Thread: 4/19/05: Twins/Whiney Sux

AA ERA

4/19/05: Twins/Whiney Sux

The Twins will finish a quick two-game series against She-ca-go tonight and then they will be home to play the Royals tommorow night. They are coming off a very frustrating loss last night where they left the runners in scoring position three times in that game. I hope things change tonight. Twins have blown opportunities against the Whiney Sux so far this year and that has to change.

Brad Radke is in the hill tonight. I hope he can pitch a lot better because quite frankly, he stinks. They really need a big performance out of him tonight. He has to set the tone.

He will go up against his counterpart, El Duque who stymied the Twins in the Twins home opener.

This is a game the Twins really need to win. They can't fall behind in the series of 4-1. They need this game. I feel this game may dictate how this season has to go. Twins gotta leave She-ca-go tied for first.

A must-win game early in the season.

Radke vs. Hernandez

AA ERA
    What a dissapointing and disgraceful loss tonight. This was ****ing pathetic. A Little League team right by my house in my town can play a lot better than us especially on offense. This was an embrassing loss. I was so disgusting watching this shit tonight. I haven't been this embrassed since two years ago when the Twins stunk it up on the road to finish the first half of the season by going 0-6 against Texas and Anaheim.

Our offense stink. There is no way to sugarcoat it. We had the bases loaded twice tonight yet the Twins could not cash in a hit for the second ****ing straight night in a row. They could not cash in a run at all. I have seen Bad News Bears come through in a big hit no matter bad they are. The Twins had the bases loaded in the fourth and the sixth inning and they could not cash in a fricking damn run. Twins had runners in the corners in the first and third yet they did not cash in a run. This is beyond unacceptable in the major leagues. Great teams don't do that. If the Twins ever want to be in the creme de la creme in baseball, they gotta come through in a big hit. They have never done that ever. Doing it against the AL Central teams is just enough especially the bad teams. The competition in this division is going to be so much tough this year so they need to find a way to step up with the bases loaded and RISP against the teams in the AL Central. They haven't done that against the She-ca-go Whiney Sux this year. That has gotta change. I am shocked the Twins stepped up against the Indians with RISP in the weekend.

Do they miss Justin Morneau? Yes, but you know what. This team has good enough of a lineup to come through with runners in scoring position.

Brad pitched well. This was his best performance of the year. Expecting everyone to throw a shutout is not fair. Johan may be the only one that can do it, but even then he is human. He will eventually break down when he is forced to throw a strikeout. He is starting tommorow night against the Royals. If I am him, I get good enough sleep because the way our hitters are going, he better throw a shutout and a no-hitter tommorow.

Twins hitting is pathetic. I am tired of saying it and I am tired of seeing it. I am also tired of Scott Ulleger, the worthless hitting coach. I will have some things to say about him tommorow.

The bottom line in this series is this. She-ca-go got the big hits in runners in the corners while the Twins did not. That's what went wrong with the Twins.

Whiney Sux are lucky. They ain't that special. The better team lost.

MLB ERA
    I said it 2 years ago and I'll still say it. PAUL MOLITOR!

I still want the guy as our batting coach. What a crappy display tonight. The team left something like 14 runners on base. How the hell do you get 19 hits and only score 1 run!?!?!? Fuggin' pathetic.

AA ERA
    I think it's funny how Terry Ryan couldn't wait to get Dick Such out of town as the pitching coach yet he wants that useless hitting coach Scott Ulleger in the organization. I understand TK had a clout and a pipeline to Carl back then so Dick was able to stay. Gardy has no clout at all like TK so TR can fire Scotty if he wants to no matter how much Gardy love him. Sadly, TR loves Scotty. In fact, TR praised Scotty on the eve of the playoffs last year.

BTW, Hawk Harrelson publicly admitted in the Sux telecast that the Sux were lucky to win the series and this guy is a homer who bleed Sux colors.

This is embrassing. We had the runners on the corners for the most of the game, but we couldn't get any run home.

Rookie ERA
    Hi Guys!
    I found you thanks to Steak. I was having withdrawals from not being able to read forums and your comments. Whew - I'm better now. Except for that ugly thing they called a game last night. How can you have over 20 baserunners and get only one run in??!!?? I had to watch the game with the volume down low cuz I hate listening to the Hawk.

Hopefully we'll get back on track tonight with Johan on the mound. Poor Brad - he pitched a pretty good game but again this year can't get any run support.

Later.

New York Yankee Hater!!!! mntwinsfan's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Get wwept by the White Sox... That is terrible. When you cant generate runs with all those baserunners last night Cery poor display of hitting yet alone how about moving the runners into scoring position? Welll we better SWEEP KC and put up some runs at home!

I said earlier that the morneau injury was not going to be a good thing. Who the Freaking he** are Twins oposing pitchers scared of in our lineup?
    KBSL - Atlanta Hawks
    Arizona gm - MSL

Rookie ERA
    Welcome Diamond Girl! It is good to have you home!

Nice to have you back from the old forums.

AA ERA
    I did not sleep last night. I am so angry about this loss last night. I really am. I was lying in bed thinking about these runners being stranded in the bases last night and Monday night. I never been embrassed with this team until last night. This was a disgusting performance. You can bet I won't be over this anytime soon. Hell I am not even over Game 2 of the ALDS loss from last year so you can bet this loss will stick at me.

You want to know what pisses me off? Several Twins players seemed okay with the loss and it's that April crap. That a loser's mentality. You gotta be pissed and angry. You gotta be annoyed at this loss. You can't keep saying that it's April and it's early stuff. We are not the Yankees or the Red Sox to win through talent. Twins gotta work and earn those wins. We are not the Yankees and Red Sox to trade for players when things go rough.

What we see is what we get. We can't expect other teams to help the Twins and we can't expect the Twins to come back from two years ago. The AL Central is pretty darn good this year. She-ca-go has showed that they are going to be tough this year. Cleveland is a very good team. Detroit is a solid team. Nothing is going to be easy this year. These games against She-ca-go are very important and to lose to them in the fashion they did is disgusting.

AA ERA
    DIAMOND GIRL IS BACK!

Thanks for coming.

I am very happy to see you again. I am glad you found your way here. You were a great contributor to the previous board and I am happy that you will be part of our family here.

I hope to see you a lot.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    Sweet welcome back! Glad to have more fans showing up.

Rookie ERA
    Thanks guys for the warm welcome. I'm glad to have found you once again. My husband is an Indians fan so I get no respect at home!!

Go Twins!!!

AA ERA
    DG: You ought to tell your hubby how in the world did the Twins outplayed the Indians this weekend. Indians are having the same problems with the Twins as far as their offense goes. Indians have problems fielding the ball too as you saw Jake Westbrook Friday night misthrowing that ball to second.

Rookie ERA
    I really wanted to leave a broom by the garage door when he came home from golf but it wasn't meant to be. It's early he keeps telling me.

AA ERA
    DG: I am shocked the Indians hitters are stinking it up right now. I really am. Their offense is pretty darn good from 1 to 9 even with that kid Johnny Peralta in there. I expect them to turn it around before the Twisn do.

I was telling the same thing with the Indians fan that I happen to know. She got on me for predicting a sweep.