Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Time to trade Mauer, Morneau and Cuddyer.

Minor Leaguer
    Rookie ERA

Re: Time to trade Mauer, Morneau and Cuddyer.

I'm willing to give Mauer one more shot, so yeah, I blame my Minnesota Nice in this one, but I am completely done with Mr. Softy Morneau. He clearly isn't out of the woods with his post-concussion symptoms for what, a long time? So I'm already fed up with how little Morneau has progressed since, I really hope the Twins isn't going to consider re-sign him another long-term deal. I'm off Morneau's wagon and I've stuck a fork into him. Sorry, Justine.

New York Yankee Hater!!!! mntwinsfan's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Morneau I think is done. The Twins might give him until spring training to see where things are at. What the Twins need to do is completely overhall the starting pitching. Baker is the only one I see worth keeping.
    KBSL - Atlanta Hawks
    Arizona gm - MSL

Rookie ERA

Justin needs to eat a little better, put back on a litle weight, get some rest and get himself an "Olerud" helmet and he'll be fine.

Minor Leaguer
    Rookie ERA

Quote Originally Posted by Tobywan View Post
    Justin needs to eat a little better, put back on a litle weight, get some rest and get himself an "Olerud" helmet and he'll be fine.
    It's easy for someone who doesn't follow the Twins closely, according to your little info, to say about Justin. Dude, Justin wouldn't get back to his old self again. If he does in the future, I may have to lock myself in the loony bin and rot. Justin hasn't been himself for a few years now. Quit thinking like it just happened this year.

Rookie ERA

Perhaps someone needs to just get a bat out their ass.

Minor Leaguer
    Rookie ERA

Olerud did not suffer any concussion that prompted him to wear batter's helmet without ear flaps whenever he was out playing on the field. He had a brain aneurysm in college!

Justin was the ONE who urged the players to wear Rawlings S100 helmets to ensure more protection. Guess what? Not so long later, he took back what he have said and wore his old batting helmet again the rest of his short season. Is that how Justin is supposed teach us young fellas from his experience? I think not. Guy felt he look ridiculed by wearing a bulky helmet in the Major League.

He becomes the biggest drama queen bitch in the clubhouse. He threw a verbal fit when his home run was overruled by a crew of umpires when it was clearly a foul ball. That says a lot about Justin lately.

Rookie ERA

No where in my post did I say that this JUST happened to Morneau, no where do I say that Olerud wore a flapless batting helmet in the field because of a concussion.

As for this NONSENSE that Justin hasn’t “been RIGHT in YEARS”, he was having his usual season when he was injured in Sept. of 2009 hurting his back that is one month of a season he missed. He came right back in ST and the season in 2010 his usual self UNTIL July when he suffered the concussion that sidelined him for the remainder of the season. No way to know for sure if someone is right or not during the recovery mode. So, in reality it is THIS year that he hasn’t been right, loss of weight along with the other nagging injuries and then another concussion shutting him down. THIS SEASON he hasn’t been Justin Morneau and you want throw him into the trash heap. Doesn’t sound to me like Justin is the one being the drama queen bitch.

As for the Olerud helmet, he wore it as precaution……….more protection against getting hit in the head in the field because he was warned a good blow could kill him…….. gee, sounds like something that someone that has suffered from concussions also might want to try.

So, let’s recap, reading, comprehension and math skills …….epic fail.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12