Thread: 4/18/05: Twins/Whiney Sux

AA ERA

4/18/05: Twins/Whiney Sux

Twins are coming off a very good series against the Indians this weekend. With that said, the Twins can't rest their laurels because they got the Whiney Sux for a two-game series starting tonight. This is a huge series. Twins gotta make a statement against those punks. It's pretty obvious that team does not respect us despite the fact the Whiney Sux are the Twins daddy since 2001. It would be nice to win both and send a message. Twins need to make a statement IMO.

Whiney Sux has played well. They are getting very good pitching from the entire starting rotation. Can they keep it up? It will be interesting to see what happens.

Kyle Lohse needs to pitch well here. With Dave Gassner pitching well Saturday, Kyle Lohse needs to step up or risk losing his spot to Gassner. Kyle has done okay, but okay is not going to be good enough. This is an opportunity for him to make a statement tonight.

Conteras vs. Lohse

AA ERA
    This was a very dissapointing loss tonight. Twins had runners in scoring position in the first, fifth, and the sixth inning. They did not get that big hit to drive them home. That's what lost them the game tonight. That is so frustrating. She-ca-go starter Jose Conteras was having control problems in the fifth, but the Twins could not get that big hit. That's why they loss the game. Could not get the big hit.

Kyle Lohse did a fine job. I know he gave up that GW HR and he gave up three HRs, but he was ahead of the count and he was throwing strikes. What he did was fine. I will take it. Had he gotten some run support tonight, maybe he would have relaxed and got it done. Kyle obviously is not a finished product. I would love to see him go really deep in the game and learn to pitch a tight game like tonight. That's something he has gotta learn.

Matt Guerrier was great in relief.

I thought Joe Mauer had a great game. Shannon was solid.

Torii made some good catches defensively.

She-ca-go fans need to get over Torii's collission with Jamie Burke from last year. Maybe if Jamie Burke was smart enough to get out of the way, the collision would never have happened. With that said, it was funny to see FSN North show that clip of the collision from last year several times.

Just a sidenote, it was nice to see Kent Hrbek in the telecast. He spoke to Dick and Bert in the sixth inning. Kent talked about how it's a good thing to see the Twins and Whiney Sux hate each other. He ripped that buffoon, Ken Harrelson, who does the Whiney Sux games. When Kent was a player, Ken Harrelson and Kent apparently got into it and Kent almost punched him in 1991. Kent also raved about Joe Mauer's ability as a player and catcher. Great interview for sure.

This was a bad loss. Twins blew it. I really hate it when the offense come up lame especially in RISP. Great teams don't blow opportunities like the Twins had tonight. If you want to win a game or championship, you gotta score with RISP.

Must-win game tommorow and it won't be easy with El Duque on the mound for She-ca-go.

Minor Leaguer
    Rookie ERA
    [QUOTE=Steak]
    She-ca-go fans need to get over Torii's collission with Jamie Burke from last year. Maybe if Jamie Burke was smart enough to get out of the way, the collision would never have happened. With that said, it was funny to see FSN North show that clip of the collision from last year several times.QUOTE]

Why would Jamie Burke get out of the way? Is he a catcher, and its his job to block the plate...To me you still hooked on the collision than some White Sox fans...

This season is going to be a good one between the Sox and Twins. Both teams have great rosters, especially pitching...

AA ERA
    Migraine: Did you saw the play that happened last year? Torii Hunter had no chance of being out at all whatsoever. The throw was nowhere near close and Torii did not like it so Torii decked him. Besides it's not intentional.

She-ca-go may have great pitching and they have outsmarted the Twins so far, but the Twins lost because they made mistakes like last night with leaving runners stranded in scoring position or playing bad defense.

I still think the Twins are the better team.