Thread: 2005 Twins offseason thread..

New York Yankee Hater!!!! mntwinsfan's Avatar
    MLB ERA

2005 Twins offseason thread..

What do you think we are going to do? I hope that Kevin Millar can become a Twin. With Lowell in Boston I am thinking we may be able to finally get this done.

Players we must sign.

J. Jones: Is our power hitter. Must be back. I dont understand T. Ryan and mr. Polad on why they have not signed him.

2. P. Konerko: Why no sign him? Still young can hit 30 + homers for us. I think the short fence to right and the baggie would be a plus to get him here. Just think of this lineup if we could get him signed.

3, Any good free agent SP. Wirh Silva's break down at years end hurt us. Yes we got to see Baker and Pedro called up but I think i more sp would help by letting Pedro get 1 full year in AAA.

4. A leadoff batter. One who can get on base steal some bases make the sp work hard, Have him worry about the runner and less on the batter would generate runs and stolen bases. Juan Pierre would be a great fit. I could see alot of bunt hits on the turf.

I also know that we dont spend alot. But it is time to do things. I think Polad finally knows that. The Santana signing would be my proof.

Injuries played a major part to where we finished! The hitting was not real good as well. One would do well and the other would suck. So by signing a good sp and a couple hitters to this club I think we can contend once again. If Hunter is healthy we should be back to the top in the al Central.
    KBSL - Atlanta Hawks
    Arizona gm - MSL

MLB ERA
    The offesason changes I'd like to see:

1) Fire Scott Ulleger
    2) Fire Gardy
    3) Hire Molitor as either mgr or as the hitting coach
    4) Pick up a FA that can DH like a bandit. A guy that can hit 35+ HRs. I don't care if he can only hit .270 if he knock it out of the park on any given swing.
    5) Keep Jones
    6) Dump Mays
    7) Bring up Baker full time into the rotation
    8) Fire Ulleger
    9) Fire Gardy
    10) Hire Paul Molitor.

11) one last thing... STFU about a new stadium. Put a club on the field that can WIN and then whine about your stadium!!!!

New York Yankee Hater!!!! mntwinsfan's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynch
    The offesason changes I'd like to see:

1) Fire Scott Ulleger
    2) Fire Gardy
    3) Hire Molitor as either mgr or as the hitting coach
    4) Pick up a FA that can DH like a bandit. A guy that can hit 35+ HRs. I don't care if he can only hit .270 if he knock it out of the park on any given swing.
    5) Keep Jones
    6) Dump Mays
    7) Bring up Baker full time into the rotation
    8) Fire Ulleger
    9) Fire Gardy
    10) Hire Paul Molitor.

11) one last thing... STFU about a new stadium. Put a club on the field that can WIN and then whine about your stadium!!!!

Reply to questions with y or n.
    1. y
    2. y
    3. y
    4. y
    Oh hell yes to everything. Polad needs to spend money this offeseason. We need hitters in a bug way. Kornerko got and offer for 60 million from the Angels. Why don't we do this? Oh you forgot one person on your list Lohse get rid of him trade him and get hitting.. Was Seattle interested him not to long ago? I almost thin Mays is better.

Jason
    KBSL - Atlanta Hawks
    Arizona gm - MSL