Thread: 7/20 - Twins Win!!! Twins 3 Orioles 2

Rookie ERA

7/20 - Twins Win!!! Twins 3 Orioles 2

Thank you Jacque Jones. Game winning home run today helps the Twins take the series from the Orioles.

Brad Radke pitched pretty well today except for the one pitch to Palmeiro (a 2 run home run). Rincon pitched his usual exceptional 8th inning and they brought Nathan in for the 9th even though it was still tied. He hadn't had any work since Friday and needed to get some game work in. He made it interesting! He got the first 2 outs right quick but then gave up a double to Tejada and walked Palmeiro to get to Sosa who made the 3rd out!!

It's two game in a row - it's a start!! We have a tough road trip ahead of us with the Tigers up first and then we are off to the Stadium in NY - ick! But let's hope this "win streak" continues.

Great win today by the Twins!!!!

New York Yankee Hater!!!! mntwinsfan's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Was a much needed win. in the 9th the walk to Palmerio was intentional. to get to Sosa who is struggling. Every pitch to Sosa was off speed and Nathan made Sosa look real bad.

yes it is a much needed win. 2 in a row. Finally a home run was hit by Jones. IF anyone saw the game today. Boone got a day off and no one sat by him except Lecroy. Boone was at the end of the bench, to me I think he wanted to play. Lets see if anything will be made out of this.

Good win
    now we are 20-19 in 1 run games. We lead the league in both stats.
    KBSL - Atlanta Hawks
    Arizona gm - MSL

MLB ERA
    lead them in both stats? does that mean lead the league in wins as well as in losses in 1 run games?

Glad to see the Twins win though. Morneau needs a boot in the butt. What happened to his bat? I heard earlier that he hasn't had a hit since the AS Game? Jeez.

And of course, last but not least, Radke didn't let me down. Another home run given up today. At least it wasn't in the first 2 innings. This time he waited until the 4th.

Did I mention how much I love the Twins these last two games. Sure, it hurts any WC chances the Sox would have if either the O's, Jays, or Yankees caught fire, but I'm focusing on the division. The Sox need all the spots they can get. Thanks Jacque!
    http://strike3forums.com/forums/phot...pelbon2006.jpg

Then out of fairness to the others you will be Slagathor.

MLB ERA
    Haha, always an alterior motive for rooting for another team, isn't there?

THat's kinda like me with football. My two favorite teams are the Vikings and whoever is playing the Packers.

New York Yankee Hater!!!! mntwinsfan's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Morneau is like in a 0-23 slump.
    KBSL - Atlanta Hawks
    Arizona gm - MSL

Rookie ERA
    I read where Morneau could be the position player sent down to AAA when they bring Baker up this weekend. He'd have to be there 10 days so he'd miss the NY series and we could use all the leftys we can get there but he hasn't done much so I doubt he would be missed.

Great win yesterday though!

MLB ERA
    You know what the real problem here is:

The batting coach. Scott Ulger is NOT a big league batting coach. Just look at the hitting for this team the past couple of years and it's quite obvious he's the absolutely WRONG guy for the job. Send him to some little league team, that'd be the perfect fit.

In the meantime, can him and bring in Molitor. Please please please! (better yet, can Gardy and bring in Molitor!!!!)

1st round draft pick voodoomon1jd's Avatar
    Rookie ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishercat
    Did I mention how much I love the Twins these last two games. Sure, it hurts any WC chances the Sox would have if either the O's, Jays, or Yankees caught fire, but I'm focusing on the division. The Sox need all the spots they can get. Thanks Jacque!
    Well at least the O's made the Twins swing the bat to win that one , can't stay mad. My O's have been playing very sloppily.

I hear ya Fishercat, I have to find me a White Sox hat to wear tonight

Rookie ERA
    You meant you were going to wear a Red Sox hat, right??!!??