandingDivision TitlesWild CardLDS WinsLCS WinsWS Wins
    MSLRangers27-111st2731772
    PSLJedi31-448th00000

Pitt lost a ton of cash for these prospects. Most prospects don't pan out. Pitt is lucky to make 80 million in revenue. His plan only works if some of these prospects actually turn into really good MLB players.

Rookie ERA

Quote Originally Posted by Sabu88 View Post
    3) How I chose to spend my money was up to me. You all had the same chance to spend it. This is no different than the Yankees offering a foreign prospect a lucrative contract when teams like the Pirates have no chance at matching the offer.

4) Whatever "solution" to this problem is, I'm sure it will favor the whiners. That being said, any decision should go through me. I have no problem further curtailing to people *****ing and whining, but I want a some say on what happens to the players that I rightfully signed.
    Ding! Ding! Ding! No one seems to care that 6/7 Top paid FA's have gone to New York teams but when small market Pitt out smarts everyone THEN people scream for reform.

Rookie ERA

Just a thought too (probably won't go over very well) I think if option A is the one chosen, I think teams that signed FA contracts over the 10mil mark should forfeit their pick in the extended contraction draft.

It's just an idea because teams like Dodgers, Cubs, Cardinals, Mets, Yankees would be getting the top FA because of their vast financial resources and then getting multiple 5.0/4.5 specs. The rich get richer, and teams like Pitt, TB, Toronto, Oakland, Cleveland continue to get the shaft.

Destined to mediocrity
    MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by Hangman View Post
    Ding! Ding! Ding! No one seems to care that 6/7 Top paid FA's have gone to New York teams but when small market Pitt out smarts everyone THEN people scream for reform.
    Hangman, this is soooo not the point of this thread. He is keeping everyone of his MLB FA signees. This is about signing minor leaguers as FAs and the overlooked fact that they will resort to MLCs after one year in the minors. This is basically about MoMo realizing that drafting the minor leaguers is a better option than rampant spending on undeveloped minor leaguers. Sincerely, OM

Rookie ERA

Quote Originally Posted by OrioleMagic View Post
    Hangman, this is soooo not the point of this thread. He is keeping everyone of his MLB FA signees. This is about signing minor leaguers as FAs and the overlooked fact that they will resort to MLCs after one year in the minors. This is basically about MoMo realizing that drafting the minor leaguers is a better option than rampant spending on undeveloped minor leaguers. Sincerely, OM
    But that is the point. People were upset with the way Sabu spent his money when EVERYONE had the same opportunity. Didn't they?

Destined to mediocrity
    MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by Hangman View Post
    But that is the point. People were upset with the way Sabu spent his money when EVERYONE had the same opportunity. Didn't they?
    No Sir, the statement is half-true, but only about the minor leaguers. No one complained, at least that I remember, about his MLB signings such as Haug, Bryant, etc.

Sure looks like Sabu is getting shafted here.
    "Players can't get better over time." -GiantsFanatic

MLB ERA

Pittsburgh would get the shaft financially if we let Sabu do this.

we're saving him from himself.

MLB ERA

and teams in big markets being able to spend more in free agency is realistic.

underdeveloped prospects being given 10 million dollar one year contracts that revert to MLCs after one year is not.

the player's union would have a conniption fit if a team was able to do that IRL.

Rookie ERA

Pittsburgh would get the shaft financially if we let Sabu do this.

we're saving him from himself.
    No offense but you have no idea what you're talking about. If you think you do look at the All-Time W/L Records and WS outcomes.

Rookie ERA

and teams in big markets being able to spend more in free agency is realistic.
    So are Sandwich Picks which this league so obviously lacks.

MLB ERA

so, because Sabu's done well in the league spending more than 40 miliion over his income is a good thing?

is that because he was trying to exploit a loophole that most wern't aware existed?

well, ok then. I stand corrected.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast