Thread: Gardenhire has no confidence with Jesse Crain

AA ERA

Gardenhire has no confidence with Jesse Crain

It's so obvious. He is not using him in seventh innings so far. He takes him out when Jesse screws up like when he gives up a base hit or when he gives up a walk. He is so scared of Jesse pitching in tight games. How is Jesse going to learn by taking him out? I really want to see Jesse in this situation because it's painfully obvious that J.C. is not going to get it done when the going gets tough. I have more faith in Jesse than J.C.. Of course if the manager has no faith in Jesse, how will Jesse has faith in himself.

Jesse needs to learn in April not in July or August or September.

MLB ERA
    Personally, I'm not exactly sure why Jesse is even up. He's good, but still needs time and I think he'd be better off spending some time in AAA for a month or so and then go from there.

*shrug*. He's a little erratic and his control is average at best. I don't think he's ready for the bigs yet. But I haven't seen a lot of him. More reading than anything.

New York Yankee Hater!!!! mntwinsfan's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Let talk a bout how Freaking bad Lohse is. Twins now down 5-3. Lohse lets give up another 2 run shot you loser. You are as bad as Mullholland. Just go away.
    KBSL - Atlanta Hawks
    Arizona gm - MSL

AA ERA
    Lynch: Jesse Crain made the team mainly because Gardenhire wanted to use him as the seventh inning guy because J.C. is so unreliable as evident yesterday and in September of last year.

He has been erratic for sure, but Gardenhire is not helping him by taking him out for one mistake like hitting a batter @ Seattle or walking a batter last week against the Tigers.

mntwinsfan: I am not a big fan of Kyle and I understand he gave up the GW HR, but he was not the reason why he lost. He did his job. His offense failed him. There will be plenty of times this year where I will rip Kyle though. Tonight is not the night that I will rip him.

The problem with Crain is that they recently made him take a bit off his high 98 MPH fastball to gain more control bringing him down to 93 MPH or so and he is getting use to it still, is what I have heard.