Thread: 4/13/05: Tigers/Twins

AA ERA

4/13/05: Tigers/Twins

After a great game and a great win last night, the series continues this evening. Twins will try to extend the winning streak to 3.

Kyle Lohse makes his second start of the year. He did alright in his first start, but I want to see him do better in his start tonight. He really needs to step up like Joe Mays especially in the wake of Carlos Silva's injury. Twins need him if they want to win the AL Central. If he stinks and if Gassner does well, he could find himself out of the rotation. His starts coming up for the next two months are going to be very vital.

Jason Johnson vs. Kyle Lohse

AA ERA
    Good to get the back-to-back win against the Tigers. I guess that knucklehead Dimitri Young, the mouth that roar, underestimated the Twins about how they are on a decline as he talked about how the AL Central is between the Indians and Tigers. I hope the Twins impressed Dimitri. He was best served keeping his mouth shut. I am really glad we got the back-to-back wins. Tigers are nowhere close to the Twins level as far as I am concerned. Why they are nowhere close? It comes down to pitching. Tigers pitchers has been roughed up by the Twins in this series.

Jason Johnson, who stunk the game, stunk for the Tigers tonight. He was roughed up in the first inning and he never recovered. He did not even get to finish the first as he was taken out early. Twins were getting the bloop hits off him and then Jacques laid down the hammer on Johnson with that homerun in the upper deck. Twins offense was hitting like a pinball machine where the hitters would get a hit when they were batting.

Jason Bartlett and Joe Mauer played great again. I can't say enough about Jason and Joe shows why he is a great player.

How about Terry Tiffee? This was his first game of the year and he had 2 hits and 3 RBIs. He did a very good job. Good to see him do well. Terry was called up with Justin Morneau being in the DL.

Lew Ford has done a very good job so far. He is getting on base.

I am really glad the offense is starting to roll a little bit.

Kyle was efficient. It was good to see him relax with that big lead out there.

J.C. was very effective again.

Juan and Joe did the rest.

My only complaint is the game not being televised. I got the Metrodome feed on MLB.TV with the Twins radio guys. FSN North should have had that game tonight and Ch. 45 should have had the Wolves/Warriors game. Listening to Herb and Gordon was bad. Herb was alright, but he seemed bored. The only great thing those two did was give out out-of-town scores.

Let's go for the sweep tommorow.