• 2nd

1 12.50%
  • 3rd

2 25.00%
  • 4th

0 0%
  • 5th

0 0%

Thread: Where will the Twins finish in 2011?

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Twins Where will the Twins finish in 2011?

After winning the division crown, but losing to the Evil Empire, the twins look to march on with another solid season under Ron Gardenhire's belt. Despite the changes, losses, and additions they made in the offseason, the most important things will be the health of Justin Morneau, Joe Mauer, and Joe Nathan. With them in tow, they're once again division favorites and outside shots at being World Series contenders. They go young with Danny Valencia full time at 3B, Alexi Casilla back in the lineup at SS, and Asian import Nishioka at 2B. Their rotation and pen are largely kept in tact, with Pavano having been resigned. Can Liriano anchor the rotation again? More importantly, can they stay healthy in the second half of the season to put a dent into the likes of the Evil Empire and the Evil Nation?
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

Rookie ERA

Re: Where will the Twins finish in 2011?

I think they should worry a bit more about the White Sox and Tigers for now.

If Morneau and Mauer stay healthy, I think they run away with the division. If either misses considerable time, I expect another extremely tight AL Central race with the Twins placing anywhere from 1st to 3rd.
    LeagueTeamRecordWild CardDivisionPennantsTitles
    MSLKansas City Royals (NYY/TB)3611-351711487
    TBLCleveland Indians1084-6982521
    HSLChicago Cubs2071-17641941

New York Yankee Hater!!!! mntwinsfan's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Key point missed is the Twins lost several arms this off season. The pen needs some work but, the offense will be just fine.
    KBSL - Atlanta Hawks
    Arizona gm - MSL

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

I have the Twins finishing third and I hate to do it because Gardy always impresses me and proves me wrong. The bullpen lost some arms and the rotation is the same. Both are not good things considering the Tigers and White Sox got better. Nishioka is a huge question mark and Morneau isn't far behind. I just don't see them winning the Central this year but it will be a tight race yet again.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

Another solid year. Another race towards the end.

Twins pull it out, win division by less than 3 games.
    -Chris
    Don't let the fear of striking out keep you from playing the game.

MLB ERA

I fully expect the Twins to win the division again. Gardy always seems to pull it out at the end of the season.
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans...." John Lennon

Banned
    Rookie ERA

Before today and seeing how many injuries and how disappointing the Twins have been I would have said the Twins would have finished in 3rd place in the A.L. Central. Now with the injuries they have and most likely the trade sale at the deadline we are looking at the Twins coming in last place.

Minor Leaguer
    Rookie ERA

5 people who voted 1st place must have taken some serious piss in their pants. Although I have recently signed up here and I knew way before the 2011 season started my gut feelings told me the Twins won't be any better than 4th place, er... 5th place team. Once I heard the lack of bullpen improvement, I sense they will do no better.