Thread: 4/10/05: Whiney Sux/Twins

AA ERA

4/10/05: Whiney Sux/Twins

Twins will try to avoid being swept by the She-ca-go Whiney Sux on ESPN tonight. America will be watching since it's the Twins first Sunday night appearance since couple of years ago when the Twins played the Red Sox at the Dome.

ESPN got a very good matchup tonight as two of the best pitchers in the AL and in baseball sqaure off. For the She-ca-go Whiney Sux, it will be that jackass Mark Buherle on the mound tonight. I don't care for him especially for his comments on the Twins in September where he felt the team was not playoff-worthy or how the Twins would get swept by NY or how he whined about Torii's hit towards Jamie Burke. I am pretty sure it was him that commented about how the Twins celebrate as if they were a huge part of the 1991 success. It was so fun to see Mark got rocked in September and it couldn't happen to a nicer guy like Mark when he was the pitcher in the mound on the night the Twins clinched the AL Central last year. If there are two guys I don't care for in the division, it's Buherle and the gangsta, C.C. Sabathia. For the Twins, it will be the Johan Cy-tana. It will be his first home start of the year. Hopefully, he can one-up Buherle.

I personally expect some beanballs and brawls. I expect Buherle to go throw a pitch at Torii's head tonight. I really do. I don't think he or the Whiney Sux are over Torii's plummeling of Burke. They still want retribution so we will see.

This is a big game. I sure don't want to see the Twins get swept by those punks.

Buherle vs. Santana

AA ERA
    Johan put on a very good show tonight. He vowed the crowd with his pitching performance tonight. He was on fire right away and he just didn't stop. This was a beautiful performance from him. To do it in the sellout crowd is nice. To do it in front of your family is very nice. Johan's mother and father was at the game tonight. It was nice to really see them as they came all the way from Venzeula to see their wonderful son in the mound. It's a special feeling when someone does well in front of their parents or if you do well in front of their parents. I was so happy to see Johan do well in front of his mom and dad. Their parents should be very proud of their son.

Speaking of his parents, it's nice to see Johan's dad with the TC hat. I had a smile on my face when he wore it.

Torii came up big as he always does against the She-ca-go Whiney Sux. He hit a three-run HR off Mark Buherle and stole couple of bases. I think in the eighth, he went to steal bases to show the White Sox up because the game was out of hand. It was really good to see him snap out of his funk. He struggled this week, but to his credit, he came through. I hope this is a springboard to a very big season for him which I am expecting.

I tell ya what. It was so good to beat up Buherle AGAIN and Twins fans let him know it at the Dome tonight. Now Whiney Sux fans and Buherle can't go pat themselves in the back anymore for stoning the Twins. Twins have figured him out IMO. In the Twins last three starts against him, they have hit him good especially Torii. This is a very good sign when the Twins face this guy. Buherle is good, but it's not like the Twins should be in awe or scared. They can hit him and they know how to beat him. After years of struggling against Mussina and Buherle, it's good to figure him out.

The bullpen was super too. Juan and Joe did a great job taking care of business. Did you saw how Nathan just stonecold the White Sox? WOW!

She-ca-go had a 2-0 lead and Johan was hittable in the first, but you just got that feeling tonight that the lead would change. Everytime Johan is on the mound, something good always happens to the Twins. You just knew something good would happen and Torii came through. It's like the Good Lord wants Johan to have that fortune.

The Whiney Sux was whiffing, whiffing, and whiffing away. I would say "He Gone" after the White Sox hitters strikeout. "He Gone" is a phrase that Ken Harrelson would always say whenever the Whiney Sux pitcher strike the other team's hitters out.

Just a great win. It was good not to get swept. Sure it stinks to lose to the bad guys, but it's very early to panic. You just tip your hat to those guys for this weekend. Give them credit as they got it done this weekend. Still as Brad Radke said yesterday, it's April. There is no need to panic. I still think the Twins are a better team than the She-ca-go Whiney Sux.

MLB ERA
    I only saw some of this game, but what I -did- see was pretty sweet. Johan looked great in the innings I saw. I saw that early lead and went... ugh, but Johan figured it out and pitched a pretty damn good game. Good to see since he's our #2 guy ( ) and our #1 guy is 0-2 with a 126.83 ERA right now. (I better shut up before I really get started on that one).

AA ERA
    Watching Johan for the next four years could be something to remember if he keeps this up. Watching him is an event. I just keep telling myself how lucky I am watching this kid pitch every five days and how lucky I am to watch this team. He is a special pitcher. There won't be pitchers like him. He is a one of a kind.

The one thing that impresses me about him is that he is such a nice kid. Very humble. That's a trait you don't see in athletes in professional sports, minor league, and even in youth sports anymore. He is refreshing.

As for Brad, I have this bad feeling that he may not have a great year. I sure as hell hope I am wrong. If he falters this year, the Twins are not winning the AL Central. It's bad enough losing Carlos for likely the year and I have zero faith in Kyle or Joe Mays in getting it done. They need Brad to perform. He is not fooling anyone in his first two starts. As bad as the hitters were in the sixth inning with the bases loaded, Brad should have sucked it up and found a way to throw strikes instead of being deflated.