Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: MSL Open Teams

MLB ERA

Molina's Sim League MSL Open Teams

Just post or PM me if you want one of these teams:
    Last edited by Molina00; 08-10-2012 at 01:50 PM.
    Integrity can accommodate the inadvertent error and the honest difference of opinion; it cannot accommodate deceit or subordination of principle.

LeagueTeamRecordStandingDivision TitlesWild CardLDS WinsLCS WinsWS Wins
    MSLRangers27-111st2731772
    PSLJedi31-448th00000

New York Yankee Hater!!!! mntwinsfan's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Re: MSL Open Teams

I would like to take the Diamondbacks. Please pm me so I know if i have the team.

Thanks.
    KBSL - Atlanta Hawks
    Arizona gm - MSL

Going For It

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Hey Molina, looking to get involved in a second league, and would like to get in yours.

I'd love to GM Toronto if possible, but would look at other teams if needed.

Thanks.

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by Foster View Post
    Hey Molina, looking to get involved in a second league, and would like to get in yours.

I'd love to GM Toronto if possible, but would look at other teams if needed.

Thanks.
    I would be happy to have you. The Jays are all yours.
    Integrity can accommodate the inadvertent error and the honest difference of opinion; it cannot accommodate deceit or subordination of principle.

PSLJedi31-448th00000

MLB ERA

We now have 15 open teams. That's half the league!
    I am now the only AL West team with a GM, and the AL Central and NL East only has 2.

If anyone else wants to join now is the time. We will be having a special draft class next season, not just the same old boring game generated amateurs either.

PSLJedi31-448th00000

Destined to mediocrity
    MLB ERA

Contraction draft? down to 24 teams??? I wish we had more active GMs, but CJ and GF have flamed out and it seems there is no new rookie class to take their place.

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by OrioleMagic View Post
    Contraction draft? down to 24 teams??? I wish we had more active GMs, but CJ and GF have flamed out and it seems there is no new rookie class to take their place.
    I had thought about that, but I've never done a contraction before and really don't like trying new stuff like that. I'm always too worried I'll mess something up real good.

PSLJedi31-448th00000

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by Molina00 View Post
    I had thought about that, but I've never done a contraction before and really don't like trying new stuff like that. I'm always too worried I'll mess something up real good.
    Talk to OM about the contraction part of it? Hybrid doesnt seem to have any issues with only 24 teams. Plus any advice on which of those teams would be best to fill .
    HollywoodLeo: You and Kingdom always annoy me
    "Oh, don't mind me, I'm rebuilding now" then you win at least 80 games

RIP S3SL Minnesota Twins.

RIP HSL Anaheim Angels

Rebuilding the Dodger Blues
    Renewed Start back in the land of 10,000 lakes

Destined to mediocrity
    MLB ERA

Contraction steps:

1. Back up league file just in case.
    2. Decide which teams will be contracted based on division makeup and lack of quality on the rosters.
    3. Delete those teams. A button will pop up asking you if you want the team rosters to be dumped into the FA pool.
    4. Upload the file and hold a 1 or 2 round contraction draft from the FA pool. The Commissioner needs complete autonomy for simplicity's sake. The Commish will need to sign draftee's from the FA pool during the FA season. All normal FA's from other teams will be handled normally. GMs must carefully select draftee's from the six contracted teams only. The Commish signs the draftee's for whatever fair contract he sees fit. After the FA season, the Commish can go through and draft all the mediocre players from the contracted teams based on the contraction draft order... just going down the list in player value. In other words, we will all get some mediocre players but we will not personally select them.
    5. Re-create a schedule.
    6. Run Spring Training
    7. Commence with OD!

Destined to mediocrity
    MLB ERA

An idea:

AL EAST:
    Baltimore
    Boston
    NYY
    Toronto

AL Central:
    Cinci
    Chicago
    Detroit
    Minnesota

AL WEST:
    Texas
    Seattle
    Anaheim
    Oakland

NL EAST:
    Philly
    NYM
    Was
    Atl

NL Central:
    Chicago
    Cleveland
    Milwaukee
    St. Louis

NL WEST:
    Arizona
    LAD
    SD
    SF

Contracted:

Tampa Bay-AL East
    Kansas City-AL Central
    Florida-NL East
    Pittsburgh-NL Central
    Houston-NL Central
    Colorado-NL West

Going For It

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

My plan was to spend some money this off season, so I am all for this by the way.

Destined to mediocrity
    MLB ERA

BTW, Teams with little or no FA money MUST select a minor league prospect in the contraction draft because they cannot afford a Major League FA and whatever fair contract Molina signs him to. For instance, a team like Philly could draft an undeveloped minor league prospect with high talent, but could not sign a Major Leaguer. Maybe Molina could post an age/talent for contract range post for everyone. For instance a MLB <28 year old might be worth a 6 year contract at ?-?? million per year. While 28-34 year old might only be worth a 2-4 year contract but at ?-?? million per year... or similar. This is where we've just got to live with the Commish's decisions. There are only a few teams who financially can't afford certain players. For instance, Kenneth "Machine Gun " Garon might very well be the most expensive contraction draftee. Baltimore might not be able to select him, and Cinci and Philly for sure should not be able to select him. This is the complicated part and the only way to keep it simple is the Commish does what he sees fit.

MLB ERA

Ugh! That sounds like a lot more time and effort than I would want to put into it. I guess it's something to consider though. OM, how do you think it would work if we waited until free agency was over and then signed the draftees to one year deals as leftovers? They get signed for a lot less and the GM's would have the option of signing the players to extensions if they want to keep them by the end of the year. Plus no players would refuse to take offers from certain teams like they do in regular FA. Oh, and we can't contact Colorado. They still have a GM.

Slyder, I haven't look at those teams in quite a while so I can't really say for sure. The Mariners have done great the past few years if you want to start with a good team. Not a lot of money, you have me to contend with, and lots of players would need to be resigned before the off-season though. I'm sure there are plenty of rebuidling projects too if you want to go that route. Btw, if you find a team you like it would be great to have you.
    Last edited by Molina00; 06-26-2010 at 03:38 PM.

PSLJedi31-448th00000

Destined to mediocrity
    MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by Molina00 View Post
    Ugh! That sounds like a lot more time and effort than I would want to put into it. I guess it's something to consider though. OM, how do you think it would work if we waited until free agency was over and then signed the draftees to one year deals as leftovers? They get signed for a lot less and the GM's would have the option of signing the players to extensions if they want to keep them by the end of the year. Plus no players would refuse to take offers from certain teams like they do in regular FA. Oh, and we can't contact Colorado. They still have a GM.

Slyder, I haven't look at those teams in quite a while so I can't really say for sure. The Mariners have done great the past few years if you want to start with a good team. Not a lot of money, you have me to contend with, and lots of players would need to be resigned before the off-season though. I'm sure there are plenty of rebuidling projects too if you want to go that route. Btw, if you find a team you like it would be great to have you.
    Ya know that sounds like a great idea! It forces GMs to value "loyalty" in some cases.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

As long as I get to stay with my rival Milwaukee Brewers, Im for any realignment of any sort. It has the potential to be epic for years to come, maybe.
    2003 Hybrid World Champion (115-47 reg season, 11-4 playoffs)

TBL: Anaheim Angels 2006-present (238-244 regular season, 1 division title)
    MSL: St Louis Cardinals 2013-present (2734-2936 regular season, 5 division titles, 2 championships)
    TSSL: Seattle Mariners 2006-2029, Pittsburgh Pirates 2030-present (209-277, 5 division titles w/SEA, 1 championship w/SEA)

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast