Thread: 4/15/05: Tigers/Twins

AA ERA

4/14/05: Tigers/Twins

Twins will go for the sweep this evening as they finish out the three-game series against the Detroit Tigers. Dimitri Young, the mouth that roars for the Tigers, was talking about how Minnesota is not in Detroit's radar or level. Dimitri is exactly right. Twins have better pitching while the Tigers don't. It showed in this series.

Brad Radke will be on the hill for the Twins. Brad needs to do a lot better than he is capable off. He hasn't been that bad, but still he is not pitching to his standards like last year. He is giving up home runs and he is giving up pitches that are easy to hit. He needs to get it going. Brad is going to be a big part of this team's success so he has to pitch well to his capability.

Look for Joe Mauer not to play tonight.

Robertson vs. Radke

I will be on for gamethread chat later tonight if anyone is interested.

Minor Leaguer
    Rookie ERA
    Top of the 7th and the Twins are HAMMERING the Tigers 10-3

AA ERA
    I am so glad Twins shut Dimitri Young up in this series. I hope they impressed him by sweeping his Tigers. Young really should know better than to open his mouth and ripping the Twins. It's one thing to say that he believes his team will win the division, for him to diss the Twins was uncalled for. Whatever. I am just glad the Twins swept the Tigers and I am glad Dimitri did crap in this series. Maybe he was better off just let his bat do the talking rather than his mouth. I am amazed and amused how he would go open his mouth and degrade the Twins. He should have known better.

In this series, the Tigers pitching has stunk. Twins hitters has just had a field day against the Tigers pitching staff from starters to relievers.

Jason Bartlett and Joe Mauer was fantastic in this series. I really can't say enough about those two especially Jason.

Brad was okay. He struggled in the first and there were times where he had control problems again. I don't know what to make of him right now, but I am not very happy with what he is doing out there in the mound. He got by tonight thanks to the run support he got. Brad is just off right now.

I am glad the Twins got the sweep. It was important to make a statement to the Tigers especially Dimitri Young. I will end my take with Dimitri Young's quote.

"They humbled us," said Dimitri Young, who went 2-for-4. "We definitely wanted to show them this was a different team. Unfortunately they beat us the way they've been beating us.