Runners on second and third with 1 out.

TWINS GOTTA SCORE OR LEAD.

C'MON TORII!

AA ERA
    Tied Game!

4-4

Rbi Single By Torii!!!!!!!!!!!1

MLB ERA
    Nice to see. This is a pretty good game. Wish I could have been watching it.

AA ERA
    Mauer is out as he ran from third to home from WP.

Damn!

Still I am glad Joe run. You gotta take a chance.

Credit to Pudge getting Joe out.

Tied game at 4 heading to the ninth.

Great game so far.

I am going home. I will have my writeup on the game later tonight.

MLB ERA
    WTF Happened!?

AA ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynch
    Nice to see. This is a pretty good game. Wish I could have been watching it.
    I hope we can pull this one out.

I will be home in 35 minutes. I hope it's tied or the Twins win.

MLB ERA
    Twins win, 5-4 after Stewart knocked in Lew Ford in the bottom of the 9th.

New York Yankee Hater!!!! mntwinsfan's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Well we won 5-4. I just got home missed the game. I sure thought there would have been more of a game thread here.

Bartlett hit his first mlb homer!

Morneau on the 15 day dl. That could hurt us. I sure hope he get well in a hurry. Lecroy is no first baseman.

Mays I thought did not pitch well. Why did we not start Gassner? He was called up correct.?
    KBSL - Atlanta Hawks
    Arizona gm - MSL

AA ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by mntwinsfan
    Mays I thought did not pitch well. Why did we not start Gassner? He was called up correct.?
    Are you serious? Yeah he gave up couple of HRs, but overall he did a good job. He kept the team in the game. He got the big K's and got the DPs. He found a way to get out of jams.

For his first start, he did fine. I can't complain about him from watching the game.

Gassner just got called up. You can't expect him to start right away. Plus the Twins are going on a four-man rotation for two weeks. Mays was going to be the emergency starter and that's what happened.

As far as there would be more than a game thread, we don't have that many posters. It's just four people here. Lynch and I are starting all over again. I am trying my darnest to recruit people here. Rome wasn't built an day. It takes time. I hear the old MLBForum.com will be up soon. I hope to recruit those remaining posters here and go from there. I think Lynch and I did a very good job describing the play-by-play tonight. We left everything unstoned here tonight. If you can get some Twins fans here, bring them here and then we can get more than a game thread.

MLB ERA
    It'd be pretty cool to have a half dozen Twins fans (or anyone else for that matter) working a game thread together. I thought Steak did a good job of keeping up on the major events of the game. I was only able to watch on MLB.com via the gamecast thingy.

AA ERA
    We are going to get there for sure. Obviously, Kobe (Padres mod) got his posters to this new board successfully. Some didn't though. Yankees board has struggled with the lack of posters from the other board. Reds board was so big, but they haven't found their regulars to this board. Red Sox board was starting to grow till the admin wanted to shut it down. I am not happy about this, but I am not going to cry or whine. I am determined to get this board to be the place for Twins fans. I am working my butt off for sure.

I know where InsaneFishPosse is and I already showed him this link. He will come eventually. Right now, he is in Arizona for vacation. patriot obviously is busy with his personal life for him to come here. I have been searching through Google looking for Retrosixteen, who was my favorite poster along with Lynch and patriot, but I have not had any luck. Rest be sure though I will try to get her here. I am waiting for the other board to start opening up.

If anyone is that impatient about a lack of game thread or lack of energy at this board, I suggest that poster to get out of here and move to another Twins board where you can get lot of game thread and riveting Twins topics. I have some Twins message board links and I will be glad to show it to anyone who has a problem with the way this board is ran.

I appreciate your support, Lynch.

MLB ERA
    dang it Steak, I thoughtI was your favorite.

Oh well tossed aside again like a tater giving up my terry mullholand. lol

Just kidding
    Jason
    KBSL - Atlanta Hawks
    Arizona gm - MSL

MLB ERA
    why will they get that site back up? All the work the guys did to get this up and running. thenflforums.com is running again. I hope it does not open up. I lost a great Twins sig. Not happy about it or the fact the people at mlbforums could not post why they shut it down. Anyways..
    KBSL - Atlanta Hawks
    Arizona gm - MSL

MLB ERA
    pretty screwy b.s. situation all around man.

AA ERA
    Great game and a great win for the good guys tonight. Twins won in a thrilling fashion tonight in the ninth inning thanks to Shannon's GW big hit in centerfield as Lew scored for the Twins 5-4 win tonight. This was a very good win. You want to get something going in the division and it was a good statement tonight. To win back-to-back is very good.

This situation in the ninth would not have happened without the eighth inning. Twins were able to get some hits and walks thanks to Tigers setup guy Ugueth Urbina. Urbina was wild. He was throwing all over the place and he was throwing all balls out there. He just did not have it and the Twins were able to get some big hits. They did a good job making Urbina work and throw lot of pitches. It was a great approach that they did.

I know everyone will second-guess Joe Mauer running third to home on a wild pitch as he was out to end the threat in the eighth, but I am glad he did. He had a shot to be safe and it looked like he had a chance, but he was out. Give credit to Pudge Rodriguez for finding a way to retreive the ball and get to the home plate. You gotta take risk and I am glad Joe did. It's too bad that it did not work out. If he had to do it again, I would want him to do it again.

As frustrating as the offense was against Maroth, they never gave up and they found a way to get the big hits late in the game especially against the Tigers setup guy and the Tigers closer who has owned the Twins when he was the Angels closer in Troy Percival. Obviously, Trammell was going with Percival in the ninth in a tie game based on his track record against the Twins. That plan backfired. I am just glad they got a hit off Troy.

I thought Jason Bartlett and Michael Cuddyer had a very good game. Yeah they struggled in the beginning of this game, but they both came through with big HRs. They also were great defensively tonight. I think those two will get better defensively as the season progresses.

Speaking of Jason, he has done a very good job. He has been the Twins consistent hitter so far. He has done more than what Cristian has done offensively combined in the last two years.

Torii was solid tonight. I think that hit on Saturday will springboard to a very good season for him.

Joe Mauer has a lot of value to this team. One of his big values to the team is his on-base percentage. I swear he is always on base a lot. He finds a way to get there. That makes the Twins a better team for it.

I was very satisfied with our offense overall.

Joe Mays did a good job tonight. Yes, he gave up couple of homeruns, but overall he kept the team in the game and he gave the Twins a chance to tie it. He threw strikes. He got out of jams when he was in a jam. He found a way to get out of it. Joe is not going to be the guy he used to be in 2001 ever again. If he can be servicable and productive, that's good enough. A sign of a good pitcher is to get out of jams and that's what Joe is exactly done. I did not think he was that bad. A bad performance would be giving up hits like a drum or caving in when the going got tough. Joe never did that. He did a good job. Gardenhire and Rick Anderson was pleased with what Joe did out there. Joe can feel good about himself.

The pen did a great job. I thought Terry Mullholland was very good out there. He is going to be a huge part of our pen and I am glad Gardenhire put him in a tie game than a mopup game tonight. This is something Terry needed and I am glad he did a good job. Jesse did okay. I like what J.C. has done so far. He is on a groove. He was huge with his 4 Ks tonight. He give the Twins a chance for them to tie the game at 4. He could have put the game away, but tonight he was huge. Juan was huge.

A very good win tonight. Twins showed some character out there tonight in coming through with a big base hit after struggling in the first few innings. Joe Mays showed me something. The pen was huge.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345