Thread: Twins vs Mariners (08/21/05)

MLB ERA

Twins vs Mariners (08/21/05)

Twins hosted the Mariners for the 4th game in the series today. Twins won the first two games convincingly and then choked something fierce in the 10th inning of game 3. Today we saw Radke face Pinerio for a Sunday afternoon game.

Of course, right off the bat, Radke gives up his obligatory home run in the first inning to Ibanez but the Twins saved his face and scored the tying run in the bottom of the first. Then things were quiet for a couple of innings and the M's came back with a 2-run, 2-out homer in the top of the 4th inning to Dobbs. In the bottom of the 5th, the Twins went nuts again and for the second time in 3 days, Lew Ford hit a 3 run homer with two outs.

Twins scored 6 runs in the 5th inning and another in the 6th inning to seal the deal.... Twins had 15 hits today and took the 4 game series from the M's with a score of 8-3.

Great job by the Twins. And Lew!? Leeeeeeeeeeeeeeeewwwwwwwww!!!!! What a weekend he's been having!!!!

Rookie ERA
    Great game by the Twins! Good to see everyone playing hard.

What can be said about Lew?!!?? He has been awesome and the defense hasn't skipped a beat since filling in for Torii.

I'm cautiously optimistic about their chances and looking forward to great baseball in September. I'll be at Jacobs Field for the 3 games series with the Indians - wish me luck!

Go Twins!!!

MLB ERA
    I liked the pitch that Nageotte was ejected on. Ump still won't admit after the game that he sucks balls and still thinks that Clint was throwing at Lew. And if any of you watched the whole series, can you please explain this quote by Grover:

"The umpire absolutely, totally overreacted," Hargrove said. "He's not throwing at anybody, least of all Lew Ford. If we throw at somebody, we'd throw at Joe Mauer."

Why would we throw at Mauer?

MLB ERA
    personally, I'd like to know why they throw at anyone, but that's another topic entirely.

I'd say they'd throw at mauer cuz he's one of the best hitters on the team and he's a damn solid catcher. Putting Matty LeCroy in for him at C after Mauer gets clocked and is knocked out would make for good base stealing for nearly any team.

MLB ERA
    I don't think he would come out and say that because Mauer is a good hitter, I was wondering if he did something this series.

MLB ERA
    Threw out a couple of runners. That's the worst I saw.