Thread: Twins vs Mariners (08/20/05)

MLB ERA

Twins Twins vs Mariners (08/20/05)

The Twins won the second game in the four game series last night off the heroics of Lew Ford's 7th inning, 3-run HR which got the dome roaring. This broke the 4-4 and proved to be the final score.... 7-4.

Tonight, the Twins take the field an hour earlier than normal (6:10 CT) and try to extend their 6-game winning streak with another win over the M's.

Pitching matchup: Lohse (8-11, 4.17 ERA) vs Hernandez (2-1, 0.86 ERA). This is the same exact matchup from 2 weeks ago in Seattle where Hernandez pitched a shutout and earned his first careern big league win (and at home as well). Both guys pitched a solid game that night in the 0-1 M's win over the Twins. Hopefully tonight will be a different story with a more favorable outcome for the Twins. This kid Hernandez is looking very good. In three outtings, he's given up 11 hits in 21 innings and only 3 runs, 3 walks and 21 strikeouts .

The Twins bats need to stay alive tonight to get through this kid. Right now the Twins are the hottest team in baseball with a 6 game winning streak and having won 8 of their last 10 matchups. All good things come to an end, but let's hope it's not tonight.

Go TWINS!

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Loshe was awesome in his last start when i saw him in Seattle vs King Felix. The M's need to be able to get hits off of this guy. They got lucky in the 7th inning with back to back hits. Before that they did nothing. In fact, I turned to the guys behind me in the 6th and said we might be here a while, like 14 innings of 0-0 baseball. The Twins have to figure out a way to stop giving away chances to do damage. Felix got out of 2 bases loaded jams in that game.
    2003 Hybrid World Champion (115-47 reg season, 11-4 playoffs)

TBL: Anaheim Angels 2006-present (238-244 regular season, 1 division title)
    MSL: St Louis Cardinals 2013-present (2734-2936 regular season, 5 division titles, 2 championships)
    TSSL: Seattle Mariners 2006-2029, Pittsburgh Pirates 2030-present (209-277, 5 division titles w/SEA, 1 championship w/SEA)

MLB ERA
    Felix Hernandez cannot be hit. He is the second coming of Jesus. Only with a much larger ass.

MLB ERA
    Got hit tonight and 2 first inning runs. But yes, he's a hell of a pitcher from what I've seen/read so far.

Now I have a question for ya. Where the HELL did he come from. No college. Undrafted. Where the hell did the M's find him?

MLB ERA
    Signed him out of Venezuela. The M's make up for their weak drafting with the best out of country signings in baseball. Felix, Jose Lopez, Choo, Betancourt, Cabrera, Balentin, and others are all big time prospects that did not cost the team draft picks.

MLB ERA
    Nice implosion by the Twins in the 10th.

MLB ERA
    what in the HELL happened?!?!?!