MLB ERA

2006 Twins starting roation?

This is what I hope it will be.

1. Santana
    2. Radke
    3. Silva
    4. Liriano
    5. Baker

There may be someone in the minors who will get the chance to start for us as well, but who would you send down? Liriano and Baker deserve to start. If Radke struggles then I think he may be out. But he is the vetran leader.

What do you think the rotation will look like.
    KBSL - Atlanta Hawks
    Arizona gm - MSL

Furcals Designated Driver realmofotalk's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Near the end of the season you should hope it will be:

1) Santana
    2) Liriano
    3) Silva
    4) Baker
    5) Radke

MLB ERA

Twins Liriano

Is Liriano projected to be in the Majors right away?

New York Yankee Hater!!!! mntwinsfan's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    yes I believe he is. Liriano is more than ready. Lohse sucks would do the Twins better to deal him, I know there was a deal very close last year with Seattle. I believe it was for Jeremy Reed.???
    KBSL - Atlanta Hawks
    Arizona gm - MSL

AA ERA
    Liriano is the real deal, that kid has some really nice stuff. Hopefully he will have some bad games against Boston, Lord knows Santana is enough to handle for any team
    "They asked me if I wanted the ball in Game 6, and I said yes. I'll always say yes. That's what I did with Jack McKeon. I told him, 'Let me see how I feel tomorrow.' I went out, did a long toss, came in and said, 'I'll pitch, I want it, I want to do it.' And it ended up working out." -Josh Beckett

Liriano is absolutely sick. He has some obscene stuff, the Twins have a real gem there, the best LHP Prospect in the game (I'd say Lester is 2nd behind him).

The Twins rotation isn't the concern, you just have to hope that the offense does...something. Luis Castillo isn't exactly the savior.
    http://strike3forums.com/forums/phot...pelbon2006.jpg

Then out of fairness to the others you will be Slagathor.

MLB ERA

hitters

Quote Originally Posted by Fishercat
    Liriano is absolutely sick. He has some obscene stuff, the Twins have a real gem there, the best LHP Prospect in the game (I'd say Lester is 2nd behind him).

The Twins rotation isn't the concern, you just have to hope that the offense does...something. Luis Castillo isn't exactly the savior.

Castillo is a major upgrade to the crap we had last year. The guy from Detriot we got the DH is the key to the hitting. He needs to be healthy and i see a better hitting team and the runs will increase by alot.

the pitching should and will keep us in the ballgames.
    KBSL - Atlanta Hawks
    Arizona gm - MSL

MLB ERA

Twins

Quote Originally Posted by Fishercat
    My thoughts exactly! Our offense is one of the worst in all of baseball. I still say that someone needs to run over Scott Ulleger and leave him by the roadside like a midnight racoon. (ok, don't take that literally folks). The guy sucks. He's sucked for years and he's not suddenly going to get better. Obviously this team can hit and be spotty once in a while, but as a whole, they fuggin suck! Without decent hitting, it wont' matter wtf our starting rotation is.

Yeah, get rid of Ulleger. Anyone who tries to turn a 6'4", 230 pound DH into a slap hitter really shouldn't have a job.

C: Mauer
    1B: Morneau
    2B: Castillo
    SS: Bartlett
    3B: Batista
    OF/DH: Hunter, Stewart, White, Ford/Kubel?

It's not exactly a horrible lineup, but it really depends on which version of each player shows up. Will you get one of the best catchers in baseball (Mauer), or will he be derailed by an injury? 2005 or 2004 Morneau? What steal rate and OPS will show up for Castillo? Can you get anything at all from the left side of the field? Anything? You have a guy who played in Japan last year and Jason Bartlett. The OF looks decent, but is there any pop out there? Any? Maybe Kubel?

Seriously, the Twins can compete, but they need the pitching to hold and the offense to improve to be a threat.
    http://strike3forums.com/forums/phot...pelbon2006.jpg

Then out of fairness to the others you will be Slagathor.

MLB ERA
    I was surprised at Mauer. He is one of the best catcher but lefties rape him. His stats weren't all that eye popping besides the stolen base numbers. The only infielder besides Mauer I like is Castillo. Morneau could catch fire in a bottle, but he seems like a streaky option. All the rest are mediocre at best. The outfield is amazing again, just as long as they don't get injured. The Twins as a whole are solid, but they have several holes. How they manage those holes will either give them the division or plunge them into mediocrity.

MLB ERA

Twins

Quote Originally Posted by Dry1313
    I was surprised at Mauer. He is one of the best catcher but lefties rape him. His stats weren't all that eye popping besides the stolen base numbers. The only infielder besides Mauer I like is Castillo. Morneau could catch fire in a bottle, but he seems like a streaky option. All the rest are mediocre at best. The outfield is amazing again, just as long as they don't get injured. The Twins as a whole are solid, but they have several holes. How they manage those holes will either give them the division or plunge them into mediocrity.

I think the moves they made can only help. Bartlett and Cudyer need to play at the level the organization expect them to play at. I think if the pitching can keep the games close as they should ( or I am Expecting them to) we should win 90+ games and contend for the division. I doubt that chi sucko will be as good as last season.

Go Twins
    KBSL - Atlanta Hawks
    Arizona gm - MSL