Thread: Twins @ Royals (08/29/05)

MLB ERA

Twins Twins @ Royals (08/29/05)

After a pretty good middle of the month in August where the Twins were the hottest team in baseball to suddenly dropping 4 of the last 5 games and we are suddenly 12.5 back in the ALC and suddenly 5.5 games back in the wild card race.

They gave us hope and then their bats went silent.

Tonight we open a 3 game series at Kauffman Stadium in KC. Also tonight, we see Baker replacing Joe Mays in the rotation. Mays has been dumped into the bullpen as he's been pretty poor (all year really).

so, tonight the matchup is Baker (1-1, 2.77 ERA) vs Carrasco (5-7, 4.88 ERA) in a 7:10 game (CT).

MLB ERA

Twins

Wow, great outting by the kid Scott Baker tonight in his first night back in the rotation, having taken Joe Mays spot. Pitched 7 solid innings giving up only 1 run on 4 hits and 5 K's. Unfortunately, it wasn't enough for the win since the Twins bats were dead most of the night and the game was 1-1 at the end of regulation.

In the top of the 10th, Bartlett walked (moved to 2nd on a wild pitch) and Ryan walked. With one out, Punto doubled to deep left center and both Ryan and Bartlett scored. (mauer was intentionally walked and morneau hit into a double play to end the inning) but that was enough.

Twins win 3-1.

Rincon gets the win and Nathan gets the save (#33 for him). Nathan pitched another solid closeout inning by striking out the first guy, then Denny (how the hell is this guy still employed in MLB) Hocking grounded to Nathan who threw him out at first and then Stairs grounded out to first. Signed, sealed, delivered.... 1-2-3.

Way to go Twins. Any win on the road is a good one, even if it was only KC.

MLB ERA
    BTW: The Twins gain a game in the division (pretty meaningless by this point now) and are only 11 gb of Chicago who lost their second game in a row tonight after a four game winning streak to end last week (2 wins @ MN and 2 wins @ SEA).

For the Wild card "race", the Twins may never catch Cleveland who won again tonight (they've been hot the past month!). Both Cle and NYY won tonight and the Yanks hold a 1/2 game lead over the Tribe and also the Angels who lost tonight in TB. Twins are 5 full GB in the WC race.

New York Yankee Hater!!!! mntwinsfan's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    nice to see you still are around Lynch. Me I kind of gave up. Useless for me to put in effort here if no one is around. Would have been nice if you would have answered my emails or pm. Anyway's oh nevermind. Useless to ask but where is steak?
    KBSL - Atlanta Hawks
    Arizona gm - MSL

Rookie ERA
    I liked Baker's stuff - he looked solid they just couldn't score any runs for him. But that's the pattern this season!

Great win in the end for the Twins. Nice to see Punto finally come through. He had a rough night at the plate otherwise.

Go Twins.

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by mntwinsfan
    nice to see you still are around Lynch. Me I kind of gave up. Useless for me to put in effort here if no one is around. Would have been nice if you would have answered my emails or pm. Anyway's oh nevermind. Useless to ask but where is steak?
    Check your PMs