Thread: Hrbek, Killebrew, Ripken (and others) to Honor Puckett

MLB ERA

Twins Hrbek, Killebrew, Ripken (and others) to Honor Puckett

MINNEAPOLIS -- Some of Kirby Puckett's most famous friends will speak at a memorial for the late Hall of Famer at 7 p.m. Sunday at the Metrodome.

The Twins announced a list of speakers that includes Kent Hrbek, Tom Kelly, Harmon Killebrew, former Twins general manager Andy MacPhail, Al Newman, Dave Winfield and Cal Ripken Jr.

The Metrodome doors will open at 6 p.m. and admission is free. The Metropolitan Sports Commission will provide free water and soda.

Many of the parking ramps surrounding the dome will offer free parking, and Metro Transit has arranged to provide additional rail service for the expected crowds.

Puckett, who led the Twins to two World Series titles, died Monday in Arizona, a day after suffering a stroke. He was 45.

Through the Twins, the Puckett family is asking that in lieu of flowers, donations be made to the Kirby Puckett Memorial Fund at the Minnesota Community Foundation in St. Paul or the American Heart Association in Minneapolis.

MLB ERA

Twins

It's nice to see this and it's nice to see how everything involved in this memorial has fallen into place. The admission being free, the MSC offering free beverages, free parking, extra transit service.

MLB ERA
    I want so badly to go to this, but unfortunately, without much notice, I will be unable to get out of work to do so. On the Twins MLB.com front page, there was a link that said it will be broadcast live.

http://minnesota.twins.mlb.com/NASAp...=.jsp&c_id=min

New York Yankee Hater!!!! mntwinsfan's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    I will be watching..
    KBSL - Atlanta Hawks
    Arizona gm - MSL

MLB ERA
    It just started a couple of minutes ago.

MLB ERA
    holy crap. This is going to be hard to watch.

MLB ERA
    Cal Ripken's speach was great.

MLB ERA
    Killebrew's commentary is pretty nice too. His story about Puck promising to sing at Killebrew's funeral kinda choked me up though.

Rookie ERA
    I do believe the Twins organization once again proved they are a class act. What a beautiful tribute to the greatest Twin in history!

I got really choked up when TK was trying to get through his time on the stage. I believe he felt it would be easier to get through with his past team members behind him but it didn't. He's really been hit hard by this and it showed last night.

Great job to the entire Twins organization and the Puckett family - Kirby will be missed by many for all eternity.