Thread: Twins cut Brett Boone..

New York Yankee Hater!!!! mntwinsfan's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Twins cut Brett Boone..

Failed to do anything for us. So he was cut today. To bad I thought he could have made us go. Did not happen. Jason Bartlett was called up today.

We lose 2-1 today. 4 games behind the A's for wildcard.

Hunter's ankle broken out till at least Septmeber.

We are in serious trouble.

Jason
    KBSL - Atlanta Hawks
    Arizona gm - MSL

Rookie ERA
    with Hunter out and a hole at 2nd you guys are definatelyt hurting.

But you are the twins despite small payroll and injuries you always slither your way into the playoffs.

MLB ERA
    Not this year. They are just not looking good

When the pitching is good, they bats suck
    when the bats are wide awake, the pitching sucks.

Santana pitched a damn good game today and still gets the loss, 2-1. Thats the way the last 2+ months have been for this club. It's tough to watch/read/listen to.

Rookie ERA
    I'm really sick and tired of these one run losses especially when Twins pitchers pitch a damn good game.

Last night's game didn't give them many opportunities to score since the A's pitching staff kept the bats more silent than normal.

Not a surprise that Boone is gone. He did absolutely nothing for the Twins. I do believe his career is over - too bad.

I didn't have a good feeling at the beginning of the season with such a young and unestablished infield and my instincts are being proven correct. Even though Morneau had a 1/2 season last year he still needs to work on his defense (I'll leave his hitting alone - that's another subject altogether!). There are too many times that he seems to be throwing the ball before he gets to dig it out and it goes right by him. Focus!

2nd base has been another weak point but again we knew that going into the season. Rivas just doesn't seem to get it - he needed to play hard and play consistant baseball and he didn't do that. I like Castro at short but 2nd and 3rd base are still open for discussion. No one has really played there on a regular basis for me to get used to.

I've not given up - I still root for the Twins but I'm not expecting any miracles this year. And I don't blame Gardy and I don't blame Ullger - they are doing the best they can with such a young squad.

Let's go Twins!

New York Yankee Hater!!!! mntwinsfan's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    I blame gardy also blame Ulger more. He is the hitting coach! Get the ladies to hit or bench them and find someone who wants to play. I am so sick of the lack of effort this team has put out. We could do better than this player now. We would play hard and earn the money these guys just seem not to care.
    KBSL - Atlanta Hawks
    Arizona gm - MSL

Rookie ERA
    Blaming the coaches and manager is simply ridiculous. The team is in a team-wide slump - poor timing this late in the season but it happens. It isn't just one player it is the entire squad. The pitchers are holding their own but they can't contribute any more than they already have if the position players aren't scoring them any runs.

You had to see this coming with the inexperience of the infield at the start of the year. They are playing the best they can but they just didn't have the time to gel as a unit. We can't seem to get the clutch hits when they are needed but we are getting scattered hits. Don't judge the entire team on one or two players and/or the staff - they are doing what they can, I see the effort.

MLB ERA
    DG: Thing is, when the entire team is in a funk, you have to look at the guy(s) leading that team. That's the manager and the coaches. I don't think the problem lies in the pitching coach(s), but I firmly believe that both Gardy and Ulleger must go! Neither one deserves the position they are in and their track record proves it. Had the ALC not been so sappy and crappy for the past 3 years, the Twins probably wouldn't have won any of those divisional titles. Definitely all three. Gardy is a bad manager who makes really really stupid gametime decisions and in-game decisions. Ulleger would be lucky to be a batting coach on a little league team if it weren't for being buds with Gardy.