View Poll Results: Which plan do you prefer?

Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
  • Plan A

9 81.82%
  • Plan B

2 18.18%
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Free Agency Solution

Destined to mediocrity
    MLB ERA

Re: Free Agency Solution

Quote Originally Posted by Molina00 View Post
    Since it seems the purpose of Plan B was just to stick to Sabu, I have to go back to OM's plan as the one that would be most beneficial to the league. Perhaps do like OM suggested and do a sort of 2nd contraction draft round, then I could delete the remaining blue star players. I am all for improving the overall depth of the league.
    The 3rd and subsequent rounds will go quicker than you think because your in the game and your not looking at players. Your merely selecting the next team on your list and then sorting and taking the top player and signing him to a MLC. 4 fast clicks!

The second will go fast as well except if you see an MR, you will hopefully open his player screen and maker sure he doesn't have 5+ endurance. If he does, skip him and remember his name so you can keep skipping him until the 3rd round.

Trust me, this will go fast and won't be as much of a bother as Browntown sending me 137 minor league cuts in ALPHABETICAL order by name instead of the proper positional order!!! I friggin' needed 3 tylenol, a percoset, and two Sam Adams... after that.

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by OrioleMagic View Post
    Trust me, this will go fast and won't be as much of a bother as Browntown sending me 137 minor league cuts in ALPHABETICAL order by name instead of the proper positional order!!! I friggin' needed 3 tylenol, a percoset, and two Sam Adams... after that.

I'm sorry, that's just too funny.
    That's really how I felt when I got Sabu's two free agent PM's, one for pitchers and one for hitters. I may have to go back and see exactly how many players he offered on.

Here is what I think I will do. Set all minor leaguers that were signed to MLC's and release them into the FA pool. Use the same contraction draft order and pick the top 24 from them, then delete the rest. I don't think we really need more than 2 rounds considering the talent in the amateur draft, and upcoming ammy drafts I have planned. I think I may try and clear out the scraps before the 2nd FA period so it will be easier on you guys to see who is still available. I may get started on this tonight if I have time.
    Integrity can accommodate the inadvertent error and the honest difference of opinion; it cannot accommodate deceit or subordination of principle.

LeagueTeamRecordStandingDivision TitlesWild CardLDS WinsLCS WinsWS Wins
    MSLRangers27-111st2731772
    PSLJedi31-448th00000

MLB ERA

That's really how I felt when I got Sabu's two free agent PM's, one for pitchers and one for hitters. I may have to go back and see exactly how many players he offered on.

Here is what I think I will do. Set all minor leaguers that were signed to MLC's and release them into the FA pool. Use the same contraction draft order and pick the top 24 from them, then delete the rest. I don't think we really need more than 2 rounds considering the talent in the amateur draft, and upcoming ammy drafts I have planned. I think I may try and clear out the scraps before the 2nd FA period so it will be easier on you guys to see who is still available. I may get started on this tonight if I have time.
    Agreed, lets move on... I need people to look at trade blocks so I can get the last couple pieces I need!!!
    LeagueTeamDivision TitlesWild CardWS WinsYears as GM
    MSLSeattle0001

Seattle GM since July 2065
    Royals GM since January 2005

Oakland GM in MSL History
    3 Division Titles (4 Wild Card Berths) 1 World Series

RIP TBSL Los Angeles Angels 2012 WS Champs

Destined to mediocrity
    MLB ERA

Please don't make your mind completely up until you finish the second round. Sometimes those 3.0 and 3.5 specs are needed to round out a trade. I have often felt that 2.5-3.5 specs are what is lacking in my league, but I also think I have the talent a little higher than I really want as of late. We will slowly bring that back down over the next few years, but not much. Plus, seeing a 3.0 prospect boost is like winning the OOTP lottery!

Never-the-less, I am glad this is behind us.

Phillies: World Series!!!
    Rookie ERA

Whatevers fine with me. Even with all those guys he's not taking the division from me for atleast a couple seasons so im not worried.
    Yeah I don't really exist anymore
    Molina - Twins
    TSSL - A's
    TBL - A's
    PSL - Denver
    Fail Nobra

MLB ERA

Please don't make your mind completely up until you finish the second round. Sometimes those 3.0 and 3.5 specs are needed to round out a trade. I have often felt that 2.5-3.5 specs are what is lacking in my league, but I also think I have the talent a little higher than I really want as of late. We will slowly bring that back down over the next few years, but not much. Plus, seeing a 3.0 prospect boost is like winning the OOTP lottery!

Never-the-less, I am glad this is behind us.
    I will take that into consideration.
    Integrity can accommodate the inadvertent error and the honest difference of opinion; it cannot accommodate deceit or subordination of principle.

PSLJedi31-448th00000

14,558 Unread Posts browntown653's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Oh relax you, I'm still shaking off the rust at this whole GM thing.

I say we just contract Pittsburgh.
    I did a lot of good things as a sim league GM.

Ah, give me something clever to say here.

Destined to mediocrity
    MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by browntown653 View Post

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Alphabetical order? Freaking awesome.

I would have detached Alaska and sewn it to Antarctica. So glad I don't run sim leagues anymore......
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

It's one thing to do the loophole and another to be arrogant about it. Do what ever is needed.

Rookie ERA

Quote Originally Posted by browntown653 View Post

That's essentially what he's trying to do anyways. Nevermind the fact I would have relocated my money offers differently had I known my players would have been raped from me.

Destined to mediocrity
    MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by Sabu88 View Post
    That's essentially what he's trying to do anyways. Nevermind the fact I would have relocated my money offers differently had I known my players would have been raped from me.
    I lost all my signings.

MLB ERA

You're always putting your own best interests at risk when you try to exploit a loophole.

and that's sound advice for anything in life, not just OOTP.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Loopholes will never be the same.
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom_of_Zito View Post
    Loopholes will never be the same.
    More infinite wisdom from the enlighted KoZ.

FYI, I did have opportunity to get to this last night. I am going to try and work on it tonight, but it may end up being tomorrow night before I have a chance. Sorry for any delay but I am going to get this done as soon as I can. I am ready to get off-season over with.

PSLJedi31-448th00000

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast