Thread: Twins Discussion Question

AA ERA

Twins Discussion Question

During the baseball season, I like to have discussion question for the Twins fans to discuss. We will have this periodically during the baseball season. Here is the first installment:

How many Wins will the Twins record this year? Where will they place in the division?

90 and they will win first

Will Johan Santana duplicated his 2004 season?

Yes

Which other pitchers will step-it-up in 2005?

I am counting on Joe Mays to do something special. I can only hope, right.

Who will disappoint?

Kyle Lohse and J.C. Romero like always

Can Joe Mauer stay healthy and, if so, what will he do this year?

I bet he will get hurt and he will be the DH or be out for the year.

What are your predictions for Justin Morneau?

He will hit 39 HRs

Which hitter will step up?

Torii Hunter. I think he is due for a big year after a big postseason last year against New York. He will be an MVP candidate

Who will disappoint?

Luis Rivas and Jacques Jones as usual

Who will be the Twins leader in:

HR: Justin Morneau

Batting Average: Torii Hunter

Stolen Bases: Shannon Stewart

Wins: Johan

ERA: Johan

Which minor leaguer will have the most impact on the Twins in 2005?

Scott Baker

What would you say that X-Factor is for the team?

Jason Bartlett and Michael Cuddyer. If those two can hit, our offense will be deadly.

What storylines are you hoping to read?

Jason Bartlett as a candidate for Rookie of the Year
    Johan Santana for Cy Young
    Joe Nathan for Rolaids Relief Award
    Joe Mauer finding a way to be healthly
    Joe Mays and Kyle Lohse finally know how to pitch

How many Wins will the Twins record this year? Where will they place in the division?

Depends on a lot but I would say 92

Will Johan Santana duplicated his 2004 season?

No, he will be more consistent this year, but he won't have as low of ERA, but will be in the top 3 for AL CY

Which other pitchers will step-it-up in 2005?

Full season: Jesse Crain, the more I read about Crain the more I like him he has velocity but when he shorten(s,ed) his stride he lost a bit. He has a lot of movement on his pitches. After Allstar Break: Scott Baker, Kyle Lohse will go down and Baker will step up. Baker didn't make camp because the Twins want him to start as much as he can and if he was in the bigs he would have to wait for a shot, but with Lohse doing horrible after the All-Star break he will be demoted to AAA and Baker will step up and get 5-7 wins with a respectable ERA.

Who will disappoint?

Kyle Lohse, he will do good in the beginning of the season but fade off as he has three bad outtings in a row and gets down on himself and just gets worse from there.

Can Joe Mauer stay healthy and, if so, what will he do this year?

Joe Mauer isn't injury prone he has had one injury to his knee and since he is a catcher and the future of the franchise the Twins moved him up slowly. He will stay healthy, but he will get pain in his knee and have to move to 3rd base causing Cuddyer to take over secondbase for the struggling Rivas. Mauer will impress with a .290 avg and 10 home runs.

What are your predictions for Justin Morneau?

Justin Morneau will be the first Twin since 1987 to hit at least 30 home runs. He will not impress with his .260 avg though in his first full season but will have 90 or more RBIs.

Which hitter will step up?

Torii Hunter is only 29 years old and getting better every year. He will have a .280 ERA with 30-32 home runs. He will still swing at bad pitches and have a OBP of around .355-.365. He will win yet another gold glove

Who will disappoint?

Luis Rivas and Kyle Lohse will do good at first but as the season goes on they will both lose there starting jobs before or right after the All-Star Break.

Who will be the Twins leader in:

HR: Justin Morneau

Batting Average: Lew Ford

Stolen Bases: Hunter and Bartlett will go back and forth all year

Wins: Johan Santana

ERA: Johan Santana

Which minor leaguer will have the most impact on the Twins in 2005?

Scott Baker will be called up and prove he is going to be a big league pitcher.

What would you say that X-Factor is for the team?

Everyone will say the same out left side of the infield along with our catcher. If they can perform decently offensively and defensively we could be a top team

What storylines are you hoping to read?

"Mauer Healthy But Moves to 3rd"
    "Hunter wins Gold Glove:
    "Hunter 5th in MVP voting:
    "Johan Pitcher of the Month" x2 or x3
    "Crain moves to setup"