Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Joe Mauer

Minor Leaguer
    Rookie ERA

Joe Mauer

Did anyone see the new Joe Mauer commercial?

I thought it was pretty funny, not gonna lie.

Rookie ERA
    Great spin on the Mean Joe Green Coke commercial. I also enjoy the Torii Hunter spot.

MLB ERA
    I haven't seen it. (of course, when you never watch TV, you are bound to miss a LOT of commercials).

New York Yankee Hater!!!! mntwinsfan's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Same here I have not seen it, is this on the net somewhere? Wish I was back in Minnesota to see it. How is Mauer Health? I hear he is having no problems...
    KBSL - Atlanta Hawks
    Arizona gm - MSL

MLB ERA
    I haven't heard a bad word about him so far.

BTW: can anyone find any solid spring training stats? Seems that every place I look has last years stats still. I want some batting averages and some ERA-like numbers.

Thanks

Rookie ERA
    I'm going to the Twins/Tigers game on Friday. I'll see if I can get anything there.

MLB ERA
    check and see how hunter is doing along with Baker please. You will need to give us a game summary.
    KBSL - Atlanta Hawks
    Arizona gm - MSL

Quote Originally Posted by DiamondGirl
    I'm going to the Twins/Tigers game on Friday. I'll see if I can get anything there.
    So how'd you like seeing the Twins lose to the almighty Tigers?

MLB ERA

Rocksports

Quote Originally Posted by RockSports17
    So how'd you like seeing the Twins lose to the almighty Tigers?

yeah that is fine you will be lucky to be 4th in the Central!!

no way you will be anywhere in the top 3 team

minnesota,chicago and cleveland are the top teams in the central..
    KBSL - Atlanta Hawks
    Arizona gm - MSL

Well, Peter Gammon, do your research on the Tigers more indepthly. Maybe you'll see that Tigers are actually a decent team. Write them off, doubt them, tell them they suck. They'll only work harder.

If you think Twins are going to be in the top 3, then you're delirious.

MLB ERA

lol

Quote Originally Posted by RockSports17
    Well, Peter Gammon, do your research on the Tigers more indepthly. Maybe you'll see that Tigers are actually a decent team. Write them off, doubt them, tell them they suck. They'll only work harder.

If you think Twins are going to be in the top 3, then you're delirious.

We have solid sp. and a great pen. we will be better than your tigers in the standings!!
    KBSL - Atlanta Hawks
    Arizona gm - MSL

I'm sure you do with a pitcher like Santana. Really don't know the rest of the pitchers on your team, because it don't matter as long as we kick their ass.

Well, I guess it'll be just a wait and see............................................... ..........

if your twins will be 4th or 5th in the Central. I don't know, I think Royals might even be able to beat yah guys.

Rookie ERA
    Whoa! The Tigers have some good players and a lot of youth and will be a good team but let's not put the cart before the horse.

I was at the game on Friday and I liked what I saw from Baker pitching for the Twins. He gave up a first inning homerun to Granderson - I like this young Tiger - but that was an oops pitch I'm sure. For the rest of his time, he did very well, looked pretty confident in his pitches.

And the Twins didn't start any big names - the lineup was that of Kubel, Ford, Heinz, Bartlett, Tiffee, etc. etc. So yes the Tigers won 3-2 but the Twins had some base running issues ........ it's Spring Training!

I was impressed with Kubel - he can hit! I was there early enough to catch batting practice and he had some solid rockets launched into right field! You can hear the contact with his bat to the ball throughout the park. Let's hope he stays healthy.

Yes the Tigers won but they are young and will make some noise in the Central Division I'm just not sure it will be this year.

My opinion and I'm allowed to have it.

I also saw the Twins/Phillies yesterday in Clearwater. Johan started for this game but only had 1 very strong inning. He got out of trouble in the 2nd but then started to slip in the 3rd and gotten taken out in the 4th. And then the pitching from then on was not good.

Batista hit a homerun that I think is still flying into the Gulf of Mexico - he hit that ball hard and a long way! Lew hit a homerun but you gotta love him for his hustle - he was all over the base paths running everything out full steam. Morneau didn't impress me at the plate and looked a little tired at first but I'll check on him more this weekend in Fort Myers. I haven't seen Mauer, Hunter or Stewart yet so no comment on them yet. Punto was Punto and Bartlett was ok - still not sold on either of them yet.

So that's my Spring report so far. I'll be at the Twins/Reds game on Saturday in Sarasota and then in Fort Myers Sunday for the Twins/Devil Rays and on Monday for the Twins/Blue Jays - then I'm done with Spring Training for 2006.

Will report more next week.

No crap, it's Spring Training?

I just like to have fun with you guys. Maybe I should write out (JUST PLAYING AROUND). Write off the Tigers, go ahead, and it'll be fun when they show you all this year and do well this season. (Which they will).

Oh, Twins Suck!

MLB ERA

nice post...

Quote Originally Posted by DiamondGirl
    Whoa! The Tigers have some good players and a lot of youth and will be a good team but let's not put the cart before the horse.

I was at the game on Friday and I liked what I saw from Baker pitching for the Twins. He gave up a first inning homerun to Granderson - I like this young Tiger - but that was an oops pitch I'm sure. For the rest of his time, he did very well, looked pretty confident in his pitches.

And the Twins didn't start any big names - the lineup was that of Kubel, Ford, Heinz, Bartlett, Tiffee, etc. etc. So yes the Tigers won 3-2 but the Twins had some base running issues ........ it's Spring Training!

I was impressed with Kubel - he can hit! I was there early enough to catch batting practice and he had some solid rockets launched into right field! You can hear the contact with his bat to the ball throughout the park. Let's hope he stays healthy.

Yes the Tigers won but they are young and will make some noise in the Central Division I'm just not sure it will be this year.

My opinion and I'm allowed to have it.

I also saw the Twins/Phillies yesterday in Clearwater. Johan started for this game but only had 1 very strong inning. He got out of trouble in the 2nd but then started to slip in the 3rd and gotten taken out in the 4th. And then the pitching from then on was not good.

Batista hit a homerun that I think is still flying into the Gulf of Mexico - he hit that ball hard and a long way! Lew hit a homerun but you gotta love him for his hustle - he was all over the base paths running everything out full steam. Morneau didn't impress me at the plate and looked a little tired at first but I'll check on him more this weekend in Fort Myers. I haven't seen Mauer, Hunter or Stewart yet so no comment on them yet. Punto was Punto and Bartlett was ok - still not sold on either of them yet.

So that's my Spring report so far. I'll be at the Twins/Reds game on Saturday in Sarasota and then in Fort Myers Sunday for the Twins/Devil Rays and on Monday for the Twins/Blue Jays - then I'm done with Spring Training for 2006.

Will report more next week.
    Keep up the good work!!
    KBSL - Atlanta Hawks
    Arizona gm - MSL

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast