Thread: Could Bob Kurtz be the Twins radio guy next year?

AA ERA

Could Bob Kurtz be the Twins radio guy next year?

Reading Judd Zuglad's column in the Strib Friday, he mentioned that the Twins may have big plans for him after his stint as the PA guy is over when the season ends. With Herb Carneal most likely retiring after this year, there could be a vacancy in the radio booth. I would love to see Bob call Twins games on the radio. I enjoyed listening to him on the radio for the Wild gamee. He was awesome in his first year as the PBP of the Wild. He always called a good game. I think he would be a great addition to the booth.

I rather listen to him than Gordon or Carneal.

MLB ERA
    Carneal is another mainstay with the twins, just like Casey was as an announcer for 40+ years. I grew up listening to Carneal and Gordon. Carneal is a freakin' legend as far as baseball announcers go. At least with Carneal, it's been a slow winddown. He wasn't here today, gone tomorrow. He hasn't travelled with the team for a couple of years now, and he's split time with Gordon for years. Both of them have lost a few steps when it comes to announcing. Gordon is half blind I think, but I still enjoy listening to him. Carneal just doesn't have the zest for the game like he used to.

AA ERA
    Lynch: Obviously I never got to hear Herb in his heyday, but listening to him do home games last year via MLB.TV, he had no enthauism or interest. He just seemed like he was going through the motions and at times, he did not seem to pay attention. He did not seemed like he was having fun either.

MLB ERA
    Yah, he's done. Too old to continue on doing it. Carneal is too old and Gordon is half blind, so it can make for an interesting game to listen to, if you aren't watching it at the same time. And if you -are- watching and listening to them? Haha, all you can do is say "WTF?" every once in a while.

AA ERA
    Gordon looks like a nerd too with that stupid vest and eyeglasses.

He looks like an English teacher with his wardrobe.