Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Was Santana Robbed?

MLB ERA

Twins Was Santana Robbed?

I'm curious to see what ya'll might think about Colon winning the Cy Young award for 2005. Colon wins it with Rivera coming in 2nd place and Santana pulling up in 3rd place.

So here are my questions:
    • Did Colon deserve it?
    • Did Rivera deserve 2nd place?
    • Did the White Sox pitchers get ZERO respect?
    • Should Santana have won it?

No, No, Yes, Yes

Respectively.
    http://strike3forums.com/forums/phot...pelbon2006.jpg

Then out of fairness to the others you will be Slagathor.

MLB ERA
    I like that. Straight and to the point.

I'm digging all over my computer trying to find the file where I showed how all of the top pitchers were ranked (ERA, Wins, SO, BB, WHIP, etc) and how they all lined up. For the life of me, I can NOT find it.

New York Yankee Hater!!!! mntwinsfan's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Well Santana was better the Rivera that is for sure, but Colon had 21 wins. No one else had 20. So Santana should have been 2nd and recieved more first place votes.

For the White Soxs dont care!! May they lose there sp and Kornerko! I hate the White Suxs as much as the Damn Yankees.

Now the question is what are we going to do this offseason?
    KBSL - Atlanta Hawks
    Arizona gm - MSL

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by mntwinsfan
    Well Santana was better the Rivera that is for sure, but Colon had 21 wins. No one else had 20.
    HUGE difference though.... Colon had the most run support of any other candidate. Santana had the worst run support of any of the top candidates and as a Twins fan, you know this from watching them all year long. They were one of the worst hitting team in the AL.

I've really really get sick and tired of the stress that is put on Wins and have felt this way for years. This year it hurts the most though because Santana beat Colon in nearly every single major category other than wins.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    No, cause to me he pulled a Russ Ortiz and I didn't see Russ win CY.
    Yes, cause he had a great year, but it might not even been his best. Not CY worthy, at least.
    No, they were too inconsistent to garner more votes. First it was Buerhle and Garland pre-allstar break. And then *** and Contraband took over down the stretch.
    Yes, cause he's the most dominant starting pitcher outside of Roger Clemens. Maybe more dominant since he's prone to go more than six innings.
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

AAA ERA
    mariano deserved it, Santan was great BUT he was 16-7 on a team 4 games over .500 and nowhere nar the postseason. This was a year where those was no clear cut SP to win it and Marinao was great and deserved it.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    and that's his fault that he doesn't have ARod or Sheffield, or anyone that can hit? Santana would have been a 20 game winner easily with a decent offense.
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

MLB ERA
    He (Rivera) did not deserve shit! Nathan had as good of numbers why did he not get any votes? It is a new york issue, if a yankee is not in the running people complain. Santana led the league in strikeouts for sure. I will look up more stats shortly. Santana should not have one it but 2nd he should have had.
    KBSL - Atlanta Hawks
    Arizona gm - MSL

AAA ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by mntwinsfan
    He (Rivera) did not deserve shit! Nathan had as good of numbers why did he not get any votes? It is a new york issue, if a yankee is not in the running people complain. Santana led the league in strikeouts for sure. I will look up more stats shortly. Santana should not have one it but 2nd he should have had.
    Nathan had as good a year as Rivera? Come on, they ahd the same amount of saves but Mariano had a 1.38 ERA compared to 2.70 for Nathan, Nathan blew more saves in less innings pitched, gave up 9 more earned runs, and marinao had a .87 WHIP compated to .97 for Nathan. i'm not saying nathan isn't very good but he's not Mariano Rivera.

AAA ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom_of_Zito
    and that's his fault that he doesn't have ARod or Sheffield, or anyone that can hit? Santana would have been a 20 game winner easily with a decent offense.
    I remmeber hearing that Clemns would win 25 w/ the Yankee O in '99 and he won 14 and that RJ would win 20 easily w/ the Yankee bats behind him and he won 17. Our pen blows games too and our O doesn't always score alot of runs.

MLB ERA
    Only in a Yankee fans wet dream was Rivera a better pitcher than Santana this year.

AAA ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by MarinersFan87
    Only in a Yankee fans wet dream was Rivera a better pitcher than Santana this year.
    nah, Rivera sucks. he's overrated and has never been any good. What was I thinking? Obviously Santana going 160-7 on a 3rd place team was better than the guy who was lights out all year and was the glue to keep us together and help us win another AL East crown.

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc
    nah, Rivera sucks. he's overrated and has never been any good. What was I thinking? Obviously Santana going 160-7 on a 3rd place team was better than the guy who was lights out all year and was the glue to keep us together and help us win another AL East crown.
    Uh huh, it's Santana's fault that he was 16-7.

He was 2nd in the league in ERA and had the most K's by a wide margain. You can't give the Cy Young to a guy who pitches just 78.1 innings. Either way, a dominant starter is more important than a lights out closer.

MLB ERA
    i agree . what are you thinking of nyjunk? God you are such a homer. Santana was a dominating sp. Just did not get the wins. He lead several pitching catagories. Go and post that crap in a yankee board somewhere else. You might feel better there. IN no way should he have won it. Or got 2nd. The white soxs pitchers Garland and Garcia was much better than Rivera.
    Last edited by mntwinsfan; 11-09-2005 at 03:11 PM. Reason: ....
    KBSL - Atlanta Hawks
    Arizona gm - MSL

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast