Thread: Ryan back at GM

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Twins Ryan back at GM

Twins Name Terry Ryan Interim GM: MLB Rumors - MLBTradeRumors.com

I think Smith being the scapegoat is unfair here. He didn't have a good offseason last year but the injuries to the team were not his fault. I do like Ryan being back as GM but if they made the move earlier, Smith might have had a chance to interview for some of the open GM spots.

MLB ERA

Re: Ryan back at GM

Smith made some "bonehead" moves and really didn't impress me at all. Ryan was better with a $30MM payroll than Smith was with $110MM.
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans...." John Lennon

Furcals Designated Driver realmofotalk's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

When Omar Minaya gets one over on you, you know you've goofed.

MLB ERA

That trade didn't work out too well for the Mets, either.
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans...." John Lennon

Furcals Designated Driver realmofotalk's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

The extension didn't work out well for the Mets. Still doesn't excuse the Twins' failure to get even market value in return for the best pitcher in the league at the time.

MLB ERA

I was never happy with the trade, but at the time, the Twins got 3 of the Mets top 8 prospects. The worst part of it has happened since the trade took place. Trading Gomez for Hardy wasn't bad, but trading Hardy for spare parts wasn't good. Trading Mulvey for Rauch worked out pretty well, but Rauch left too easily. Humber didn't work out for the Twins and Guerra hasn't looked as good, but is still young and not beyond hope.

Minor Leaguer
    Rookie ERA

About the frickin' time! Although I wish Ryan is here on a permanent basis, but I understand. At least we're back on the right track.

Smith as a scapegoat? Get out of here! Name one trade we were all satisfied with by Smith. The ones we liked, he traded 'em away, like catman said. We traded basically everything for almost nothing. He lacks the scouting skills Ryan has, that shows a lot.

MLB ERA

With Ryan back in charge, perhaps some of the players will want to stay, and others may want to return (Torii Hunter as DH/OF would be fine with me).