Thread: Morneau's Progression

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Twins Morneau's Progression

Justin Morneau (concussion) took 40 swings in batting practice Tuesday.
    Morneau also fielded grounders, turned double plays and received throws at first base. Outdoor conditions can be rough on concussion sufferers, mostly because of the brightness, but he's doing well to this point and plans to wear sunglasses throughout the spring. He's on track to be in the Twins' starting lineup on Opening Day.
    I think this is one of the top stories to follow this offseason. Without Morneau, I don't like the chances of the Twins sniffing the playoffs. I'm sure Gardy will give Morneau the necessary days off and Morneau won't be shy to say when that is. I know the Twins made the playoffs last year without Morneau down the stretch but the Twins as much as Morneau as possible because the White Sox and Tigers are improved while the Twins pretty much kept the same team.

Rookie ERA

Re: Morneau's Progression

I think they could still make the playoffs without Morneau, but it sure would make it easier.

Or maybe I'm just really hopeful that the White Sox don't make the playoffs.
    LeagueTeamRecordWild CardDivisionPennantsTitles
    MSLKansas City Royals (NYY/TB)3611-351711487
    TBLCleveland Indians1084-6982521
    HSLChicago Cubs2071-17641941

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by love_that_reefer View Post
    Twins pretty much kept the same team.
    With the exception of the bullpen.
    -Chris
    Don't let the fear of striking out keep you from playing the game.

MLB ERA

Morneau needs to get healthy before he worries about getting back into the lineup. Its more important that the Twins have a solid September than April.
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans...." John Lennon

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Justin Morneau (concussion) made two at-bats in a spring "B" game Tuesday in Twins camp.
    It was his first live game action since suffering a season-ending concussion last July 7. He hit into a fielder's choice in his first plate appearance and then rocketed a bases-clearing three-run double down the right field line in his second look. Morneau should begin seeing action in Grapefruit League games very soon.
    Good sign!!

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

I just wonder what the report is today, if he has any lingering headaches or anything.
    -Chris
    Don't let the fear of striking out keep you from playing the game.

MLB ERA

Morneau went 0-2 with a strikeout today. He reached base on an error.
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans...." John Lennon

Rookie ERA

Poor Justin, just when he seemed to be recouping he's out with the wrist. Now after an examination he needs surgery to remove a herniated disk that is pinching a nerve in his neck. So, now looking at mid-August before he returns.

MLB ERA

I hope this helps him get healthy. He's one of the better 1Bs around when he is right.

New York Yankee Hater!!!! mntwinsfan's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Morneau has NOT been right in a couple years. Doctors once again fail to get him right. The neck issue has been going on for awhile.
    KBSL - Atlanta Hawks
    Arizona gm - MSL

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Justin Morneau underwent surgery Wednesday to remove a fragment of a herniated disk from his neck.
    Morneau has been dealing with the issue for almost the entire regular season and decided to get it taken care of this week while he continues to rehab from a left wrist injury. He's likely going to miss another six weeks and probably shouldn't be counted on until mid-August. Another blow to the Twinkies' fading hopes.
    Bummer for Morneau! I enjoy watching him play and was his biggest backer when he won the MVP. I hope he gets back to being a force in the AL again. Seems like the M&M crew in Minnesota are melting in your hand.

New York Yankee Hater!!!! mntwinsfan's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Yeah, seems like they are melting. They were hurt to begin the year and nobody knew it until it was too late.
    KBSL - Atlanta Hawks
    Arizona gm - MSL

MLB ERA

Morneau has been cleared to return to baseball activities:
    Morneau starts return path

4:11PM ET
    Justin Morneau | Twins

Justin Morneau is starting baseball activities this week, just three weeks after having surgery to relieve a pinched nerve in his neck, reports MLB.com.
    The club says the last thing he will do is swing a bat but he's ready to take ground balls, throw and run, though he's still likely three more weeks from returning.
    Morneau's return could come at the perfect time for the Twins, as they fight their way back into the thick of the race in the American League Central. And if you have stashed him away on the DL in your fantasy league, that move could pay off big in August and September