Thread: Cuddyer offered extension

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Twins Cuddyer offered extension

Joe Christensen Minneapolis Star-Tribune reports that the Twins have offered Michael Cuddyer a two-year, $16 million extension.
    Cuddyer is making $10.5 million this season in a year that he's batted .301 with 18 homers and 60 RBI while making the All-Star team. The offer to the 32-year-old seems fair, but we also don't blame him for not jumping on it, because he could likely get more elsewhere. Ultimately, it would be a surprise if Cuddyer winds up signing with another team, as the Twins have made re-upping with him one of their top priorities.
    It would be hard for Cuddyer to take a pay cut after the year he is having or at least it would be for me. Cuddyer is on pace for a career year so he should wait to cash in on that.

MLB ERA

Re: Cuddyer offered extension

My guess is that he'll accept something like this. He likes the Twins' organization and the fans love him.
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans...." John Lennon

New York Yankee Hater!!!! mntwinsfan's Avatar
    MLB ERA

The Twins will need to up the offer. I do not see Michael taking a pay cut. He is having his best season by far. He was off to a terrible start and now he is hitting close to. 300. Give the guy a raise!
    KBSL - Atlanta Hawks
    Arizona gm - MSL

MLB ERA

With the pitching in tough shape, I'm not sure the Twins can afford to give Cuddyer a raise. If he'll take a "less than market" deal for a few years, I'm all for bringing him back. Either Kubel or him is gone this off-season.
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans...." John Lennon

Minor Leaguer
    Rookie ERA

We can't afford to lose Cuddyer to free agency. He is something we, in the upcoming future, need in the clubhouse after Thome was traded back to Cleveland. His veteran leadership is a necessity for a team like the Twins. Mauer and Morneau are still considered too fragile to even considered veterans IMO. In the last several seasons, I have grown to like Cuddyer a lot as a player and a person.