Thread: problem here why did we not......?

New York Yankee Hater!!!! mntwinsfan's Avatar
    MLB ERA

problem here why did we not......?

Why in the heck did we not get Joe Randa? Yet alone we could have had a shot at Phil Nevin! What is Terry Ryan doing? Why not pull the trigger for a good player that would have helped us in a huge way.

Ryan because of the old bastard Polad wont spend! If we are going to win this we needed a 3rd basemen. God Nevin would have looked great in a Twins uniform.

God please remove Polad and put someone in who is not scared to spend money. Who is left out there? The boston deal? Is that it or is there something else out there I have not see yet?

So upset with how Polad spends his money. He needs to take it out of his ass and spend it. How many Millions or Billions is this rich SOB worth!
    KBSL - Atlanta Hawks
    Arizona gm - MSL

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Supposedly the Twins were interested but the offer wasn't good enough for the Reds. I heard it was essentially Lohse for Randa (and maybe a prospect) and the Reds wanted more. Who knows how true that is though.

MLB ERA
    Damn I wish that would have happened. That SOB Lohse i would have packed his bags for him, then kicked his butt out. I think that the Reds may have wanted a Liarno or baker type guy. We would never make that move, but we do have other specs sp that are ready. So if you see anything further of the twins reds talks post.

Thanks.
    KBSL - Atlanta Hawks
    Arizona gm - MSL

MLB ERA

Twins

Quote Originally Posted by mntwinsfan
    How many Millions or Billions is this rich SOB worth!
    Just an FYI: Carl Pohlad is the richest owner in all of MLB. What's he worth? At last count (if I recall correctly) was something around $2.4 billion.

Hope that brightens your day. I know I love the guy!

MLB ERA
    I say lets shoot him. he has all the money why cant he spend it. Just pisses me off how cheap he is. He only signed Santana because if he would not there would be alot of pissed off fans and the gate revenue would be very little, the fans would stay away is my thought.

Why Carl Why? spend some of your billions! You jackass you or your family will never spend it all. Better yet use your money and lets build a new outdoor baseball stadium!

Carl know the team needs a player more and then we will contend. Must be Bill Miller or Muller i can't remember the name. He may hit for a good average but what about hrs and rbis?
    KBSL - Atlanta Hawks
    Arizona gm - MSL

Rookie
    Down in Kokomo, where we'll get there fast and then we'll take it slow.
    Rookie ERA
    He's one of the owners who seem to view this game as a business. Who can blame him? It's tough to call when it's not your millions being spent. But even though it appears like I am defending him, I am really not. I wish we can get rid of those owners and get owners who care about the city, the team and it's fans. You know, baseball fans. A guy who see's his team in need, close to the playoffs and pulls the trigger. As much as I hate the free spending of "The Boss" in New York, I do wish that some owners had just a bit of his love for the game and his team. Baseball would be more exciting as a result.

The Twins to me are a classic example of a team that could very well run away with their division if the owner had just allowed a 10 or 15 million dollar rise in payroll to acquire an impact player or two. Wouldn't Pohlad learn after awhile? This team has been so close to making a serious run to the World Series IMO and no huge moves have been made to virtually gurantee that. Oh well, at least they kept Santana for you all.

Hopefully the Twins can get the player they need before next Sunday.

MLB ERA
    hey philly,
    thanks for the response

Polad did raise payroll with the Santana and Radke deals. I think it might have been 10 million or so. You are right every year we are close but not close enough. We have 1 of the best farm systems, poland and ryan I guess that is there moto build from within. To me we need before the deadline a big move like the Stewart deal a couple years back.

Damn I would have loved Nevin in a Twins lineup. Stupid Polad. Sit on that money till you cant' spend it no more.
    KBSL - Atlanta Hawks
    Arizona gm - MSL

Rookie
    Down in Kokomo, where we'll get there fast and then we'll take it slow.
    Rookie ERA
    Yep, I know that payroll increased but that was just keeping the pieces of the puzzle together, there was still a piece or two missing though as you know.

Funny you should mention the Stewart deal. When typing my last response I was trying to think of the last big deadline move the Twins pulled and that was all that I could recall.

MLB ERA
    Stewart was one of our best moves at the trade deadline ever. He still is producing and playing great ball.
    KBSL - Atlanta Hawks
    Arizona gm - MSL

MLB ERA
    I heard the tail end of Bararro (sp) on KFAN late this afternoon talking about who they should go after, but I missed the name.

I certainly wish Pohlad/Ryan and company could go back into the books and see two world series runs that we made (87/91) and realize that both of those years, we picked up that veteran slugger who provided an offensive bat as well as some leadership (Baylor and Davis respectively). I've been saying it for the past 3 years that we need it. When will those guys figure it out!?

*sigh*

Pohlad is the Anti-Steinbrenner.
    "Players can't get better over time." -GiantsFanatic

MLB ERA
    I know, which really sucks considering he's the richest owner in all of MLB!!!!

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    Welcome to the Carl as an owner hate club. Carl Lindner is a billionare himself and is just as cheap. He did, come up with some money this past offseason, but that was a huge shock. So, now we are introduced to a GM that did not spend the money well enough after the owner opened his wallet a little. So, we may have that cheap owner once again as he will not trust his hired GM any longer.

Welcome to the club Twins fans!

MLB ERA
    Ahh, we've been part of teh club for nearly 15 years. Really sucks. I gotta say, I don't make habit of wishing anyone would die, but I am looking forward to the day that Carl is no longer in charge of this team. What a surprise he's going to have when he kicks and he suddenly realizes "WHAT!? You mean they were all right when they said 'Carl, you can't take it with you'?!?!?!"