Thread: Liriano arrested for DWI

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

Liriano arrested for DWI

per rotoworld:

Francisco Liriano was arrested Thursday night and charged with a DWI.
    The Minneapolis Star Tribune reports that the Twins do not plan to suspend Liriano, who won a spot in the bullpen earlier this week. "I feel like I made a mistake and I have to pay for it,'' Liriano said. "I have to be responsible for what I did. I’m really sorry for what happend. I made a big mistake." Mar. 31 - 12:01 pm et
    Source: Minneapolis Star-Tribune
    No, not Liriano! This guy has too much upside to give himself a setback like this. Not a good way to open your big league career.

Future PGA Tour Golfer DirtyKash's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    HAHAHAHA

Rookie ERA
    Great way to start the season! What is up with that????? STUPID.

MLB ERA
    Well, he got it out of the way early, at least.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Now the news will come out that Liriano is actually 29 years old.
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

MLB ERA
    And his real name is Rafael Furcal.

Rookie ERA
    What a disappointing start for him, maybe a karma would bite him in the ass. Maybe he thought he can get out of this because he just made it to the bullpen.

MLB ERA
    It wouldn't be MN if someone wasn't getting a DWI on one of our sport teams.

MLB ERA
    Here's an article from MLB.com

MINNEAPOLIS -- Twins top pitching prospect Francisco Liriano was arrested by the Cape Coral Police Department early Thursday morning and charged with driving under the influence.

The 22-year-old pitcher was pulled over on Cape Coral Parkway around 1:58 a.m. ET after leaving a bar in Cape Coral, Fla. Liriano was issued three sobriety tests at the scene and failed all of them. He was given a breathalyzer test at the police precinct where his blood alcohol level registered at .133. The Florida legal limit is .08.

"I feel like I made a mistake and I'll pay for it," Liriano said. "I'm responsible for what I did. I'm really sorry for what happened. I made a big mistake."

Twins general manager Terry Ryan, manager Ron Gardenhire, and Liriano met with the media on Friday morning to talk about the incident. Ryan said that Liriano's status on the team will not be affected and there are no plans to fine or suspend the pitcher, but rather to let the law take its course.

"We're going to stand behind him," Ryan said. "I'm embarrassed about it. It puts us in a bad spot. We all make mistakes, and unfortunately Francisco made one the other night and he's going to pay the consequences."

Gardenhire said that he talked with Liriano about the seriousness of the charge. Though it's a difficult situation for the entire team to deal with, Gardenhire is proud of the way that Liriano has chosen to face it head on.

"This is a life learning lesson that we are all going to try to help him through, like you would your own kids or friends," Gardenhire said. "We're going to try to help him get through this thing and help him realize how serious and how tough of a situation this is.

"This organization stands behind our players. We have good men here and they do make mistakes. Everyone does."