Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 4/6/05: Twins/Mariners

New York Yankee Hater!!!! mntwinsfan's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    How is Morneau????

I did nt hear that he got hit in the head. How about an update.
    KBSL - Atlanta Hawks
    Arizona gm - MSL

AA ERA
    Good job by the good guys. After a very dissapointing Opening Day loss, the Twins rebounded very well by winning the next two and taking the series. While it stinks to lose on Opening Day, it's great to win the series and that's what baseball is all about in the course of 162-game season.

I was very happy with the way the Twins played in this series especially offensively. It was good to get couple of runners in base and then Matthew Lecroy goes deep as he hits a rare HR to give the Twins the lead for good. Before the game, Bert Blyleven told Matthew to hit a HR for his birthday. When Matthew hit it, Bert went nuts in the booth and he started screaming. I was very happy with how the Twins got on base a lot in this series and how they drove in. I hope they keep it up.

It was nice to see the "B" guys play well especially defensively. Juan Castro did a good job defensively. It was nice to see Mike Redmond call a good game today and he got a runner out.

I don't know what was Dan Wilson, Mariners catcher, thinking as he tried to trip Nick Punto. It was pretty stupid. Fortunately, that plan failed as Punto touch the home plate. It's a good strategy yet pretty stupid.

Carlos Silva pitched a very good game. I was very happy with his performance. He got 3 DPs. He was Radke-like today as he got lot of his groundballs outs which is his strength.

Juan was solid and Joe was super. With all the closers blowing saves left and right in the majors on Opening Week, it's good to see Joe Nathan make it look easy.

The downer was Justin Morneau leaving the game. That pitch by Ron Villone as it slipped into Justin's head was bad. Justin fell down and it took two or three minutes for him to recover. Fortunately, he was able to gain consciousness.

Great series. It was close to the wire and it came down to matter of breaks. Fortuantely, the Twins got the breaks.

It's great to be 2-1. I feel a lot better than I was Monday night after the game.

Twins deserve a day off.

Let's go kick some Whiney Sux butt this weekend.

AA ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by mntwinsfan
    How is Morneau????

I did nt hear that he got hit in the head. How about an update.
    No word yet. We will find out this afternoon.

I am hoping he can play this weekend.

AA ERA
    I just had to add that Carlos was so economical out there. In the sixth inning, his pitch total was just 59 pitches. Unfortunately, it went 81 as he had the bases loaded in the seventh inning. Still that's darn good.

New York Yankee Hater!!!! mntwinsfan's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    He got out of the inning on a dp ball. So all went well. Wish Brad would have done better. We really should have swept the M's. But 2 Softball pitches to Sexson and we all saw what happened.
    KBSL - Atlanta Hawks
    Arizona gm - MSL

Morneau had a CT scan done and there is nothing wrong. The doctor told him that he will have a really bad headache today.

When they asked him where he was when he got hit he said "On the ground at home plate in Seattle" or something and Gardy said he knew he would be fine after but worried that the Morneaus that came to visit might hop over the fence and start fighting since there hockey fans lol.

AA ERA
    Inside the numbers on Carlos yesterday:

14 groundball outs

3 double plays

Allowed nine hits on 68 pitches through seven innings

88 pitches overall

I hope this is a sign of things to come. Carlos seem very confident about his season.

Mike Redmond and Gardy raved about Carlos performance yesterday.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12