Thread: Twins vs Mariners (08/18/05)

MLB ERA

Twins Twins vs Mariners (08/18/05)

Twins host Seattle tonight at the Dome for the first game in a 3 game series. The Twins are coming off a sweep of the division leading White Sox, including a 16 inning marathon as well as last night's great outting by Santana who flirted with a No-hitter through 6 innings.

On the mound tonight:

Mays (5-8, 5.03 ERA) vs Franklin (6-12 4.99 ERA).

With these two guys on the mound, we could easily expect a 7-9 run game tonight. Hopefully the Twins bats are awake and alive tonight.

Go Twins

New York Yankee Hater!!!! mntwinsfan's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    they need to keep going with the wins. Chicago is due to lose 2 more in a row. After what we did to them I think they will not play well for a couple more games. We need to beat up on the M's and get the win streak to 7 games.

Go Twins
    KBSL - Atlanta Hawks
    Arizona gm - MSL

New York Yankee Hater!!!! mntwinsfan's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    only 4 games out on the wild card. Hunter I hope will be back soon. What is his status? For a team I have really been down on the season is not over yet. We just need to win at least 2 of 3 from the M's.
    KBSL - Atlanta Hawks
    Arizona gm - MSL

MLB ERA
    Good game by the Twins tonight. Beating the M's 7-3. Twins jumped out to an early lead of 3-0 in the first inning. By the middle of the 3rd, the M's tied it up. Twins then scored another in the bottom of the 3rd, 6th and 2 in the 8th inning. Hardly a good pitching game with Mays giving up 9 hits in 6 innings but luckily he only gave up the 3 runs.

But the Twins bats. That's what the good news is here (aside from the win of course). Lecroy hits a 2 run shot in the first inning (with 2 outs to top it off). Stewart went 4-5 tonight. Mauer, Abernathy and Ford all had 2 hits as well. The team still stranded 9 guys, but at least the bats were collectively awake tonight.

Good win by the Twins tonight. White sox had the night off, so we gain a 1/2 game on the division. Of course Cleveland kicked the snot out of the Rangers so we're still behind them in the WC chase.

Rookie ERA
    Great game by the Twins last night. Good to see Mays settle down a bit after the 1st inning. He was pretty shakey but got out of jams.

Nice to see the bats swinging and hitting the ball - how about Shannon Stewart! Another 4 hit night for him - yeaaaaa!

Let's hope they can keep this up for the remainder of the homestand.

Go Twins!