Thread: twins/o's series 7-19-05

New York Yankee Hater!!!! mntwinsfan's Avatar
    MLB ERA

twins/o's series 7-19-05

Well so far 2-2 in the top of the 9th. 2 times tonight we had the base loaded. Hunter strikes out to end the inning. Now in the bottom of the 8th Punto out on a ball hit to first.

We can't hit the ball. Again a good pitching outing, by Lohse of all people. I am sick of the twins hitters as a whole, beside 2 guys Mauer and Punto. Send those rat bastards to a ball and call up anyone who can hit. this team stinks.

By the support in the forum it sure shows who the true fans are. May you all become Yankee fans.
    KBSL - Atlanta Hawks
    Arizona gm - MSL

New York Yankee Hater!!!! mntwinsfan's Avatar
    MLB ERA

We win a game.

we won 4-3. what a crazy bottom of the 9th, here is what happened. WE WON when we should have lost the game.

Bot 9th: Minnesota
    - J. Mauer scored on wild pitch

- J. Jones singled to shortstop, M. Ryan scored, T. Hunter to third

Before this happened there was a passed ball, mauer stole 2nd. Throw error on the catcher mauer to third. Runner indifference on Hunter so hunter on 2nd maueer in 3rd. Jones single to ss to end the game. We won. on errors. Maybe this is what we needed to get going. Chi Suxo lost tonight. 12 games back.

Here is the link if any twins fan deside to show up.

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/recap?gid=250719109
    KBSL - Atlanta Hawks
    Arizona gm - MSL

MLB ERA
    You know what the biggest problem with the Twins is.. (and I've said it for a couple of years) ... and also aside from having Gardy as our manager?

Our batting coach shouldn't be coaching little league. WTF this guy is still doing as our batting coach is beyond me. We can't score runs to save our asses (and it's showing with only 3 wins in our last 11 or 12 games. This squad looks like it should have the potential of scoring 4 a game consistantly. Instead they are lucky to get the runs they do get. They also loose too many late inning games by giving up big runs at the end.

This one worked out, but as you said, we should have lost.

Rookie ERA
    Finally a WIN! Let's hope this keeps the ball rolling and we can win 2, 3, 4 in a row!

Lohse did pitch a pretty darn good game for him. It could have been a lot worse but he kept his cool and buckled down to get the outs when he needed them.

It was good to see Jacque get the winning hit - he needs something to get his confidence back and get his swing going again. Joe Mauer still gets things done but usually with no one on base - we have to get more of those clutch hits with RISP.

Big game today for the Twins with Radke on the mound. I sure hope he gets some run support because he hasn't gotten any - as usual and that's too bad.

Funny thing before the game, Dick and Bert switched seating postions in the booth - made a big hoopla about it hoping that would help. They are 1 - 0!!!