Thread: Boston VS Twins weekend series.

New York Yankee Hater!!!! mntwinsfan's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Boston VS Twins weekend series.

Well this is a must win series. Really need to sweep Boston for any chance at getting back into playoff race. If you don't win the series are chances are just about over for a chance at the playoffs.

With no one new and hitting sucks we have alot of work to do to make the playoffs.

Radke pitches tonight. Please be the Rade of old. Not th 6 - 10 one.

Go Twins
    KBSL - Atlanta Hawks
    Arizona gm - MSL

Wow, Radke is owning the Sox and Lew Ford's being Torii Hunter-lite in CF. Day-amn, of course, bad defense on the Sox part led to a lot of those 7 runs.
    http://strike3forums.com/forums/phot...pelbon2006.jpg

Then out of fairness to the others you will be Slagathor.

MLB ERA
    12-0 Twins win whoohooooo. What happened Radke pitched and well the bats broke out. Gardy must have been fired for all this firepower to take place. Radke did not give up a run, yet a homerun..

my prayer was answered. Radke is not a bum....

GO TWINS
    KBSL - Atlanta Hawks
    Arizona gm - MSL

MLB ERA
    I finally got out of the house last night without kids/wife/etc and went to a buddy's place to swill some brew and watch the Twins kick the crap out of Boston!

What a fun game. I found myself saying "Torii who!? Torii WHO?!"

Seriously, Lew had a career night (for him) Radke scared me in the first inning but settled down and pitched one of his best games in a long time. I wish we could see that from him on a more normal basis. I'll comment more later. Got some stuff to do with the kids. Just wanted to chime in on the great win last night!

MLB ERA
    Here's some notes from last night's game (and some notes from the week) to sit and ponder:

Minnesota scored a season-high 12 runs in Friday's win over Boston. They also tied season highs with 16 hits and seven extra-base hits. ... The Twins have had six straight quality starts. The starters are just 1-1 with a 2.36 ERA in those outings. ... Brad Radke's win was the first from a starter since Johan Santana beat the New York Yankees on July 27. ... Of the 34 baserunners that he has inherited, LHP J.C. Romero has allowed 15 to score. Romero has allowed six of his last eight inherited runners to score and is 0-1 with a 13.50 ERA in his last six appearances overall.

That could be the worst defensive display I've seen this year in the 9th. OK, groundball to third base to start off, Mueller throws it away and Cuddyer starts going to second on the error, Millar gets it and throws it away again but Cuddyer stays at 2nd. Next thing, Punto lays down a bunt. Timlin grabs it, throws it away to third.

Wow. Wow. Wow.

MLB ERA
    Twins win u forgot to post that part 4-3. Another must win game. We have won the first 2. Good game after being behind 3-0. Twins rally score 3 to tie and 1 in the bottom of the 9th for the Win.

Go Twins
    KBSL - Atlanta Hawks
    Arizona gm - MSL

Couldn't someone figure it out even though I got a couple details wrong

Millar = Petatgine
    Third = First.

Once Timlin throws it away on a bunt, you'll need Ernie Lombardi for the runner not to score.

MLB ERA
    lol. That was good.
    KBSL - Atlanta Hawks
    Arizona gm - MSL

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishercat
    That could be the worst defensive display I've seen this year in the 9th. OK, groundball to third base to start off, Mueller throws it away and Cuddyer starts going to second on the error, Millar gets it and throws it away again but Cuddyer stays at 2nd. Next thing, Punto lays down a bunt. Timlin grabs it, throws it away to third.

Wow. Wow. Wow.
    I dunno, could it be worse than the first inning of last night's asswhuppin'?! I watched it the first time and then the replay came on FSN in the middle of the night and I watched it again with utter amazement. Damon completely missing the ball (thing landed past his right shoulder and he was looking left with glove stretched out left)... the play at first where no one was there ... piss poor throw to 2nd by the pitcher which resulted in 2 or three runs coming in?

I didn't see tonight's 9th inning, but I have a hard time believing that it was worse than the beginning of yesterday's game for the Sox.

At least they got out of the first inning alive, sort of. This one was just bang-bang done. Damon misplayed a fly ball (and in the Twinkie Box, that's easy), Arroyo made one bad throw and a missed coverage. This was a potential three errors in two plays.