Thread: Doumit extended

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Twins Doumit extended

Twins signed C-DH Ryan Doumit to a two-year, $7 million extension.
    The deal is now official. Doumit will get $3.5 million each of the next two years. The 31-year-old remains an injury risk, but the money isn't terrible and the Twins could always trade him later on
    Doumit has surprisingly played more at catcher than DH this season. I never would have guessed that before the season. Doumit is hitting a respectable .271/.332/.443. I thought he would have been a trade piece but apparently Doumit liked the Twins and they liked him back.

MLB ERA

Re: Doumit extended

He has said he likes the situation in Minnesota and expects the team to "right the ship". He wants to be part of that.
    I like the move for both sides. He gets some stability and the Twins get an inexpensive run producer.
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans...." John Lennon

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Anyone see him score from second on that funky hit that started way foul and curved into fair ground? He had a jet pack, I think.

New York Yankee Hater!!!! mntwinsfan's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Good move for the Twins. We have a player that can play different positions. Good backup to Mauer when needed.
    KBSL - Atlanta Hawks
    Arizona gm - MSL