Thread: 4/9/05: Whiney Sux/Twins

AA ERA

4/9/05: Whiney Sux/Twins

Twins will go back to work after being stymied by El Duque last night. They can't be any worse for sure.

Brad Radke will start for the Twins. Here's hoping he does better in this outing.

I have no clue who will start for the Whiney Sux. I hear Jon Garland is hurting so that punk Mark Buherle could be pitching. I would love to see Buherle pitch. I can't wait to see the Twins beat the crap out of him like I saw in September at She-ca-go and at the Dome.

Tonight is Johan Santana Night. Johan will received the Cy Young by Frank Viola. That should be something Johan is looking forward. BTW, it was nice to see him get a huge ovation last night by the Twins fans.

Tonight is also Wild PBP's announcer Bob Kurtz's debut as the Twins PA guy. He will be the late Bob Casey's replacement at least for this year. I hope he does well and I am sure he will do well.

Garland vs. Radke

I will be on tonight for the gamethread so I hope to see you folks out here tonight.
    Last edited by Steak; 04-09-2005 at 09:39 PM.

MLB ERA
    maybe we'll get lucky and Radke won't actually start the game, and won't come in until say, the 3rd inning. Let him pitch in the bullpen for the first 2 innings, pretending to be allowing HRs off the first few hitters and then once he's settled down in the 3rd, bring him in to play the next 5 innings.

Steak, I'll see if I can be on for the gamethread tonight. Can't guarantee it, but we'll see.

AA ERA
    A very dissapointing loss tonight. Twins offense did nothing tonight. What else is new? Twins hitters were hitting more into the infield as they were grounding out a lot and grounding into DP. It was rare that they hit flyballs or hit past the infield. Justin Morneau was clearly missed in this series.

It was nice to get something going against Jon Garland in the middle innings as Twins were getting some hits. Jon Garland got hit hard in the fifth inning as he gave up the first two hits and then Shannon hit a three-run HR to tie the game at 3. Jon Garland got into a jam in the sixth inning, but unfortunately the Twins grounded into a DP to end the threat. That was the turning point in this game IMO and if Justin Morneau was here, it would be a different situation had he was batting with runners in scoring position. I just knew the Twins blew themselves an opportunity to win had they not go the big hit in the sixth inning because there was no way Jon Garland was pitching in the seventh. This was an opportunity to get him out of the game for good, but Garland found a way to swim instead of sinking.

Right after the sixth, I knew Brad would give up a HR. I just had that feeling and it came through when Timo Perez hit a HR to give the bad guys the lead. I just knew that it was over after that. Then, Jesse Crain and J.C. opened the floodgates for the She-ca-go Whiney Sux.

TM pitched the rest of the way as he mopped up. He did good except for that HR he gave up.

As for Brad, he was alright. He kept the team in the game after a rough start. He retired 11 in a row, but again, you had a feeling something bad was happening after that disastarous sixth inning for the Twins.

The only guy that played well tonight was Lew Ford and that was it. He had three hits in the game.

I am really disturbed about our offense. To make Jon Garland look like Tom Glavine is not very good at all. To hit the ball to the infielders is not very good either. That was a very bad performance by the Twins hitters.

I was okay with last night's loss. Tonight's loss is really disturbing

AA ERA
    I gotta second-guess Gardenhire. In the Twins web site today, Gardy mentioned how Brad felt deflated when the Twins could not score a run in the bottom of the sixth with the bases loaded. If that was the case, why in the world did Gardy not to take Brad out if Brad felt deflated. Isn't a manager's job is to go make a gut decision? If Gardy felt that way, why didn't he take Brad out. If he didn't feel that way, then why call Brad out about being deflated.

This is so freaking stupid on Gardy's part on both sides of his mouth.