Thread: 4/8/05: Whiney Sux/Twins

AA ERA

4/8/05: Whiney Sux/Twins

Tonight is the night. I am so pumped for tonight. It's a big night in Minneapolis with the Twins starting the home opener against the She-ca-go Whiney Sux and the Timberwolves battling for their playoff lives against the Nuggets in a do or die game. I am pretty sure the fans in Minnesota will be keeping an eye on both games.

I am amped. With the home opener and the fact the Whiney Sux are in town, how could anyone not be excited. This is an golden opportunity to make a statement this weekend. The Whiney Sux are 2-1, but I ain't impressed one bit. Their offense hasn't done much and I doubt it will be any better with Carlos Lee being traded and Magglio Ordonez being gone as a free agent. Twins are the better team and it will show all year long.

Tonight is the return of A.J. A.J. spent some good years for the Twins. Yeah he was a pain in the rearend, but he also was a guy that got lot of hits. I am curious to see whether he gets booed or not. I say he may get booed because he is wearing a Whiney Sux jersey and fans rarely cheer for fan favorite that wears an enemy jersey. I hope he gets an ovation at least for one at-bat and then that's it.

This is a big start for Kyle Lohse. He needs to show that he is a lot better than last year and he needs to get deep in the game this year. He was so bad last year. I won't have much patience with him this season so he better do well when he starts. I am dissapointed Joe Mays is not starting in this home opener. He is more deserving than Lohse. If Kyle stinks it up early, I will start calling for Scott Baker. I am dissapointed that Kyle is in the team, but he is here so I will support him and hope he does well.

El Duque vs. Lohse

There is no way I am gonna miss this game, I wish I had tickets to it but oh well.

I pray we whip the Soxs 20-0 and Hunter smacks into AJ like he did to Burke. While I like AJ he is now an enemy.

I think Lohse is gonna go 6 innings and give up 1 ER and 2 unearned runs. Then after 2 good starts he is gonna snowball from getting rattled.

AA ERA
    From reading the KFAN Twins board, El Duque is mowing them down.

Lohse was alright, but he could not get out of a jam in the fifth and that's why I will never have confidence in this guy. He gets rattles so easily.

AA ERA
    A dissapointing home opener loss tonight by the Twins, but I also had this loss in the calender with Kyle pitching so I can't be too dissapointed.

El Duque pitched a very good game tonight as he mowed the Twins down. It was similiar to what Jamie Moyer did on Opening Day to the Twins. He is a very good pitcher as I saw with the Yankees so it was a good pickup by the Whiney Sux.

I thought Kyle did okay, but he had a rough sixth inning. He was starting to get hit hard and the Whiney Sux hitters started to figure him out after that. He has to continue to learn how to go deeper than just five innings.

Joe Mays was alright.

Good to see Guerrier do well in relief.

Jason Bartlett was the only guy that showed up in the lineup for the Twins.

Oh well! Let's go get em tommorow and Sunday. I expect the Twins to win the series.

AA ERA
    Patrick Reusse can be so full of it and so antagonizing. He spent his column today ripping Twins fans for booing A.J. A.J. got some boos, but he also got a warm welcome by the fans. If he was booed, it was because he wore the Whiney Sux uniform. Nothing more. There was nothing personal, but being the antagonizer that Patrick is, he decided to focus more on the few boos just to rip MN sports fans. Sometimes Patrick's act can get real old.