Thread: 4/17/05: Twins/Indians

AA ERA

4/17/05: Twins/Indians

Twins will go for the sweep this afternoon against the Tribe. It would be nice to get that sweep and put the Indians into a bigger hole. There is nothing better than making a statement against a team that also loves to talk trash. Indians really need this win today to avoid falling futher behind. Right now, the AL Central race comes down to She-ca-go and the Twins.

Joe Mays will start this afternoon for the Twins. He has pitched well in his last two starts. With the way Dave Gassner pitched today, Joe really has to keep it up or else lose his job in the rotation. Let's hope he does well.

He will go up against that gangsta of the name of Carsten Charles Sabathia. That's C.C.'s real name. I hope we beat the crap out of him. That SOB said something about the Twins that I did not really like. He spent all spring training talking about how he hates the Twins and how he hates everyone on the team. What a fugging loser. Hers hoping we beat that gangsta today.

Mays vs. Sabathia.

MLB ERA
    Looks like it was a good game for the most part. 1-1 tie going into the 8th inning when Romero gave up a couple hits, a walk and a run. Tribe wins 2-1. Too bad for Mays since he had a solid 7 inning outting. Just got crap for run support.

AA ERA
    I got to see this game this afternoon. It was pretty quick. Not as quick as the Mariners/Whiney Sux game like yesterday afternoon in which it ended in 1 hour 30 minutes. It was a 3 hour 15 minute game today.

It was pretty good game. This series has been very good all weekend long. This series came down to mistakes and which team would take advantage of it. Twins took advantage of the mistakes in the first two wins and today ,the Indians took advantage of mistakes via J.C.'s hit by pitch. Indians won the game in the ninth via hit by pitch. That's a crappy way to lose the game.

Joe and Sabathia was fantastic. Joe had to match Sabathia all day long and he got the job done. The gangsta (Sabathia) looked very good in his first game of the year. He threw lot of strikes and he worked fast. I am just glad the gangsta did not win though. It was good to see Joe pitch a very good game. He knows Gassner could take his job if Joe stinks it up so he knows what's at stake. I am glad Joe stepped up. He has been good overall. I hope he keeps it up because the Twins are going to need him all year.

As for J.C., I don't want to pick on him since he has been very good and I understand he can't be perfect every game, but this is just typical J.C. that we have grown to watch. J.C.will find a way to get in jams and then find ways to implode as you saw today. He started hitting batters and he lost control of the strike zone. He just looked lost. Yeah Cuddyer misthrew the ball, but J.C. needs to control his fate and situation by throwing strikes. He is well capable of doing that. He can't let the little things get to him and that's what happened today. That's classic J.C. He can be very good or very bad. Unfortunately, it's very bad. He can be so frustrating to watch. I want him to do well in these type of situations yet he can't get it done. How can he expect fans to have faith him when he is on the mound when you see what you saw today?

You can't win em all, but to take two out of three against a team who is expected to unseed the Twins is pretty darn good especially at the beautiful Jacobs Field where it has been house of horrors for the Twins since it opened. To start the season by taking two out of three against a team who plays the Twins tough like you saw this weekend is very good.

Now we get ready for the She-ca-go Whiney Sux for a two-game series tommorow night. That should be quite a showdown at She-ca-go.