Thread: Twins vs Mariners (08/19/05)

MLB ERA

Twins Twins vs Mariners (08/19/05)

Twins have been playing and pitching (for the most part) pretty well for the past week. Sure would be nice to see it continue as they host the M's tonight at the Dome. Last night, they beat the M's 7-3. During this past week, they've closed the gap on the division as well as the WC chase.

Tonight, we have game 2 of a 4 game series.

Pitching matchup: Silva (7-6, 3.33 ERA) vs Meche (10-8, 5.22 ERA)

Go Twins!

MLB ERA

Twins

Taking the kids to the game tonight. My son got to meet Jesse Crain earlier today. Got a baseball signed and he also brought in my glove that happened to be in the truck and got that signed. Kinda cool cuz it says "To Lynch - Go Twins" and then he signed it as well.

Plus, he gave my son a handful of tickets, so I'm gonna take the wife and kids downtown to the game tonight.

GO TWINS!

MLB ERA
    Well, that was a fun game tonight. Leeeeeeeeeeeeewwwwwwwwww! Knocking out that 3 run shot in the 7th was pretty sweet and Nathan mowing them down in the 9th was well as a pretty steady Silva tonight. Fun game to go to. I was planning on staying home and watching the Vikes game, but I'm definitely glad we went to the game. nice seats off to the right of home plate on the first base line.

Twins take the first 2 from the M's series and have now won 6 games in a row.

Nice job!

MLB ERA

Twins Old School Twins

There was something that we missed before last night's game when we went. Took my wife forever and a day to get ready so we didn't even get to the Dome until about 20 minutes before the game and this was already over:

• Minnesota is celebrating the 40th anniversary of their first World Series appearance this weekend. The Twins lost in the 1965 World Series to the Los Angeles Dodgers. Highlighting the weekend will be the reunion of many of the living members of that team, including Dave Boswell, Jim "Mudcat" Grant, Jim Kaat, Harmon Killebrew, Jerry Kindall, Andy Kosco, Frank Kostro, Jim Lemon, Jim Merritt, Don Mincher, Hal Naragon, Mel Nelson, Joe Nossek, Tony Oliva, Jim Perry, Frank Quilici, Rich Reese, Rich Rollins, Gary Roggenburk, John Sevcik, Dick Stigman, Sandy Valdespino and Al Worthington. On Friday, there was a pregame ceremony featuring the top moments from the 1965 season. Sunday there will be a pregame celebration of the 1965 All-Star game, which was hosted by Minnesota at the old Metropolitan Stadium. ...

All of those guys were signing autographs as well. That would have been pretty cool to get some of those autographs. Alas, we were too late.